Go back in time

Show more

APOCALYPSE, Now?


I am convinced that if there is some kind of doomsday scenario I'll probably be one of the first to go, contrary to what this video may say about the probability of me surviving a major extinction event. Hear me out: even though I was a more than decent boy scout, I am (and have always been) a city boy and being in the countryside usually gets to me after four days. The wilderness was made for deer, racoons and the Marlboro man. I can improvise a decent fire when left to my own devices in the forest (or semi-desert area) I can track water (the Discovery channel, honey) and I can identify some poisonous fruits and plants. But I'm terrified of snakes, spiders and scorpions and cannot take mosquitos well. So I'm fucked.

I do love shows like The Walking Dead and have read many a post-apocalyptic YA novel which has done nothing to appease my fears that in case of a Hunger Games scenario, I'm doomed from the jump and I'll probably volunteer as tribute. I have thought about the possibility of a mass extinction  kinda scenario (Vladimir Putin emotionally and  literally holding the world hostage is a good sign of overall doomsday fuckery) and I have wondered if I should go soft-prepper on it. But then I think about Jim Bakker and throw up a little in my mouth. Wouldn't you?

I have low-key accumulated some things that could come handy, like a crank radio from the seventies for survivor transmissions after the fact and some low-tech tools that could come handy if an atomic bomb goes off and I have to stay in my basement garden apartment for a month and wait for the acid rain to abate. I may also need books. And canned goods. And some extra pieces of clothing. And maybe a first-aid kit. And Daryl Dixon. 

The video, though, is not completely off the rails, I do have some of those skills (not the soft choreo or the several pieces of luggage, or the gay scouts handbook, even though I do want that last one) but I am guilty of carrying an old Playbill in my bag. Don't ask. At the end of every semester I discover some things in my bag that I do not remember putting there.

So how about you? Would you survive the apocalypse? Maybe you're vers and have a 50/50 chance? I'm gonna need to know to start thinking about my exit strategy in case Chicago is one of the cities that goes first. A boy needs to know his options. Right? 

XOXO

Comments

  1. Anonymous6/07/2022

    Big says,
    Well, we are surrounded by Putin's prime targets. The AF base and Area 51 to the north, Hoover Dam to the south. So, in that scenario, we're fucked with no escape route. No basements to hide in - it's a rare home here that has one. I told my wife that in the Putin scenario - run **toward** the blast. It'll faster and less painful.
    Barring that, well, I'd be okay, I think. I can hunt and fish...so, yeah, there's that. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      I did not know that Chicago was a target, either. But apparently, it is. And running toward the blast may be a good idea. Quick and easy.
      And I cannot hunt or fish, so I may have to start my trek to the West coast early...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Cute video. Armageddon? I'd survive becoming a crusty old man with a shotgun and several trusty dogs by my side, oh, and a well-trained bottom or two to keep the hovel nice and clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Becoming"
      So sweet. And TWO bottoms, huh? Not that crusty, after all, right?

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I'm hardly classifiable, because I'm not an ANALyst, and if so, I'm just top. But my oral position is versatile: this means that I receive and give wonderful antibodies, antidepressants and antioxidants, mostly in the form of precum & cum. So, I think, those who swallow sperm (healthy, of course) will survive. Not forgetting kisses, which allow us to share saliva.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think that as long as you keep up with the antibodies, things will go well.
      And in this case I think you'll be right in the middle. A 50/50 chance of survival sounds good to me!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6/07/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Wait, does that mean no carry outs? Yeah, I wouldn’t survive very long. I remember the shortages when the pandemic started. No bottled water, toilet paper, etc. I guess I should start filling up the freezer, including ice, and get a charcoal grill instead of the more convenient propane.

    I’m northwest of Chicago so hopefully the prevailing winds carry everything east.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      Nope, no carry outs. And I also remember the toilet papocalypse. Can you imagine a real threat? And I'm kind of also thinking about those winds...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Damn right the lesbians will have already left the planet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      You know very well the lesbianas would already be colonizing the moon or mars by then. With a well-established government.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Bring it on. I view it as a game. I would keep as low a profile as I could. Sadly, I'm crafty. And not in a knit you a sweater or hook you a rug kind of way. I'm a gamer... but I also don't like losing. At the first sign of total hoplessness? I have a stash of ambien to take me away... hopefully. In the end? I don't care. Dying is not difficult. It just happens. Happens to all of us one way or another. The initial shock will numb you to any pain involved. So. Meh. If someone wants it more? Let 'em have it. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Bring it on, that's right. I think I may be able to survive, too. And survival instincts will probably take over. One never knows what the reaction will be. But I agree with you. If someone wants more, let them have it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I think we're safe in Smallville, unless the target is rednecks and racists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Rednecks and Racists?
      Very The Hills Have Eyes meets Deliverance. I'd take Carlos and the kids and run for the plains.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I would like to think I would do very well, since I like the outdoor things and some of my glamping skills like fire do come in handy. I also think I would be good at keeping low key as to not get noticed. Maybe you can escape here if I get a underground bunker to live in. But it would be clothing optional, wink!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh.
      I think you'd do well. You do like the outdoors and have been doing lowkey training for years. And I think I'll go stay with you. Big is too far, Upton has Ambien, Debra is gonna be in outer space and Dave will already have two bottoms keeping the place up.
      And you know I'll probably be wearing close to nothing. The atomic blast, you know...

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Anonymous6/08/2022

      Big says,
      Well, you've convinced me! If you two are gonna glamp it in an underground bunker ---- clothing optional ---- I'm there! xoxo

      Delete
    3. Who gets the middle position??!?!?!?

      Delete
    4. LMAOOOO
      Oh, dear!
      I think this is what they call bitingway more than I can chew!

      XOXO

      Delete
    5. Anonymous6/09/2022

      Big says,
      Six, I know I'm a bit above average - but I swear it's not too much to chew!
      Who gets the middle? Maddie, I have a feeling that'd be your spot. I wouldn't complain, really I wouldn't! XOXO

      Delete
    6. Hahahaha
      Oh, yes. Maddie would probably be in the middle. The talent!!
      And that right there tells me two things, Big: one: the dick is nice. Two: the lay is better. I would not complain, either. Moan? Yes. Complain? No.

      XOXO

      Delete
    7. Poor Big....thanks heavens we're size queens Sixpence! But Im very giving. I can blow you both! Or more.

      Delete
    8. LMAOOOOO
      Oh, if we get Big... he may be in for a treat. And I know of your talents...

      XOXO

      Delete
    9. Anonymous6/10/2022

      Big says,
      🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆
      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.