Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Martin.

 


I have to admit I got into Stranger Things even before I saw David Harbour in that uniform. After that, I was a true fan. You see, I'm very into fantasy and sci-fi.I love super heroes and weird tales of the impossible and fantastic. I used to love super heroes and their stories when I was a boy and still read fantasy and sci-fi and horror over most any kind of stories.

So when I discovered @furherdoodles I remembered why is it that I liked comics so much when I was a boy: the super heroes I saw there make sense with the fantasy I had of super heroes when I was growing up. Reinforcement learning is right! I think Martin draws superheroes and fantasy characters the way I had already imagined them. Fun. 



Captain America has always had the goodies.


Oh, yes. Bruce Banner can only dream.



I always used to put myself in the place of Louise or Mary Jane (heh) when I was reading comic books because I have always been aware of my attraction to men. Being the sidekick just didn't do it for me (sorry, Robin!) I didn't want bromance. I wanted Bruce Wayne to bang me (see Pattinson below), I did not want to hang out with him and go beat up bad boys.




I used to have tons and tons of comic books. My mom would get me one every week and I could not wait to read and re-read them over and over. I used to have them organized by number in my bedroom (I got my very own bedroom very early, so I kept all my 'treasures' there). I also used to exchange them and loan and borrow the ones I didn't have or already had with other kids in my block. There were four of us, who were heavily into reading and comics and we had our own little clique. It all ended after we turned eleven or twelve, though. They found other interests (girls) and I did too (boys). They're all married and with children, now, as far as I know. I wonder sometimes if they gave their children comic books.


Oh, Venom! @furherdoodles

@furherdoodles


So, were you into comics? You weren't? What did you read? I know, it sounds quaint now when kids run around with a mini-computer in their hands and play Uncharted  or Tunic, or Rainbow 6 Extraction or Elden Ring in their Playstations for hours on end (like Mr. Shife's kid) but back then, during the last century (it's been only 22 years, dearie...) kids used to read comics.


XOXO

P.S. Of course, @MartinFürer's goodies are on Twitter, @gumroad and his @patreon. Give him a follow if you feel like it.












P.P.S. Hope he doesn't mind I posted those here. But THIS is how I imagined my superheroes. 

Comments

  1. For some reason the Hulk looks pretty hot. Maybe I'm into green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Hey if you like green, you like green!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I've never had any interest in animated erotica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what you're telling us is that as a child you had access to animated erotica but never heard of DC or Marvel comics?
      Bet it was hard....

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8/29/2022

    Big says,
    My parents wouldn't allow us to buy things like baseball cards (Mickey Mantle just sold for $12.2M) or comic books (which can also fetch millions). Today, graphic novels are the thing - comic books with longer stories and not always comic. These super heroes? Well, my, my, my....don't Captain America and Thor have it going on? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow.
      And I cannot believe the prices some of those collector's items gather. Really.
      And I love graphic novels. Have gotten into them lately and I think they're super cool.
      And yes, THESE are my kind of super heroes. LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. When I was a kid, everyone read comics. They cost 12 cents per issue then. One comic was a quarter of my weekly allowance, though, so I had to buy them sparingly. But you're right, everyone held onto their comics like forever, and swapped and shared and read each other's. Finding a box of old comics in someone's attic or basement was like striking gold, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!
      We all read them! I was lucky enough that my mom would give me one a week and the ones I did not get I would trade or exchange or swap. So much fun.
      Once we found a huge bundle in the trash and we thought we were the luckiest kids in the world.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. HuntleyBiGuy8/29/2022

    Holy smokes, Batman! Those are some delicious offerings. I did enjoy a comic here and there. I was a fan of Spider Man, and Archie and the gang. Slightly older boys than I was, provided some very interesting thoughts (and dreams).

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      They're delicious indeed. I loved Archie! When it came on TV I was thrilled!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. We read comics all the time. Adored them. My Dad's best friend had a family of boys and they were very poor, but I loved going to their farm because the boys spent all their money on comic books. Stacks and stacks. From the moment I arrived until I left I lived in a fantasy world. My family could never afford all those comics, but these boys... that was their escape pod. Me? I wanted to be Wonder Woman. I was obsessed with 1970's era Wonder Woman. She wore a white catsuit and the invisible plane was sleek and beautiful, and her hair and she was so strong... it's a good thing sexual identity wasn't so fluid back then, or I would have declared myself a girl. Thanks for sharing these, Sixpence. They are really well done. I don't know anything about the Marvel Universe or The DC Universe, today... all those movies leave me cold. But the classic stuff... man. I adored those hours and hours of escapism. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG
      Stacks and stacks? Heaven.
      That's what we did when we got together: listen to music and read comics. I loved Wonder Woman, even though I did not get the feminist angle, I thought she was the coolest.
      And the Marvel and DC movies are very tied to the comics, I think that's why they have been so popular, I think.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. You had me at David Harbour. I was not into comics, but one of the kids I grew up with was really really into them. He categorized them and even kept them in plastic sleeves. I believe he still has them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      Oh, I would let him tap it with no qualms.
      I was that kid you grew up with, with the exception of the plastic sleeves. And if he still has them, some of them could be actually valuable.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I have never been into comics. The only type I even enjoyed were much later when the House of Moorecock came along And of course Tom of Finland. Now Pattinson probably wishes he were that hung, and I probably think Tom Hardy is that hung. And thanks to you showing us the amazing one of Chris Evans, I may have pulled out my own cock and polished it!!!!! Too much TMI?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I loved the House of Moorecock when it came out!
      And you know Tom of Finland is my go-to when I want an eyeful.
      Talking about eyefuls, I agree that Tom Hardy IS indeed hung. Wasn't there a naked selfie floating around some years ago?
      And Chris Evans' ass is a marvel in itself.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    1 day ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    5 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.