Go back in time

Show more

Tamagotchi



Did you ever have a Tamagotchi? I did. I actually had three. Consecutively. Back in the nineties, it was de rigueur to have one. People carried them everywhere: with their keys, attached to their backpack, hanging from their pants, anywhere where you could just check and make sure it was still there. 

I remember I had to provide snacks, clean the virtual poop and be aware that I could end its 'virtual' life if I did not take take care of it. Something very similar to what I do with plants nowadays, if I think about it. Tamagotchi were unpredictable, slightly temperamental and could die. Nevertheless, some people used to have two or even three. At the same time! I have no idea how they did it. Because with one, I had my hands full. It was almost like having a real pet. 

I guess we all learned that to be a good caretaker some of the most essential qualities were to be patient, to be able to read between the lines and to be a good caretaker. And sometimes, all it took was to make sure you knew when it was time to have snacks and check on the things that mattered to you.

Funny that Omar Apollo has a song called Tamagotchi. Apparently Millennials are taking a clue from Gen Z in many aspects. Everything old is new again.

XOXO



P.S: This lyric, though:

Feel on my waistline
I'm in LA, four hours away
Just hit me on FaceTime (FaceTime)
Feeling so good, feeling so good
Singing a bass line (Bass)
Your body is on me, you touching up on me
We cum at thе same time (Same timе)
At the same time

@omarapollo is apparently living some of his best life right now. Good for him!





Comments

  1. Tamagotchi? Never had one, though sure I would have, um, "killed" it instantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha they were notoriously finicky.
      And you've got pets. I think it would have been fine in your hands.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Like Bob, I have to say I never had one. I vaguely remember it being trendy among a certain age group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Yep. It was kin of the toy/accessory du jour. I just remember it being EVERYWHERE.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I never had a Tamagotchi -- didn't need one. My hands were already full looking after Her Royal Highness the Cat who was alive in those days. Feed me! Amuse me! Clean up my poop! It was exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh so HRH is one of the OGs? Work.
      LOL and yep, that sounds like a kitty. No need to do training wheels pet.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Well at least I’m not alone in having missed out on this. I do remember them being a thing, but I guess I wasn’t one of the coo kids. Well I know I wasn’t one of the cool kids or adults, I was as square as they came.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍đź’‹‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      There were a thing! They were everywhere, tv, magazines, everywhere! I was convinced everybody had one.
      And you pretend you're square. Ha!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Never had one. But perhaps they need to hand these out to teenagers who are itching to get laid. Sort of like making them care for an egg, only better. LOL. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Yes! Even more realistic than having them carry a baby doll everywhere, right? I bet they gave a ton of people skills on how to care for something different to themselves.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Not me. THE BOYFRIEND on the other hand? He still has one. It lives in a drawer. I keep asking him about it, but he won't spill the beans.

    I think of them as pet rocks... as in, why do these exist? I guess as some sort of challenge? Setting the bar a little low?

    As for Omar? He's cute. Not my thing, as you know. And the song is okay. Love that he's out there, though. Bravo for that.

    Hope you had a lovely weekend. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG really?
      That's one of OG, probably! OMG Upton. You've got to tell him that I'm totally jealous of him. I do not know anybody who's got one right now. LOL And he won't spill the beans? Naughty!
      And they were a kind of electronic pet.
      And I love Omar. I got his latest record. This song is a bop. If I were goingt to the clubs still, I'd love to dance to it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I had one...but I don't remember what happened to it. I also had a virtual pet on my Palm Pilot (a palm pilot handheld thingy before it became part of our smart phones).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!
      I loved mine! I think I lost two to moves and the last one, like you, I have no idea what happened to it. it may be in some drawer. And I remember Palm Pilots!

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. my comment has been eaten!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.