Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Erik


If Erik would only make some Cosmos for me and have gin handy, he could invite Maddie and I for some drinks and my week would immediately get better. For real. And I love his place. It's peaceful and stylish without being stuffy. Does that make sense to you? I love the sense of color he has and his placement of objects. It's a great combo of comfort, great storytelling and pieces that are interesting without being overwhelming. And the colors!! He says that devil is in the details and that has never been truer, if we take a look at his apartment.

He's been lucky enough to get an apartment that has not been touched by remodeling and that's fantastic. He also manages to create an ambiance in every room that's at the same time fun and inviting, which is something we don't see much in houses that are overly curated. His use of color and the light in the apartment are the first things that jump at you. The color definitely brings out the wood in the furniture and that sofa!

Also, after having seen his accessory closet, I feel like nobody can now tell me that I have too many clothes. Nope. It's useful, though and I love the organization, Marie Kondo be damned. And what about the customization of that hallway? Dusty lilac? Sign me up! And the bathroom with original tile and fixtures and sink and bathtub? Love. Same with the parlor! I'd have tea and cookies there. And you'd look PRETTY in that room!

And the kitchen (with some kitsch) is fantastic. Love the floor and the green accents. And I'm stealing the idea of a mirror above the stove because why the fuck not? And the bedroom gives us saturated colors in the accessories and neutral walls. Who knew? Personality but with a contemporary feel. Yes, please. Also, did you notice the gallery wall? Inspo!

And yes, that place has soul. You'd enter and immediately know who lives there. That's how our homes should feel. I could not agree more.

XOXO



Comments

  1. I literally had to turn off the sound to enjoy the video. He has that Kimmy K scratch voice, and ends nearly every sentence on an upnote like he's asking a question and that bugs the sh*t outta me.
    The apartment is nice, I love the old building style, and that's about all I got from this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurl, I can't take it either. It was time to turn the volume off, or have three more gins.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha
      It can be very Valley Girl, that's for sure. He's in California, so...
      The apartment is super cute and the building looks amazing. I love his style. And @Maddie, that may be why I suggested the gin? LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Bob's right on this one. The apartment is nice, now if only he'd finish a sentence rather than use commas to stretch out what he was saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it WAS about the apartment, no?
      And I'm used to the intonation. I know a lot of people who have it. It's a mannerism, just like a Southern drawl or a New York bark.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. HuntleyBiGuy8/16/2022

    The retro feel of this apartment is fantastic. The way he converted that closet to an accessory room is pretty genius, if you have that much to store (BTW you DO have too many clothes, or you need a bigger closet). I love the way he picked up on existing colors in the kitchen and bathroom (chocolate brown?!?!). The way he layered the artwork in the bedroom was pretty cool.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it.
      He keeps the integrity of the mood and brings his personality. I loved the colors, too. Kind of saturated but not obtrusive. And I Do have too many clothes LOL and I do need a bigger closet, natch.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. He is absolutely right that SOUL is the most important thing in a home! I love the accessory closet and the layered collage wall in the bedroom. The whole apartment is just very, very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed.
      And that's what he's imbued in his house. It's warm and very stylish. Very tricky combo to get. I loved that accessory closet too! Now I want one.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Ordinarily I don't like pastel-ish colors but they do work here. Except I was taken aback by the fact that he used his high school colors (yellow and green) which are also mine. But for me, that is a reason to assiduously avoid them at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?
      It may be because they are slightly saturated and don't stink to a baby's nursery. Especially that green. Loved it. And our high school colors can trigger slight PTSD, right??

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. You know I adored him!

    My favorite? The closet was amazing. I thought I was the only one to hang my hats in the closet? And as you know, I adore and have a few wall of mirrors here. Every home I have lived in has a wall of mirrors. That's why a clean in the nude. It ensures I clean the mirrors! I love a nice collage of mirrors are groupings of art. Surprisingly though, I have never had a mirror above me bed yet.

    I also like that he has a color for each room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both of you have the same profession?
      And doesn't everybody hand their hats in their closet? Where else?? And of course you'd have mirrors LOL. I've never seen one in a kitchen, though...
      The color-by-room is fantastic. It separates them visually and thematically. Love.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. The apartment itself is truly amazing. Love the layout. LOVE that skylight. Love the bathroom... so much fun. So many rooms! And he's managed to fill it all up with things he loves. Very fun. He's funny. Always amazed to meet someone who gets stuck on one thing... like his focus on accessories. I would love to learn more about his personal psychology - for that's developed, not inherent. Thanks for sharing. This one was fun. And a real person, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely.
      I really liked everything, from the entrance with the plants to the kitchen. The bathroom is sooooo fresh! I also liked how he's got some very simple but obviously deeply curated things laying around, spiced with personal touches. Lovely.
      And I'd LOVE to sit down with Erik and have loooong convos. If you join, it'd be a dream.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.