Go back in time

Show more

DSQUARED2 SPRING SUMMER 2023


Oh, you know I'm already thinking about 2023. No, really. This summer has not ended, but I am thinking we are going to have a harsh winter. I'm not ready. And the guys at Dsquared2 kind of are feeling me. I'm thinking very tropical, very Reggae, very laid back vibes with this collection. I also love the clashing archetypes they mix in in all of their collections. I'm not a Ralph Lauren/Americana/WASP-y kind of boy, so this is right up my alley.

The tailoring is still there, the layering is still there. But I think it's the combination of textures and colors (florals, for spring/summer, actually groundbreaking in men) and those neon touches with brown really got me going. I know, I know, it's for people under forty, it's too much, blah, blah, blah. But you do know that everything you wear is drag, right? Everything you think you chose all by your cute self has been chosen for you by some people in an office somewhere. Even your trusty cargo pants and your little Polo shirt or your button down. Even that white t-shirt and those jeans were chosen by someone for you. So why not give in and be inspired by a color, a texture, a cut? That's what I get from fashion: I don't plan on wearing exactly what these beautiful men are wearing. I could not afford it. But I will watch them and see what I like. And then, when the time comes, I will be inspired when choosing from underwear (I'm planning on doing some square cuts again, Huntley) to jackets for work next year. 

'Fashion' is not thinking that you need to wear what they are wearing on this runway or changing all your wardrobe every season. 'Fashion' is enjoying what you choose to wear, darling. And that does not need to be DSquared2.

XOXO

P.S. My five favs:


I cannot forgive the sandals/socks combo, though. Too first summer class as an undergrad for me.


I love the jacket and the shorts. 


I would literally wear ALL OF THIS.


This is so beautiful. That light coat/duster! 


The bag. The pants. The shirt.

Comments

  1. I can't with the bellbottoms, but I like some of the things, though socks and sandals???? Honey?? No. Plus, I could smell the patchouli oil through the screen. But it gets fun points and color points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!!! Bob! Socks and sandals?!?!? HELL NO! It's almost as bad as wearing crocs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to take that sandal off and slap the shit out of them across the face! LMAO! Get me Anna on the phone..........

      Delete
    2. I kind of like bellbottoms? I'm seeing more and more wider-leg pants for 2023 and I'm not mad. Most of my pants are slim, mind you, so that adds some variety.
      As for socks and sandals, you saw my comment: UNFORGIVABLE.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. No one in Central PA will wear any of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HuntleyBiGuy8/25/2022

      You could be a trailblazer, Dave!

      Delete
    2. But Dave!
      You are ALREADY wearing the colors of the next season: that shirt you wore to sign your book? The colors in your running shoes? You are giving Central PA a lesson in style.
      Who knew?

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. HuntleyBiGuy8/25/2022

    **Sighs: Remembering Six in square cuts. 😘😜

    There are some interesting looks here. I do think the vinyl shorts could get a bit warm and sweaty. I also think you would look fantastic in the powder blue blazer.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Oh, their styling is always impeccable. It's the pieces what make their collections so unique. And I LOVE those shorts. Really. I'd wear them with boxers underneath. If I wear my jockstrap, I'll send you a photo.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I will have take your word on this, Sixpence, because I wouldn't know know fashion if it tea bagged me. Most of my outfits consist of black gym shorts and plain t-shirts so I know I need help. But, with that being said, I still know that wearing socks with sandals is a no-no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOOO
      Oh, Mr. Shife. I just went back to work and I feel your pain. Getting back in my work pants has required salads for dinner for a month. And you know you, watching one or three fashion shows will spark your imagination next time you need to buy something for a wedding, for example (the whole family looked fab, btw).
      And I'm so GLAD you know that sandals and socks are a no-no...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Those patterns are EVERYTHING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG same!
      I love the styling. They have such a fantastic sense of color and pattern! Some of these combos would nave never occurred to me. Really.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I'm not smitten with this collection, looks cool, but to wear it, I would be fussing with everything all day. A first in a long while for me with them not to be smitten...but one thing they do I consistently love is their blazers. So I would wear any of them, and then put my own spin on them. And maybe with a square cut, with boots.

    Then I'll show on a Dave's door.!!!!!! Although he might enjoy me more in the boots and a jock strap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does look cool, but I can see what you mean.
      They do style their runways in a way that can be too precious sometimes. The pieces, though are fabulous. And you are right their tailoring in blazers is fantastic! I also LOVE their pants and jeans. Love them.
      And maybe we should go visit Dave in Central PA and give them all an eyeful??
      Oh, you know he'd enjoy boots and a jockstrap just fine...

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    1 hour ago
  • Revolución en marchas - [image: Venezuela: Dos marchas pacíficas, ¿y todo sigue igual? – SurySur] En enero de 2001 un capricho de Hugo Chávez propició la inauguración de las m...
    2 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    1 week ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.