Go back in time

Show more

Using Fear to Reshape America


This is the 'new' America. An America that's scared to death of... something? An America that is easily manipulated with half truths and big lies. An America that is back to the times when the Red Scare was a thing. An America where Rethuglyclowns think they are entitled to everything they want with absolute disrespect to the rights and needs of others. Everybody is saying that the Mid-Terms are going to be a test drive to the presidential election. And that's probably true. And that's very ugly.

I am sitting here, fingers crossed. Hoping people do show up to the polls today and give the Dems the advantage we need. Everything from reproductive rights to gay marriage to the environment is at stake. Freedoms that some many take for granted (or took, when it comes to reproductive rights) will go away if the Repugs win. Also the soul of America. And many things people consider a done deal will go to hell.



Because if the Repugs regain power, we're fucked. And not the good way. For the conservative mind, fear and loathing of others is a common denominator: they are afraid they won't be able to discriminate based on what they think is right, they are afraid of those who do not look like them, they are afraid that their way of life is in danger. And by 'way of life' I mean the idea that one race is better than any other, that being white, cisgender and xtianist is the rule. They are afraid the 'others' they loathe will be able to fight back. The conservatives' only thoughts are fear and loathing. Every single flyer and fake neighborhood bulletin we have gotten is full of scary headlines about safety, jail bails, the police and standing up to *extremists on both parties*. Bullshit. The Repugs ARE the extremists: 


So it's not 'both parties' and it's not like the Dems are not doing anything. They are, but the fucking Repugs get on the way all the time. I hope everybody votes Blue today. And by everybody I mean the ones ‘on the fence’ or ‘undecided’. The last time they sat one out, we got Mango Mussolini. So there’s that.




XOXO

Comments

  1. There are people who have died in battles to guarantee the right to vote for all. Only this thought of respect should push you to vote without any hesitation, but rather with joy and with the awareness of exercising your right and contributing to the political life of your nation. If you don't even make the effort to vote, then you don't have the right to complain. Obviously this thought applies to every nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choose the correct path, Americans! Fear not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only rights Republicans want, are the rights to tell you to shut up, and to do what they want. Voted Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly my issue with many new stations praying on fear, and politicians on both sides using issues a re-election to get votes, but then never follow through on set issues or solutions to them. They use fears to get votes. I wish politicians in general but just do what they say they're going to do and work for us the people. After all we're the ones that employ them. I too am going to be on pins and needles till Wednesday morning. Six, is there something we can do to distract ourselves?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hon, that's all they have... fear, lies, and money. Destroy the GOP. And let's change tv advertising. It is utter nonsense, these ads. BTW - your story today that you left on my blog. OMG. Had me wishing I was you YET AGAIN! Damn. That be fine stuff. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still on pins and needles. Watching some of the race results around the country and seeing Republicans want them is very upsetting.Well, the two big ticket positions are still being counted, unfortunately two of the seats that I voted for and helped went down. Sharmaine Daniels, and Sara Agerton both loss the race. I really wanted to see Sharmaine hand Perry his head on the plate, but of course now he can continue kissing Trump's ass. I think his lips would be sore by now. And if all these races get won heavily Republican, my money is on Trump is going to run again. I think that was the plan all along to see how the midterms went, and then if he wins all bets on him being locked up will be off again, and then he will walk permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11/09/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    As I sit here on Wednesday morning having worked at the polls all day Tuesday, I’m heartbroken. The Dems have lost practically all of their high profile races and the Georgia senate race is too close to call.

    US democracy appears to be a failed experiment. 😢

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Huntley. I know many dems not happy with Biden in and out of politics. The ones out of politics, I couldn't get them to vote. I said How is that helping anything...Biden is even on the ticket? So frustrating. I need a gin and tonic. I will say when Dems get fed up, they simply won't vote, which hurts everyone.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11/09/2022

    Big says,
    Well, I tried to comment yesterday. Blogger did not want to cooperate. So, here I am...looking to salve my hurt and wondering where to direct my anger at the results. The women and the young folks appear to have failed us and themselves.
    As Huntley says, it looks like this democratic republic is a failed experiment. 😢
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.