Go back in time

Show more

The Walk In



Mo Heart visits Orville Peck, the mystery man himself, and gets the scoop on his iconic masks, his experience being featured on Euphoria with “Dead of Night,” and more. Orville Peck was destined for stardom from the start, and always had an eye for style. His philosophy on art and music is what led him to his iconic looks, which he describes as an “artistic, blowup version of who he is.” From Dior-Ville at the 2020 GRAMMYs, Ivy Park, and even custom jackets by THE Christian Cowan…Orville Peck has got the eye for fashion. 

That's the description YouTube gives of Monique Heart (of RPDR fame) talking to Orville Peck (swoon) and a short tour of his stage costumes. Synergy, am I right? I love how they go over his costumes and they talk about them. Performers need to be larger than life and those costumes really help. I believe everybody wears a costume, that's for sure. Some wear costumes that are much more beautiful an elaborated than others but a costume is a costume. Some people dress up as everyman, some as Orville Peck. Really. And talking about Orville, he came (heh) on the cover of one of my OUT magazines. Oh, yes, I still subscribe to @OUT. Quaint, right? when was the last time you actually subscribed to a magazine? But I put my money where my mouth is (most times) and I support LGBTQ media. Bonus? I get a magazine with Orville Peck on the cover:





There's a super cool interview with him inside the magazine and I loved this quote: 

“The concepts of authenticity and theatricality are not mutually exclusive,” he says. “I actually think of them more as a crossroads — an intersection, I suppose, that I think really interesting art can get made out of.” Playing with a heightened visual presentation, his signature fringe mask included, allows Peck to “get away with being more authentic in my songwriting” than he’d be without it. “It allows me to have both sincerity and the imagination at the same time, and I think that that is my favorite kind of art. It includes both those things, and I don’t think that either sort of minimizes the other. I think, actually, they help enrich each other.”

Being theatrical does not exclude being authentic. It's just a blowup version of ourselves, dahhleenks.

XOXO

P.S. he was recreating this iconic Dolly @OUT cover from *gasp* 1997:


I approve.

Comments

  1. I'm so curious to see the mysterious man behind the mask. I'm sure he is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he's adorable. There's pics online of him without the mask. I like him with the mask, though...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I need a reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha
      I need him to take his pants off!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9/02/2022

    Big says,
    I sincerely hope the day comes when he realizes he doesn't need the masks. He's got talent. Until then, may he rock the world in whatever way makes him comfortable. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think he knows.
      He likes the mask, though. And I do too. The whole Zorro/Lone Ranger thing gets me started.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Simply adore the man. I want him to sing lull-a-byes to me every night as I fall asleep. Of course, that would be after I make him 'sing!' I do have my way with an instrument. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG can you imagine that voice in your ear? In bed?
      I would NOT fall asleep.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Just Google him if you want to see what he actually looks like. Before this persona, he was in an alternative music band. He's thin, and has lots of tats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Dave.
      You're so quaint. I know how he looks like. I know how his dick looks like. I know how good he is in bed. THAT is part of the allure...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Love the video, love that Dolly-cheesecake-inspired cover photo, FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not believe the awesome costumes!
      And I love his sense of humor. The cover was perfect, right??
      He gets his references.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I would like to see who is behind the mask. I agree with you, we all wear a costume. The way I dress for work, is different from the way I dress for an outing with friends. And the way I hold myself in different situations is also a costume of sorts right? Theatrical if you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, JM
      There's pics of him online without the mask. He's handsome and has the pretties eyes!
      We are all born naked, the rest is drag.
      Some of the people who know me from work cannot recognize me sometimes if the see me in my civilian clothes, either. We all play a part.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I still don't grasp him. And I probably never will. I don't know he'll ever be seen out of the mask and make it known. Just like Lady Bunny will NEVER be seen out of drag.

    Even though she looks like Jeff Daniels. But you didn't hear that from me, lol!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's an acquired taste.
      It's also country, so there's that. I don't think he'll take the mask off when he's performing. It's part of his schtick.
      HAHAHAH omg the Lady Bunny mystique. Some people swear they have seen her out of drag. And the Jeff Daniels comparison may be right on!!

      LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. You would think after a majority of us having to wear or still wear masks for more than two years, he would want to try a new persona but that is just me and I am sure he could care less about my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Mr Shife, he's covering the upper part of the face, so that changes it a little. It's more Zorro than Surgeon.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Anonymous9/04/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    He is talented and I believe there are pics out there of more than just his naked face. I agree with you, he could get it anytime, and thrice on Sunday.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he is.
      And yes, there's pics out there that make me more of fan. Oh yes.
      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.