Go back in time

Show more

Alta Sartoria (or Scheherazade as a boy)



This show is so absolutely fabulous that even though I despise D&G and their positions on many things, I decided to show the runway. It's slightly orientalist in essence but it's the Mediterranean, so there’s that. It is also a show of incredibly detailed and painstakingly elaborated craftsmanship and it deserves to be recognized. Couture is couture because it is unique. It's also art. So there's that.

Ok, so picture this: we're having a fantastic get-together this summer in a  XV century castle on the Baltic seashore and this is what everybody is wearing. Ready?

Debra: I can see her in any of the tuxedos or suits (especially that pearl/gray one or the black/gold brocade one or the blue one with the wide lapels). Oh, I love a woman in a well-cut three piece suit.

Maddie: I can see Maddie in any of the bejeweled tops with the distressed jeans/palazzo pants. She's got the goodies for that. And she likes to have her tits out. Win/win.

Huntley: He's wearing the all-black ensemble with the see-through shirt. Yes. He's demure but we all know what's underneath...

Dave: the long embroidered purple smoking jacket, wide legged pants, no shirt and purple harem slip ons. You know he likes to look imposing. 

Jimmy: I think he'd rock that pink/flush number with the mid-length tunic and the pants. He's a pocket gay and pocket gays can be daring.

Big: He likes black but I think for this he'll be wearing that salmon number that does not button up at all. And all the jewelry, of course.

Bob: It's the purple, see-through number with the wide-leg pants and the shorts underneath. And pearls.

Cali-boi: Oh, the gladiator sandals with the gold chainmail shirt and those pants. *faints*

John: He's probably going to be in the white number with the wide-legged pants and the shirt. Love that clutch for him.

Xersex: Those bejeweled jeans and black jacket with gladiator sandals and open shirt. Yes.

Upton: The sleeveless white shirt with the bejeweled neck and the black and white pants. And those earrings, of course. 

Infidel: Bejeweled jacket, distressed jeans, headdress, harem slip-ons. He likes to be comfy.

J.M.: The lamé shorts with gladiator sandals and bejeweled tunic. Very basic in gold.

Mr. Shife: Oh, the knee-length pants and jacket with ankle gladiator sandals. He likes to be comfy.

Lurkie: I suspect he's gonna wear that black number with the cape at the end. I know, Edna says 'no capes', but this is a special occasion. And Lurkie can make an entrance.

And those are the usual suspects that are coming to the party. Now, what should I wear?? It’s gonna take me a minute. 


XOXO

P.S. if you want to be invited, just tell me what you'd like to wear. The guest list is open wide...













Comments

  1. I'll wear anything that doesn't stain while standing next to (or in) the Gincuzzy!
    For some reason this runway show reminded me of the sex slave market in Northern Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah
      Practical, huh? And I had exactly the same impression!!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Sorry, but in this heat, I'm going to be wearing a sleeveless T-shirt and very baggy gym shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, dear.
      You'd be literally wearing shorts. And you'll be shirtless.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7/20/2022

    Big says,
    Oh, you know I would totally wear and rock what you picked out for me. Daytime, give me the flowy white ensemble - especially if we can be on the beach and barefoot. Then early evening, just as the sun is going down, sparkling gold on the water of the Mediterranean....it all comes off to cavort naked! Dressed for dinner: the all black for eveningwear. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah
      I know you would! And white always works in summer, right? And of course you'd be naked. I should have thought about putting you in one of those barely-there outfits...

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. That will be quite the party! I'll be there, suit and all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Can you IMAGINE? I can almost hear the conversations.
      And you'd look awesome in a suit.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. It's funny because the one that I loved most was the basic black suit with the sheer black shirt beneath.
    I fear if I wore sheer pants I'd go commando and all hell would break loose in town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Bob!
      I chose those sheer pants BECAUSE I was hoping all hell would break loose. Duh.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous7/20/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Can I say the length of that runway is NUTZ! The number of extra models they needed to keep the flow going is huge.

    I think I could be comfortable in the ensemble you selected. I thought that you too would look good in the bejeweled tops/headgear combos with strategically ripped jeans. But then I thought with your skin tone the white suit with the shear top might be better.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, D&G are known for their excesses. Not frugal, those two.
      And I would love to see you in that. And I think I'd try those tops. Really. But yeah, white would be awesome. I'd go to the beach for weeks just to wear that sheer white top!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Oh man, I despise D&G. Self entitled, white privileged self-hating faggots. I don't follow runways much, but that was a hellishly big collection. And I think you nailed me. But let's face it, we know Maddie would only wear the jewel parts and that's it. I dare even say naked, but with just the billowing finale cape. He lets it all hang out.

    faint into me, I got ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D&G are kind of horrible, aren't they?
      But they make fantastic garments. Ugh. And you know they're an exercise in excess. Always.
      And you'd look FANTASTIC in that. And yes, Maddie probably would do just the jewels and the cape, that bitch. And a commotion would ensue.
      And fainting into you would be awesome. I'm sure.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. This show has been in Sicly, Italia!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      D&G usually stage their shows in Italy. It is a lovely town!!

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. In Sicily, because Domenico Dolce is from Sicily.

      Delete
  9. A short 50 years ago I would have worn any and all of those but these days just a basic suit is as far as I go. However, those baggy pant legs (almost skirt like) look like they would be really comfortable. And the jewels. Well I always like me some glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      And it's a deal then. You're invited!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    9 hours ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    3 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    3 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.