Go back in time

Show more

HANKY, PANKY?



I love the idea of a hankie code! Gay men apparently have always found a way to telegraph our desires/preferences in bed to other men in subtle (and not so subtle) ways. I also love the idea of what gay sex in the seventies was: unencumbered by social norms, totally tending towards the hedonistic and blissfully unaware of what the eighties would be.

Expressing sexual preferences and kinks has always been part of the Leather community, for what I've read (the kinksters, always light years ahead), so it comes as no surprise that the Kink and Leather communities are the ones that would probably use more a code to let others know what they're into than the garden variety gay man. I find the idea of telling the world without telling the world that we like bondage, for example. Titillating. 

I've seen many a straight person wear a bandana while being blissfully unaware that they are telling a very discerning minority that they like scat, or fisting or waters ports. Maybe all that soccer mom knows is that that Coach bandana goes well with her shoes. Or maybe that PepBoys guys is just simply keeping his hands free of grease. Or maybe not?

I usually peg (heh) straight people as of totally unaware of things gay men do, but I tend to forget that the most Stepford of the wives could be dominatrix in the safety of her suburban lair and the most straight-laced accountant could have a shrimping kink. And that the hankie code is not limited to gay men. We should never, ever judge a book by its cover, right?

XOXO


P.S. Oh, here's yours truly, because TMI is after all, my brand. 









Worn in the back right pocket, of course. 

Yes, there was going to be a test today.


Thanks to The Closet Professor (and to Huntley, for mentioning him) for his unintended guidance!

Comments

  1. I am perverse, but only I see spermatozoa in the leaves of the bandanas (pink, yellow & green)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Xersex.
      We love that you are a pervert. We really do.
      And if you wear those bandanas on your left pocket, we could talk....

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. It never really caught on in Central PA, not that you didn't see the occasional hanky, but believe me, they were rare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh
      You probably did not hang out at the right truck stop, Dave. I could see them at The Eagle in Pittsburgh in the early 2000s, but hey.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Son, Fuckee Bottom, Wants a big one, likes to get fucked with dildoes, men in suits get you going... yes? Me? If I employed the hanky code I'd have so many bandannas sticking out of both pockets I'd look like a fucking parade float. I must confess... I have stalked men at hardware store and grocery stores for having a hanky hanging out of their pockets. You know... just in case. I always know where the restroom is... :) Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      You are SO right, Upton. You can read me like an open book (a smutty one, of course!). And I think the bandana should fit the mood. That's how I'd use it.
      And stalking men at hardware stores is an Olympic sport, dear.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Orange is the predominate color here. However, you don't see hankies very much anymore. That means you have to be extremely careful of the 'Hunter'.
    ps. I couldn't get your youtube video to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      Anything, anytime sounds like a mantra I could follow? And I have not seen hankies in years! Thing is, I don't do bars anymore so there's that.
      And you know YouTube is a bitch.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Anonymous7/14/2022

    Big says,
    These guys are hilarious. How fun that was. I'm still very confused, though. 🤣🤣🤣 Guess that's the result when you've never paid attention to that stuff. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a riot!
      Love them. And Mr. Kristopher could tie me up any time. And head up to the Professor's website. He's got a handy color-coded guide. LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous7/14/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Amp and Mr Christopher have too much fun. The code has so many different shades I’m not sure I’d be able to tell the difference in a dark bar, nor would I be quick enough to decipher what they mean. So here are my colors: Navy (both), Grey (left), Robin’s Egg (left), Light Pink (both). But open to more possibilities 😉

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they are fun, fun.
      Can you imagine the sex? I'd like to watch. And in a bar you will have to follow them to the bathroom, I guess. No?
      And that's why I like your adventurous side, bae.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. This would explain a lot as I did have a bandana phase in college and never could understand why some dudes were interested in me. And me being a dumb, white guy, I was oblivious to it all. I just thought they wanted to hang out with me because I was a fun dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Oh, Mr. Shife! I'm sure they were even MORE interested after they peeped that bandana on you. And being oblivious probably made you even more interesting, but I have the impression they wanted to hang out with you for OTHER reasons, not just because you're a fun dude.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I had no idea! No idea! Do I live under a rock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I hope they make a comeback!
      Grindr and Scruff and whatever the hell they are called have fucked interaction up.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.