Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Marcelo ...


I really like how some people live. Really. It's not surprising realizing what money can give you, though. When I see a house like this, I realize that money cannot bring you happiness, but it can buy you very nice things. Enters @MarceloBurlon, who is a fashion designer, and his house. BTW, this house tour is in italian so I posted it here literally just for Xersex.

This is his Ibiza home (he's got two others, one in Patagonia and one in Milano, natch) and it's been designed to take advantage of the climate in Ibiza, and of course. Taking advantage of that inside/outside versatility of houses built for that kind of weather really gives this one an edge. It's very Brutalist, with lots of cement, glass and wood, which I love. Some people find it cold, but I'm perfectly fine with it. 

The whole house can be opened, and that's awesome. Also, I think that his use of textiles, colors and textures bring a warmth to this square that makes you forget that the house is literally a box with glass walls. Also, the personal touches. What about all that Vinyl? I'm dead. I find that people who keep music in their houses are fab, whether if they play instruments (jealous!) or play the music in their collections. 

Did you get a load of that kitchen? Love! And he says it's his husband who cooks there. And Yerba Mate and Combucha? Hell, with a kitchen like that, even I would learn to cook more than Spanish Tortilla and Miso soup (also love the mid-century-inspired dining room and the awesome artwork on the wall). 

And that main bedroom looking out at the yard with that statue? Told you that money buys a ton of pretty things, no? No to mention the Keith Haring originals. So jealous. And the closet? For those who keep asking about closet space (me), this one has it. Love all of his clothes. After all, he's a designer so he's going to have some awesome pieces. Especially that Comme des Garçons, of course. 

As expected, the outside of the house is as awesome as the interior. The pool, the sculptures and the way the landscape is tailored to showcase local plants left me wanting to see more. And what about that '65 Mustang? Huh? And the Citroën? What about that? Shit. 

Money cannot buy you love, but it CAN buy you a fab house, no?

Ci vediamo, Marcelo!

XOXO


Comments

  1. How nice, for him. I don't understand people with so much... I look at the little I have and think I have too much. But humility and self-awareness never come to some.

    Thanks for sharing. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I feel like you.
      I really don't know what I'd do with so much, though. But a person like this tends to socialize at a level we don't understand and maybe a place like this would come handy for that...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your tribute!!!
    Nice guy and nice home! And you're sure I had seen you post because I can miss any post of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Prego, Xersex!
      It is a beautiful home. I think Italian may be his second language, though. I heard him speak in Spanish, too.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I don't understand a word, but I love the house, and all the glass, though, yeah, I'd declutter for days.
    I will keep that adorable mop-topped guitar player though, for my own amusement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL rapid fire Italian certainly is something.
      And I love the house too. I find that inside/outside aesthetic really pleasing, especially in the Mediterranean. And I also noted the guitar player. Yep.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I like rooms with the comfort of 4 walls. This was almost like looking at a display cabinet, not all all homey or inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this aesthetic.
      Very mid-century. It invites to minimalism and to appreciate nature around us. And I think the art, textiles and colors made it feel like his home. And remember, privacy is just a courtan away...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Too, too fabulous. I could do without all the wood on those interior walls though. The artwork? The sculptures? Yes, please! The vinyl, of course (though, I have a feeling my collection is as large). And that pool!! Oh, to be lounging a round or floating naked.... It'd be absolute Paradise. Who'd have time to be cooking? The Mustang! Oh, the Mustang.... Makes me really miss my Maserati (2-seater, convertible (soft and hard tops). ********sigh******** Think maybe he'd adopt me?? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought it was fab.
      And I think the wood contrasts with all that concrete. Love his collections and the pool. He's got no apparent neighbors, so swimming naked would be a strong possibility here (and it's the Mediterranean!)
      And that hooptie? I died. It looked in mint condition.
      As for adopting, I'm sure there's a waiting line... LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. What a dump! I wouldn't live there.

    No, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Oh, I would. I have no idea how I'd pay the taxes, but I would.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. That is what they say about money and happiness but I would love to find out. And hire someone with much better skills like Marcelo to design them. I think Patagonia would be a good choice for one of my homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wouldn't we all, Mr. Shife? Wouldn't we all?
      And he seems to like these far-away-from-the-crowds places for his homes. He probably has a very hectic life, being a designer and all that...

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. My gawd. It’s a fabulous house and the kitchen is huge! With all the stuff in the refrigerator, he either entertains daily or there are 8 people living there.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic house.
      And both the kitchen and the master bedroom are impressive (well, the whole house is) . I bet it's just him and the husband, but they probably entertain a LOT.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I think I'll take love over "happiness". Love can buy the happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Probably same. We're just two romantics, JM.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.