Go back in time

Show more

I'll show you mine. Again.


So yeah. this was kind of the video I watched before dipping my toe in the holiday madness fuckery. Drew always has tons of great ideas and makes it all seem very simple. I should know better. Because you totally know that nothing looks as good as it looks when someone styles it for a video. But here we go.


This is as close to a xmas tree as I get. These are the boxes where I keep my sewing gear in. Somebody gave them to me years ago with assorted chocolates and pretzels. The green box is stuffed with 45s. The Swing records I got from the manfriend. They came from an estate sale and are actually pretty cool.



Everybody seems to style their fireplace for the holidays. I never use mine, so I decided to hang these stars there. I've had them for awhile because I got them at the As Is section in Ikea awhile ago. I was planning on using them as lamp shades and never did. The little heart garland thingy is from Ikea too. I'm gonna leave them there until February, because why not? Also, I'm plotting on getting some battery operated string lights and stuff them in the stars. Also, because why not?


Ah! I like this centerpiece. Everybody's got one of these. It should be in seven thousand homes and I don't care. All I did was go out and get some pine cones and put them here with some string lights. Literally, that's all I did. I think this centerpiece is my only nod to seasonal holidays. During the Fall, I usually put here gourds. They last forever. In the Summer, I'm going to put here my seashell collection.


I love sock monkeys. This little guy I've had for YEARS. He came in a little sock monkey mug that somebody gave me with gourmet chocolate. The dry flowers came from the garden. As in literally from the garden. The candle is from a set of four I've had for years. The box was an actual gift from a coworker from years ago. I just realized that I did not really had to buy a ton of stuff for this xmas madness project.



Ah, yes. These red flowers were part of a flower arrangement. I literally stuffed them here and put little lights around them. The candle was supposed to be red, but I like the smell of these. Vanilla is one of my fav scents. Also, I liked the idea of having the candle next to my mum's photo because why not. The box is where I keep stamps.



Yes, he's a leather daddy. Yes, he's a glass ornament. Yes, you could send me a real one as a xmas gift. No wrapping necessary because I'd wear him right away. 



This is the other side of the bookcase. The garland thingy is actually branches of an old xmas tree. The lights used to be in the kitchen but a whole section decided to stop working. I folded the string and put it here. The rubber ducky I got in a bar many years ago. The little guy in the red checkered shirt came from Alaska with me. The gnome? Ikea. Also, here's where I put the xmas cards I get. This year I've gotten around eight already. I sent out about a ten (I tend to only send cards to the people who sent me cards the previous year, natch). I sometimes send three or four right before xmas because I get some surprise late arrivals. I send non-denominational holiday greetings and they are kind of valid until next year because not all my friends are xtians. So there's that.



I tried to give you the whole guacamole here. It's a Panorama photo so it's a little distorted but you get the idea. There's red candles all over and I went nuts with the little fairy lights but I kind of like it. I spend a lot of time in this 'room', bingeing tv shows, listening to music and reading. The 'bar' is literally a sewing machine with a tray and bottles on top. With string lights added for effect. I'm so very into the whole string lights thing, honey...


Ah, yes. these little tin boxes happened to be upstairs. They came with cookies or something. I stole them and now they're sitting on that Lack table with another of those vanilla candles. I decided to put candles everywhere and I'm loving it. I may keep that going after the holidays.



If I remember well, this little guy came from Ikea. Something, something, xmas. More candles, this time this little votive. Also, I thought I had gotten it in the photo, but I did not and now is too late: the flowers in the vase have little straw ornaments, modeled after the little figure. I'm not Swedish but I you know I love Ikea and sustainable stuff. They're also strung on red thread. They are cute but I did not catch them in the picture and I'm too lazy to take another one now. 

So that's the holidayz Chez Sixpence. I kind of like the warm effect the candles and the red details and the string lights have. I may put all this in a box and just take out again next year. Who knew? I may not be as Grinch-y as I thought I was...

XOXO

P.S. now I'm going to need YOU, Constant Reader, to give us a tour of YOUR holiday madness. Tit for Tat, no?

























Comments

  1. No holiday nothing in my dungeon, darling. I adore all the little touches throughout your crib, though. Very thoughtful. And you do have the flair. Thanks for sharing. You're truly gifted. Enjoy the holidays. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Upton!
      I decided to do a holiday 'infusion'. What I like best is the red candles. Will keep up with those.
      And you should get lights or something not holiday-exclusive for your space. We are in our spaces for a LARGE amount of time. And the prettier they are, the better...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. nice decorations, but ... how much cute he is! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Yes, Drew is adorable. You should follow his insta.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Here it is: https://www.instagram.com/lonefoxhome/ and now I'm fololowing him there

      Delete
  3. I'll feature mine next week...so stay tuned. You know I love your place and always enjoyed the tours. Why haven't we seen you naked on the bed yet is beyond me? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

    I have said often one does not need to buy much or even if anything. You can go into the woods, and get different pines, winterberries and pinecones and just decorate with them and lights and candles...and voila!!!! I think natural elements are the best Christmas decorating idea and they can go past the holiday as winter trim. My favorite thing you did was the fireplace with the hearts and stars. I have one of the stars and never used it. I should send it to you. And I spied the picture of your mother with the flowers. I'm not so much in love with Christmas as my favorite holiday but can't understand the not decorating. With just candles and natural elements, I find it adds such warmth and coziness to any home. Now I need to take a drink with you there dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12/16/2022

      HuntleyBiGuy:
      You mean he didn’t share his Only Fans with you?

      Delete
    2. Yay!
      I'm really looking forward to what you've done this year. And I love 'natural' stuff during the holidays. I think the feel of things that are upcycled or recycled is so much more... organic?? And I really like those hearts and stars and the branch has fairy lights! I may leave that up until Spring! LOL
      Yes, my mom was there with the flowers. She's always somewhere in my space....
      And babes, I will have to have someone over to take the pics of me naked on the bed. Sadly, Huntley is not around anymore. Bet he'd offer...

      XOXO

      Delete
    3. Huntley.....get yo ass over there and take pics!!!! He gives me his Only Fans and Ill share the Twitter of mine the Lad set up!!!!! You might need goggles.

      And yes, I did adore your place Six. It feels very comfy. Do you still have all your plants? I should have gotten your address to add you to my card list!

      Delete
    4. Anonymous12/16/2022

      HuntleyBiGuy:
      🏎️ On my way!

      Delete
    5. LMAOOO
      You goofs.
      And yes, Mads. I still have all the plants!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I love all your vignettes around the room; very peaceful. Perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks, Bob!
      I'm kind of into the whole thing now. And the room does feel fab in the evening. I am loving the little lights and the candles, especially.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I think your Christmas decorations are wonderful and creative! I particularly like your "tree," the stars and hearts on your fireplace and the centrepiece you made with pine cones and little lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww
      Thanks Debra! I love you approve!
      The 'tree' had to be installed because I had no idea what to do with the boxes LOL.
      And the cones will get an injection of glitter over the weekend. One of my friend's children promised she'd give me some.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12/16/2022

    Big says,
    Oh, lordy! Love the case for the 45s - and don't think I missed that glimpse of the turntable. Fairy lights - yep. Got those in several places around the house. They're strung through a Norfolk Pine in the front foyer. But, you do a beautiful job there in your basemen --- er, garden apartment. Love it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Yes! That's one of the cases for my 45s. I love 45s, even though some people think it's a nuisance to get up and change them. And lights in a tree? Love!
      Haha yes, garden apartment. Thanks, babes.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Very nice! The only thing I'm putting out this year is my nut bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, Dave.
      I hope you approve of the non-white walls!
      We're gonna need pics of that bowl, then. Bet your nuts look good.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Dave, I have heard all about your nuts bowl.I gather you have a hefty set!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. You know his nuts are probably the best in all of PA.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Anonymous12/16/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    I love what you’ve done with your space. And much of it can stay up through the winter since none of it really screams Christmas. I took a day to haul out all of the Christmas stuff and put up the tree, which also entailed moving some furniture. All of that got done after the Christmas baking, which took precedence this year. I normally do the Christmas decorations Thanksgiving weekend, but got side tracked with other things.

    Now, let’s talk about that bar. I don’t remember you having anything like that in your last place. You’re not becoming a “friend of Bill,” are you? 😎

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babes,
      It's basically the same space I had in the apartment, only thing is I don't have that huge balcony window anymore. And you need to send me a pic of the tree! As for the bar, nope, that's a new invention. People brought me some very pretty wine bottles when they came for a housewarming and I had no idea what to do with them, hence the string lights and the 'bar'.
      I do wanna try that Kahlúa, though...

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. No holiday stuff here...not totaly true. I have a little wooden christmas tree my mother made sitting on a table in the corner and I put a wreath on my door that has glass balls and bells that jingle when I open or close the door. Too lazy to take any pictures, maybe tomorrow, my favorite excuse. Have a happy holiday and thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww
      See? That's exactly my idea. Just one touch and voilà, it's the holidays.
      And you should post the pics! Just because.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Love "because why not"! It's true, "why not"? Love Ikea. 75 percent of my furniture is from Ikea. I got a pop-up tree from Amazon. It smooshes down to fit in a small box--smaller than a shoe box. It's perfect for my living space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOO
      You know that's exactly my motto. And same about IKEA most of this stuff came from there.
      And a pop-up holiday is the best kind.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    6 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    1 week ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.