Go back in time

Show more

Misadventures and Mischief


When actor Leslie Jordan learned he had gone viral, he had no idea what that meant. Now, in “How Ya’ll Doing?,” he recounts how his life has changed and does what he does best: tell stories that make us laugh. For this program, Jordan will be in conversation with the actor who played his mortal enemy on the original “Will and Grace,” Megan Mullally.

I think the first time I saw Leslie Jordan was in Sordid Lives, a raucous little movie directed by Del Shores and I thought that his Brother Boy character was gold. Then he started teasing Karen on Will and Grace and I could not wait to see him getting salty with Karen at every turn. His character was so absolutely outrageous that I would crack up just watching him walk into a scene and chew everything in sight, helped of course, by Megan Mullally. So much fun.

I was one of the people who bought his "My Trip Down the Pink Carpet" book and found it hilarious. What I did not know is that Leslie had written four books and been in several plays and had been in more than a hundred movies and tv programs until his death this past October 24. That sneaky little bitch! I love that he was everywhere (so many movies! and I LOVED him in AHS) and we didn't even notice. His wit and presence will be forever missed. 

And that's all. I hope you watched the video and enjoyed his fantastic presence. I love listening to him tell stories, such a joy. I'll miss you, Leslie.

XOXO

P.S. I'm reading his last book right now. So good. I got it at my trusty Public Library. You should, too.





BTW, Leslie in the seventies and eighties? Hot. 



Comments

  1. Sordid Lives! I remember that. Hisa sense of downhome humor was extremely contagious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG it is such a funny movie!
      it is indeed queer Southern humor. Also, it had Delta Burke and Olivia Newton-John. Fab.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. so sexy '70 & '80. Absolutely manly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      He was kind of the pint-size clone.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11/07/2022

    He was the quintessential character actor - he jumped into a role with both feet and wasn't afraid of foolish he looked. That's what made him stand out. Everything he did he touched with gold. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely.
      And that's what made him so memorable. He'd go ahead and chew the scenery if it was a walk-in role of if it was a supporting role. OMG he was so funny!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11/07/2022

    After his work faded on Will and Grace, he toured a one man show. I think it was called "Life on the Pink Carpet".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh he did?
      I know he did American Horror Story and was in a sitcom right until the end. I would have LOVED to see him do stand up/one man show.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11/07/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    The video is great. The stories they tell are sweet and so funny. His southern wit is spot on. The stories about his southern parents and his military father searching high and low for the bridal doll for his 3 year old son is so heartwarming, especially given the time period.

    The world is a little better for having have had him in it.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?
      They're both fantastic storytellers. And Leslie would imbue everything with that Southern mischief he literally mastered. And that story alone is worth the video, no?
      He leaves a great legacy.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Adored. I especially loved him on will and Grace. He and Megan we're so comical together and it sort of reminded me of the relationship I have with a frenemy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.
      He had the most fantastic timing. And him and Megan had the perfect interaction going. Come to think of it, yep, perfect frenemies! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. What a little cutie. He was a pony boy! Sigh. I adore the man. Will get the book. He was so charming and lit up any show he appeared on. I saw him in the series Sordid Lives... which is much better than the movie. But his crowing achievement remains Southern Baptist Sissies. He and Dale Dickey steal that film and really are the reason to watch. Their scenes are brilliant. And he will break your heart. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was!
      And the book is absolutely worth reading. His wit and humor was what made him stand out in any space he shared with other actors. And there's a series?? Going to find those right away! The movie was a hoot.
      Will also hunt down Southern Baptist Sissies (oh, that name!). And he already did, Upton, by dying.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.