Go back in time

Show more

- IDK SH!T


@Jordy pinged in my radar awhile ago with Long Distance and a cute video. But he kept reappearing and this weekend he was suddenly in the lineup for Lollapalooza! I was like: I know him! It took me a second, but yep. That was @Jordy. Yay for the Chicago gayz!



I think the idea of an openly queer singer/songwriter making it to LA Pride and then to Lolla totally makes sense in my fantasy. Love to see it.


Representation: it matters. And if we could relate to straight acts singing about straight love, why wouldn't straight people relate to a gay man singing about loving another man? What's more important, in this era of Don't Say Gay and too numerous to mention anti-gay legislation, having a gay man in a stage like Lolla is important. I wish when I was eighteen or twenty or thirty there was a gay man singing to another man in a big summer festival. 




I loved this last video, though. Because not everybody has their shit together, no matter how old they are. Yes, it's sometimes more apparent when we are in our late twenties (like Jordy) but I know plenty of men over fifty who have no fucking idea of what they are doing and do not really care if they don't know it. Oh, the Peter Pan syndrome is strong with some men. But is it, really?



What this song reminded me is that not everybody has their shit together and that's ok. Many of us juggle several parts of our life at the same time in a world that is constantly changing and that demands that we be adulting with the rest of them. But are they, indeed, adulting? Methinks probably not.

Does that make me, in particular feel better? Not really. But misery loves company. And knowing that it's not only me who does not have an Instagram ready life kind of gives me pause. Pause to make sure my feet are firmly on the ground and pause to give me time to breathe.

You do know some shit, Jordy.

XOXO


P.S. @Jordy's Dry Spell is a bop



Comments

  1. It certainly does make it easier for the not-yet-out queerlings to see "themselves" in the world. Times do change, and sometimes for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      Visibility is key. That's why the bigots do not want you saying 'gay'.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. so cute and talented guy! He got a new follower on IG.
    [#2 video: my dirty mind read DIRTY SPELL]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      OMG same, Xersex! I guess both our minds are very dirty!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Haven't heard of him or his music before so thanks for the intro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got into him awhile ago.
      Somebody sent me his video and when he came up in Lolla I was like, 'I know him!'

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard of him,either. We need a lot more of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do, right?
      I am always on the hunt for queer artists. Always.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Anonymous8/01/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    I love the songs. And he’s a local boy? Again, I agree with Bob, the youngsters (and us oldsters) need to know it’s ok not to have all of the answers. I’ve been faking it for years. 😎

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, from Chicago!
      Who knew? And we all have questions. Show me a man who thinks he's got it all under control and I'll show you a very unaware person.
      And I know some things that you do have the answer for...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. He's cute. The lyrics are interesting, but... his synthesized vocals make him sound like everybody else out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very cute and he writes his lyrics.
      And he sang live at Lolla. It's hard to fake anything in a stage like that...

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I'm sad to say I never heard of him. But is on my radar now handsome!!! The pulbic in general seems to enjoy its gay artist. It's the GQP that is taking isssue. Fuck em.

    And while at the Woods, they played Beyawcy's new song. While not a huge fan of Orville Peck, he lost some points with me by appearing in the video. Can't stand that woman. I feel he should keep his collaborations with other gay artist. Hence this nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!
      That was the idea. There's tons of queer artists that need to be spotlighted. And Orville collaborated with Bey? Whoa. Our boy is going places. As long as he gets exposure I think I'm good. And I'm with you. Beyoncé is cool and all but one song and I'm done.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Well this old man now has a crush on Jordy. Never heard of him before but is has the look and the talent. Thanks for giving him the exposure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Same! Isn't he cute? I'm all for that.
      And you're welcome!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. How very refreshing. Lots of positive energy flowing there. Good for him. Thanks for sharing. Peter Pan syndrome has killed many a relationship for me. It is a deal breaker. I have never lived in NeverNeverland and no matter how much you wish it, I know one thing - that shit will never fly with me. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his vibe!
      And the Peter Pan syndrome is real. And it can end relationships very quickly.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.