Go back in time

Show more

Dear Troll...




 Dear Troll:

I’m calling you “Troll” because that’s what you are. As defined by Urban Dictionary, a “Troll” is "Someone who deliberately pisses people off online to get a reaction.” Based on our brief interaction(s), that sounds like you. Yes, you. You know who you are.

I won’t bring up who I think you are because I’m a blogger, not a drama mongerer (LOL I am) and because what you do does not really matter. Did you know that? Most of the people on Blogger has had one of their posts flagged at one point or another. And judging by the frequency with which you keep flagging up my posts, it seems you do have a ton of free time in your hands. Maybe a good job would come handy? A constructive hobby? Edibles?

Now, first off, thank you for showing me how much I’ve grown. You've gone as far back flagging posts as very few readers have gone on this blog lately. I have had to read the posts you've flagged to see what it it that you've found offensive. Nothing. They're just musings I've written at a specific time in my life. You also made me realize how little I care about the haters at this stage. I have developed a somehow thick skin when it comes to online interactions: there was a point in time where I would have given more weight to the hate than the love I’ve cultivated for myself here but that was a long time ago. Now, I know that I can’t please everyone. So I’ll keep writing my posts as I please and'll pay heed to those who encourage me to do so. Thanks again for the reminder, though. Sometimes I forget how far I’ve come until something like you flagging my posts here forces me to acknowledge that someone actually goes around reading them.

Second, You and many like you have taught me that I can’t please everyone — even if I were to spread myself dangerously thin (not something I'd really want to do). I was confused when the first innocuous post was flagged as something hateful/inappropriate. It did not make sense to me. But this is the internet, so I should have known better. You seem to go around flagging posts just because. But thank you for doing it: it made me read the comments left there and there was one left by dear Anne Marie. Actually, reading her hilarious response to that post is what made me adapt this letter. Just for you. Aren't you important, now? Oh, that was rhetorical, in case you didn't know. 

If you don't like my posts, well, too bad. You don't have to read them. I don't write them for you, in particular. Your random and funny (if they were not equally annoying) selections probably have the poor rubes at Google scratching their heads. Those last ones you flagged? They're back up. Your trolling is as limited as your intellect, I'm afraid. You cannot really find anything here that could violate those terms of service, right? But you're giving someone in Google a job. Silver lining.

I wondered if you are somebody who is trying to track me down and/or take me down. But that would give you an actual face or personality. I think that most probably you are just a poor sap with no friends, a horrible job, an untreated mental illness and more issues than Cosmopolitan. If I were you, probably the only escape I'd have from a terrible, horrible, no good life is to troll Blogger. So more power to you for coping with an unbearable situation by being a really bad version of a person online.

I use writing as catharsis. Don’t flatter yourself by thinking my blog could be about you or what you think. None of my posts are about other people, even if other people are mentioned. They are about me. I write about my history and my likes and dislikes because I know I’m not alone in my trials and triumphs. I know how dark and damp it feels to keep one’s story a secret, so I air some of my dirty laundry online for people to see. Because it's good catharsis. You should try it. It's better than Lexapro.

So, at the end of the day, thanks for bringing Anne Marie back to my mind. It made me remember how much I miss her. I miss her no-prisoners-taken attitude, her hatred for neo-nazis and incels, her filthy mouth and her fabulous personality. I will forever feel sorry I never followed my first impulse when we started talking, which was to take a Road Trip to go meet her and Maddie in PA. So in the spirit of dear Anne Marie: fuck you, troll. 


Sincerely,

Sixpence.


XOXO


P.S. This letter is not originally mine. I cut/pasted/borrowed/adapted it from @mayastrong, an intersectional feminist, everyday activist and out/proud enby queer who wrote it for a specific troll. If you want to read the original letter (well worth a read) please go to An Open Letter to My Troll on the Internet.


Comments

  1. Oh, the poor thing. This poor creature, their equilibrium must be off. Maybe they don't know love? Oh, l'amour, l'amour, how it can let you down. How it can pick you up again. Maybe they just need to find love and kindness Six? I could never figure out the energy these individua's use to torment. If I don't like a page or share views, I simply make tracks and don't read. Hint hint hint .

    Now dear come sit by me and let me massage your tense spots.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they are OFF!
      This troll is just off their meds, for real. And if they were to use that energy to jack off, they'd be exhausted.
      And you know how you giving me a massage would end, dear! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I know John Gray has begun moderating his comments because of trolls; I've done that for a while. However, as far as I know, I've never been flagged. Perhaps you should think of it as as merit badge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!
      I know John has had some trolls in the past, but really! And these fuckers have flagged posts all the way back to 2018! Ugh.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Dear Troll, you dickhead! Try to get a life. But I think it's an activity beyond your mental possibilities. So I just hope your computer breaks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2/13/2023

      HuntleyBiGuy:
      Well I have to do something for entertainment 😎

      But seriously, the people who do this are scum. Of course they haven’t read a word of what you’ve written and couldn’t put two words together to form a coherent thought.

      But I’m glad there was a silver lining for you, in reclaiming some of the joy of the past. Keep writing, babe. We love what you do.

      XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

      Delete
    2. Oh, Xersex!
      A man after my own heart! You tell 'em! LOL
      And yes, they're scum. ugh.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Some people need to get a life. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful reply to all the trolls in the world. Zeus forbid they should ever discover my blog. Nothing there to flag but it is sort of my confessional and they might just not like what they read. Keep doing what you do so well. If I ever have a nasty comment to make I will just send it by email and sign it with my name followed by what your reply would be...Just Fuck Off, who asked for you opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh, thnx Babes.
      And you know I'll keep posting ish no matter what. And that's the perfect reply! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous2/13/2023

    Big says,
    Fuckin' trolls.... They get a perverse pleasure out of tormenting others. I can imagine that's what happened the last time my blog was taken down. You and mayastrong are right, they're probably an incel, sitting alone and hating the world. I take enormous pleasure in knowing that one day they will fuck with the wrong blog - you know, screw with someone who knows how to track down an asshat.
    You keep doing you, Six. We Constant Readers love you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo annoying!
      They are most probably idiots sitting in their tiny rooms hating everybody and everything. Ugh.
      And you know I love you all, Big!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Yeah, I got flagged over a fucking Birthday cake!

    TBH,...I Troll random Russian men on Twitter (using Google translate) offering blow jobs. It drives them nuts! Fuck Putin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait what??
      It's incredibly annoying that they can flag you just because. I hope they get banned for flagging stupid shit.
      And I love the trolling of the Ruskis!! LMAOOO

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Huh. My post got flagged this morning, too. I had to remove all the links in it and then they approved it, no problem. As for trolls? Well, everybody needs a hobby. And if that's the best they can do, honey? Well, pity them. Because their lives must really suck. You. You do you. Stay as is. We love our bright and bouncy boy who brings us all the good stuff wrapped up in his own personal POV. Do you know when my trolls went away? When I stopped feeding them. Nothing destroys their sense of purpose more than being ignored. If you don't engage? They get bored and go away. Hope you're having a better Monday. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?
      I'm telling you, it's just plain stupid. And their lives MUST really suck, really. You know I'll keep on keeping with this blog thingy here.
      Hahaha and I love you all back, Upton!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Anonymous2/17/2023

    Ladran, Sancho, ¡señal de que cabalgamos!
    Y una folclórica española (la Pantoja, ¡cómo no!, le dijo a alguno de esos reporteros cojoneros (léase en tono "La Costeña"): "Niña, ¿por qué no se compra una vida propia?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    20 hours ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    3 days ago
  • Revolución en marchas - [image: Venezuela: Dos marchas pacíficas, ¿y todo sigue igual? – SurySur] En enero de 2001 un capricho de Hugo Chávez propició la inauguración de las m...
    5 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.