Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Daniel...!


The thing is, if you're gonna get a house in the South of France, it may as well be one like this, no? Daniel's house is not really run of the mill, but you get the idea. After having talked about houses that tend to be on the smaller side, it's good to move on to houses with a different floor plan. Of course in a house like this one, you'll try to keep as much of the XVII century features as possible (he's living in the lower floor, the upper floor is an independent apartment) after all, age is one of the selling points here.

He says that he's still working on the house, but I find it super charming as is. Really. I don't mind the ceilings or the walls. I quite like them as they are. The contrast of that sofa with the walls and the artwork is just darling. I find it interesting that he does like the Armani minimalist style but when choosing to decorate his house he goes for a warmer, maximalist style (did you hear about that door he's using as a table?). 

I do agree with him when it come with LED lights: nice in a ringlight, ghastly in a living room or bedroom. His bedroom, by the way, is actually cool. He said it's literally been recreated. I find that to be fascinating but really, I would need a LOT of patience. Living in an old house you do need a ton of patience. And be inventive, see for example, his bathroom. 

Oh, the courtyard. Love! I really like that kind of spaces (le salon vert, as he calls it) so cute. And what about the little tower? What? Yuri and Alfonso I'm sure approve of all this.

XOXO


P.S. today is VOTER REGISTRATION DAY

Comments

  1. This I like, mostly because of the location. I love the walls and the floors and the fireplaces and turrets and courtyards. I wonder if one of the apartments is for rent??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the location is abs fab.
      And those walls! The whole place screams CHARACTER!!
      And I was wondering about the 'apartment' too. He may. The house seems to be huge.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9/20/2022

    Big says,
    Love this place. Yes, i have always been fascinated with such places...maybe it's why Greece is a favorite place, and why I still need to tour Italy. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine?
      The history! The Character! The beauty. And Greece is fantastic. I have a friend who went there for study abroad and stayed. He married a hot, tan, hairy Greek and never looked back.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. The South of France = very expensive. I found it interesting that he called the ground floor the 'first floor.' I wonder if it was an old factory. I wasn't impressed with the tower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well. Yes.
      That and the Provence/ Côte d'Azur part. And most of Europe and Latin America count the first floor as ... the first floor. Then the second one. A two-floor house would have... two floors.
      And it may have been a factory. It's fairly large, he says.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9/20/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    This building is fantastic. The super high ceilings of course are to keep the interior cooler in the summer. The rustic feel is charming. I’d love to have you locked up in the tower 😎.

    I’m always fascinated by places where the windows are open in the summer without any screens. Don’t they get mosquitoes, flies, to other unwanted creatures flying in? Also I want to know how they ran electricity.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely?
      I also love that he has furnished it in a mix of styles and it showcases that rustic charm. They probably updated the building with electricity and running water a long time ago.
      And I know you'd like to have me in that tower. And bring ... treats.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Not to my taste at all. He can have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      Yes, it's a very specific style. I like it. I love all the space and the original floors and walls. Very old country.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. This Queen! OMG. I can't imagine living on that set. It's like a Hammer film come to life. Nope. Sorry. And he is a scream. I would love to have him come visit me so I can see his face priss up. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      I liked it! It's not cluttered and it has a ton of space. Even for the doggies!
      Can you imagine a Kiki with him? Oh, I'd bring drinks.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Cripes!!!! I have just been able to get on your blog and comment!!!!! A day without you just doesn't feel right. I love this place. If I could find my next place to have this feel and atheistic on a smaller scale, I would be overjoyed!!!! I love the feel of the walls and their textures. And that dark green high gloss tile in the bath is TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I agree....I don't like when a house has to be high ploish and perfect. Give me a few cracks and worn feel here and there. It's life, and character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh babes.
      Blogger has been a PAIN!
      And I also love this place. I'd decorate it differently, but the essence? I'd leave intact. The bathroom IS dreamy. Very Dario Argento.
      I like places that have been manhandled a little...

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Looks lovely and I think I could be happy there. Maybe this is why I took two years of French in high school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      Your French teacher was right: this is why you needed to learn to conjugate all those verbs!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. a house in perfect 17th century style! it's like living in a historical movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, kinda!
      I love the modern touches but the essence is there.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.