Go back in time

Show more

Jump in!


Having a pool in Northern Illinois is almost an exercise in futility. Our neighbors have one (well, several neighbors have pools, this being a bougie suburb) and I can see it's been used only now in July. I think that if you have a pool here, you can only use it from June until August if you don't heat it and even more if you do, but I bet it costs a lot of money to keep it going all those months. And even afterwards, because you need all kinds of accoutrements to keep it going here with all the snow,  so it can become expensive. But hear me out, I went to a pool party this last weekend and with these high temperatures this summer, I think it's great to have one. Still, you need to live in a state with great weather to really enjoy one. California? Florida? I don't know.

I find pools to be somehow constraining, I can't deal with people all over me (unless they ask nicely) and swimming laps requires a large pool. Something you'd find in a gym or maybe a public pool? And I don't like those options, either. I don't know. I do like the idea of laying down on a chaise and reading a book while drinking Mojitos, but who doesn't? Another thing I do know is that I'd love to help select the lifeguards for a pool, as Trixie did here. I also think Leslie Jordan was perfect for the job. Trixie knows what she's doing. 

Oh, if you didn't know, Trixie is doing Trixie Motel, a project that involves her real life partner, a lot of money and a hotel in Palm Springs they bought online. Honey, if there's ever a test for a relationship, try remodeling anything with your significant other. I've watched a lot of remodeling/makeover programs and it can get INTENSE. Trixie Motel's is a riot, though, and almost the whole process is on YouTube. At least the most fun parts. If you're interested, the whole series is on Discovery+.  

So, do you have a pool?

XOXO

Comments

  1. No pool! Too much work. With all the water and space issues down here SoFlo, people are putting in what is called "Splash Pools". Just a bit larger than a jacuzzi. No room to swim a lap or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can imagine.
      But in my head, having a pool in FL is kind of a no-brainer. Splash Pools? Never heard of that!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I like people who have pools, but I don't want one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Same! I cannot believe all the work (and money!) that goes into having one.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. No pool. I had one when I lived in L.A. - it was so lovely and great exercise. It's probably the only thing about L.A. I really miss... well, that and the cruisy parks in Santa Monica, Venice... sigh. Anyhoo. Leslie Jordan is a national treasure. I just adore that little queen. He is so funny. The last thing I saw him in was this sitcom with Vicki Lawrence where they were in a retirement community. And I would love to own a motel. Goodness knows, my nightly turn-down service would be the talk of the town... I love providing guests service. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, pools are fantastic for exercise.
      And Leslie Jordan makes everything better. And there's a sitcom with him? I need to find that ASAP!
      This motel project is really cool... and I totally believe you'd have the best customer service ever.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. love these lifeguards!

    out of Topic: take a look here and you'll be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha same!
      Such handsome men. And thanks for the link! Dmtri is fantastic!!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. That video was hilarious! I love Leslie Jordan, he's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Wasn't it a hoot? All Leslie Jordan has to do is walk in and start speaking...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Pools are a lot of work, and here in Central Pa, you can only use one from late May into September. But, having had a pool for 13 years, I can say they are well worth the effort. I was in that sucker every day, and learned that my glow-white skin can get very, very tan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, late May to September would be almost reasonable...
      And they're cool, but I think they're a lot of work. Using them every day is indeed a good way to get your investment back.
      And do you still have the Speedos?

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7/21/2022

    Big says,
    Leslie Jordan. What a hoot! But I think I may need a lifeguard for my pool - can Trixie send those guys over to audition for us? (Hey, i know my wife would love the eye candy, too!)
    The pool can be a lot of work - that's why we have a pool guy. Ours is a sports pool that you can do laps in - but it's more for volley ball kind of stuff. Or, more precisely, floating around naked. As you know, I am in it every day of the swim season - usually late April through early Oct. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Everybody loves Leslie!
      And I think Trixie could send you the ones that were not chosen, of course! LOL
      And you have a pool guy? Now, that's something I'd consider. And doing laps in the pool would be the reason I'd have one, TBH. Or floating around naked. And April through October? Yes!

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Anonymous7/21/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    No pool here, I barely passed swim class in high school. There are some people around here that have above ground pools, and I’ve even seen an in-ground one.

    I do like the activities around pool life. And I’ll never say no to a hot lifeguard. Since I don’t really swim, I’ll take Leslie’s part. You’ll save me, babe, right? Right? Babe?

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh.
      Well, you look good when you're on a towel, soaking up the sun, so there's that. And doing stuff around the pool is always fun. And of course I'd save you, but I think you'd like being taken care of by one of those hunky lifeguards...

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. No pool but our good friends who live two houses down do so we get all of the benefits but don't have to deal with the upkeep and other pool maintenance. I am not a water person because I had a lot of surgeries as a kid so I couldn't swim at all. Having a pool is no big deal to me but the kiddos love it and I am grateful that get to swim almost whenever they want. Take care, Sixpence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      I am a water person, though, and I think I'd enjoy a pool where you can actually swim. And sorry about the surgeries! Have you thought about learning now? And I bet the kids love it! Kids love pools.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.