Go back in time

Show more

Cotswolds


Ok, the second I heard 'cottage' I was in. Because of course I was. The idea of moving from a big city to a smaller town in America, I cannot fathom. But maybe in another country, like England? I could certainly consider it, as this couple did. Especially in England. Small town America is really not my cup of tea. Yeah, it's cheaper. Yeah, it's got character. Yeah, small towns can be incredibly beautiful. Yeah, some small towns are very gay friendly. There's also a very high chance of being a very bigoted, very small-minded and very dangerous place for LGBTQ people. So, no thank you.

This house has a very rustic charm, of course. And the idea of surrounding yourself with things that you have collected and made makes it even more attractive. Not to mention that it eschews the usual white walls for that fantastic shade of green. The inclusion of some pieces of furniture that have such a rich and interesting story, of course adds to the charm. Because Grotto furniture, right?

Having a mini-bar comes always handy because one never knows who can drop by and it gives you the chance to show off your collection of glasses (Maddie is gonna like this one). And they obviously like to entertain. Did you check that dining room out? As for their bedroom (the cottage has three), you know how I feel about wallpaper, but it works, somehow. Notice that cloudy color in the bathroom. This is one of the most colorful, yet subdued houses I've seen in awhile. But the Boy's Bathroom is my fav. I think you'd know why.

And I think he's right: the most successful interiors are those who reflect their owner's personality and we can tell who they are in this case.

XOXO

P.S. I may be a little out of commission today. Some minor stuff going on. I'll be back tomorrow...

Comments

  1. In case you didn't know, Cotswold videos are extremely popular right now, it seems as though every home in the town has a video out right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that!
      But with Cottagecore and Grandmillenial being all the rage, I'm not surprised.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I love the cozy cottage feel, and the fact that someone else has painted a room olive green other than me!! It's still a lot of stuff for me, but I live an edited life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's adorable!
      And that shade of green is fab. I'd love to have a powder room painted that color. And I don't mind the maximalist vibe. So pretty.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6/14/2022

    Big says,
    That's a cottage??? I think the term is misplaced. The place is pretty big. LOL. Very dark - but in England you need the warm colors because it's so freaking cold there! Tchotches everywhere. But...books. Yes, please. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      They are probably referring to the fact that it's in the countryside? I don't know. And I've never thought about those warm colors being almost a necessity in England. Love the books, too.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6/14/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Such lovely decor. They have so many things to display, but the groupings on the walls really work, especially in the boys’ bathroom.

    I’m not normally a fan of green (sorry Bob) but it really does work. I may have to rethink that, though I don’t plan on doing any decorating anytime soon.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was pretty, too.
      They have traveled extensively, that's clear. And he's very creative, so yes. And I love the Boy's Bathroom!
      And I think this powdery, subdued shade of green is just fab.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I am with you... never a small town... at least not alone. The country? That's a nother matter. I could do that. A hobby farm. But such a tiny place... why fill it up with so much stuff? It's overstuffed. Which can be cozy, but I like less clutter, open spaces and elbow room. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a small town for a queer kid? It's a no.
      But ''the country'' would make me reconsider. And you know that many people like to have their mementos around them. And it can come handy in the cold England winters...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I do love cottage style, but more streamlined myself.

    I too like cities better, and still not a day goes by I don't miss living in New Hope. I would have been highly surprised if that hadn't made the list of LGBT cities. Of course, P-town and Ogunquit, are right there with New Hope and places I go every summer. I love that Ptown and Fire Island are still at least 80% all gay. The most dangerous thing to happen to you in these three places, is possibly being scratched by a drag queen's pinky ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Cottagecore is a thing with Millennials, apparently.
      And same about big cities. I grew up in a big city and live in a big city now. Small cities give me Desperation, by Stephen King.
      And I'm going to have to go to Fire Island or PTown sometime in the next years. For real.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. I could totally see you on Fire Island for some reason even over P-town. I would show you the island and we could talk about everything, and such in the sands dunes for hours... catching rays, and using the ole Ban de Soliel on each other.

      Delete
    3. OMG so much fun!
      This is something that NEEDS to happen. Universe, are you listening? It's me, Sixpence!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Imho, he has too much objects in his home. Love that green colour of the walls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he tends to be a maximalist, but I don't mind it.
      And I LOVE that green. All the colors in his house are very yummy.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.