Go back in time

Show more

Between the Lines


I went to the Andersonville street fair over the weekend. It's one of the experiments I'm carrying out post-pandemic to help me get over my dislike for crowds. You see, I choose an event that is located in a part of the city that is most probably going to make it kind of 'safe' to go to. Like, not the suburbs and not a venue that is gonna have people who drive trucks with a Punisher sticker or a 'Q sent me' flag. In other words, I go to 'woke' places where it is highly probable that most people are vaccinated and to events that involve queer people to some extent. 

So the street fair in Andersonville was the perfect excuse to go out this weekend. And I enjoyed it. It was a little too cozy for my taste (I found myself trying to keep some modicum of distance between me and others even though we were out in the street) but it was fun. And it was good to see so many gay men all in one place. And some were seriously hot. And I did get some once (and twice) overs and one or two smiles. It was fun. I miss going out. Not only for the handsome men, but because pre-pandemic I was always doing something over the weekend, and that helped kind of ease off the stress of the workweek.

What this quick stroll (we were in and out in about one hour) reminded me of is that I don't really have a 'type'. I find many, many kinds of men attractive (yeah, I'm with you there, Maddie). I do have a preference, though: I tend to like men over forty (or fifty, natch). Younger men, even though attractive, don't really seem that interesting to me. Oh, they're easy on the eyes, of course. Not like if Taron Egerton asks me out for coffee I'm gonna say no (I'm choosy, not stupid), but I'd definitely say 'yes' much faster and enthusiastically if let's say, Idris Elba invites me to see his record collection. Now THAT I'd love to see.

But  that's just me. I find that many people do close themselves to a 'type' and let their preferences get the best of themselves. Have you ever pined for the one guy that you are almost sure does not 'vibe' with you? The one you just know is gonna tell you that you're 'not his type'? And still, you persist in your silly infatuation? Been there. Done them. Especially when I was younger and stupid. We found ourselves almost obsessing over the 'the one'. Which is most certainly gonna leave us blind and deaf to anything and anybody around us. And that's our loss.

I think that we tend to put a lot of weight into what we think we 'like'. That 'type' we think is gonna make us happy. And that's silly. We tend to go from 'Mr. Right Now' to 'Mr. Maybe If' in an endless search for that 'type' we believe we like. And we miss out on a good thing (or five). We don't read between the lines. Silly us.

So, read any good books lately?

XOXO

P.S. Now that I have your attention, don't forget to watch the January 6 Committee hearings. Today's hearing promises to be GOOD. Hey, Merrick, indict Cheeto!

Comments

  1. I don't really have a problem with crowds. I'm vaxed and boosted, and will continue to get boosted whenever they feel it's necessary. Woke is good. Too often, we let the Craker Jack Crazy Shriekers use their volume to set the agenda. They are a minority. And the hearings are great. Pay attention to what's happening in Georgia, though, I'm betting a certain Orange Anus will flee the country before he lets them put him in leg irons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read, however, that your Ex-Potus has a strong intention of running for election in 2024.

      Delete
    2. Crowds still make me nervous.
      And same about the boosters. I'll get whatever is needed. Already do the flu, so what's new? And crazy shriekers are certainly loud. A minority, but absolutely loud.
      Waiting for Georgia. Hopefully only one of the many acts of fuckery that will land Cheeto in jail with all his minions.

      XOXO

      And Xersex: a con man will always find ways to fleece the idiots. He's not going to run, but he'll get all the money he can from that threat.

      XOO

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6/13/2022

    Big says,
    That is one huge, hot...Barnes & Noble! A book worm? Absolutely, because most people don't know just how hot they can be. Have I pined? OMG, have I. The first wife...that was mine. Pined for years. And I do mean years. She was out of my league but it didn't stop me. So, we see how that turned out.
    I'll be watching the hearings. Oh, my yes! And, while I watch, I will imagine Cheeto sitting, watching, and seething at the temerity of those "rats" who turned on him and his twerking to his new soc. media about how the people who turned rat didn't have anything to do with him trying to take over the country by coup.🤣🤣 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      Barnes and Noble used to be my refuge too! And there used to be a huge one in every mall. Haven't been in one in years. And I feel you about the pining. Not always gives us what we want, or think we want, of course.
      And the hearings are a public indictment of a madman who thought he could con the country. Well, in a way he did, because he almost got that coup he planned...

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6/13/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    This was a very cute short. It shows that we do need to be open to the possibilities. It is especially true if you are not the outgoing type. I’m not one to make the first move, as you are well aware. I guess that helps me keep my mind open.

    I’m still not going to busy enclosed places like restaurants and movie theaters. With the numbers going up, I’ll only do places where I’m in and out relatively quickly. I do my shopping early in the day to avoid the weekend crowds.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it?
      I thought it was adorable. And being open to possibilities is a very good thing. On never knows, right?
      And enclosed places still make me nervous. We're vaccinated, not immune. I still wear my mask around, even at the supermarket. Not like I see many in the suburbs, mind you...

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. We don't go to crazy big events yet, but do hit up our local Farmer's Market every week; you can socially distance and still see friends out and about, and get some sun and fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about doing Pride.
      We did Milwaukee and it was ok. Stayed kind of to the sidelines. Seeing acquaintances and friends in open spaces is getting more and more common... We know they're vaccinated. One of the advantages of NOT having Repug friends...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I was after this one guy for years once. We knew each other, but he was like your explaining....closed himself off. I guess he didn't like the drag angle, and thought I was too pretty boy twink. Somehow one night after years, we ended up in bed. He later commented to a friend of mine that I was the hottest sex he ever had and he came back for more too. Never close yourself off. That just could be one of the best lover or friends you may get. I will never understand it. A dick is a dick. put your lips around it and blow !!!!!!

    And I have seen the short you featured above a few weeks ago. It was soooo cute and shows this example of your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? You've always have your finger in the pulse of things.
      And pining for a man who is kind of closed off is something many of us do. I'm glad you two did connect and he saw what he had been missing. Yo have no idea the number of men I know that will refuse to date/fuck anybody who's not in their 'list'.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. And Merrick best shit or get off the fucking pot! I will bet money that fat son of bitch will walk away scott free....even after all this. And my head will blow. I'm so tired of all this fucking around. Can you tell cutie I don't have any patience? And a temper? I can't help it, I'm a Scorpio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merrick better acts.
      I think the MAGAts are threatening civil war, but we'll have to see how that goes. I think the Dems and the DOJ are waiting to have a very airtight case so Cheeto cannot slither away in a technicality. You KNOW he'll try...

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Awwww, what a sweet little film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      So adorable. And that ending!!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    1 day ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.