Go back in time

Show more

Bloggerpalooza Deux (Trois?)

 




I stole this from Lurkie:

While this blog is still around, there’s one thing I wanted to write about. It’s kind of dumb, but I am writing it anyways. I will try to keep the main point short.

In March 2013 (ten years ago now!) Ron in Delaware and Cubby hosted a blogger get-together eventually dubbed Bloggerpalooza. In March of 2014 there was a second event, and then Ron retired from organizing them. It seems that most of the bloggers involved enjoyed these events, and ever since then there have been occasional murmurs about doing something again, but it has never happened. (That’s not quite true: some bloggers meet from time to time at Palm Springs, which might count.

Similarly, since Anne Marie in Philly died there have been murmurs about people getting together to drink gin and commemorate her and Todd. As far as I know, this has never happened.

I am here to tell you that if you are serious about these murmurings then somebody has to commit to making it happen. Maddie excepted, none of us are getting any younger, and eventually people get too frail to travel. Sometimes people die. Sometimes people move too far away to make in-person events feasible.

I am one of those murmuring about getting together. For the longest time I have thought about a mini-road trip to go meet with some fellow bloggers. When dear Anne Marie was here, I was *this* close to go see her (and Maddie) and go pick up the hat and scarf she had knitted for me. Sadly, it never happened. First COVID hit and then Anne Marie passed away and that got scrapped.

But I think it would be a fun thing to do. The logistics, though, could be tricky. In Lurkie's post I suggested a group of people sharing responsibilities (in one of the past Bloggerpaloozas there were swag bags!!) because not everybody has the time or experience to plan something like this. I also suggested one or more meetings in different places, sprinkled throughout the year. Lurkie, of course, started the brouhaha but said he would not go. I think him coming should be one of the requirements for any event taking place, but that's just me. For more fab details about the previous Bloggerpaloozas, head to Lurkie's blog. He did a ton of research and I think it would be totally worth trying. 

So what say you? Up for a road trip?

XOXO

P.S. this is of course, open to the other lurkers, too. Yes, you. Those (more than forty!) who follow this blog and never comment. You know who you are... *smooches*


Comments

  1. That would be nice, but personal logistics might be extremely difficult for some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely.
      What I'm thinking is that it could be held closer to those who cannot travel long distances? That's why moving it around would be helpful...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4/17/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Given everything that has happened over the past few years, I think the bloggers should definitely make an effort to get together. You’re not getting younger, but are definitely getting better looking. 😎

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would do the trip.
      And I will make it even if I have to rent a hooveround.
      LMAOOO

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Yes, but you must all fly here to Edmonton in the Canadian north! What, no takers? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA
      Oh it would be the perfect excuse to visit the North!!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I would love something like that but would most likely not be able to attend. Travel, hotel cost, all that sort of thing. Plus living in barrren West Texas presents it's own challenges. But I would be there in spirit and would expect pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I would make an exception for you and visit Texas!
      Also, it could be held in New Mexico? Don't worry. We'll figure it out.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I took a look https://oldlurker974.wordpress.com/2023/04/13/bloggerpalooza/ and it's so interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he's a great writer.
      And for this one, he did a ton of research!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Big says,
    It does sound like fun. Especially if you and Huntley and Maddie were there. Travel has become very difficult for me; Muscular Dystrophy has taken its toll. But you all know I'd be wanting to hear all about it --- though I'd be jealous as hell. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If those three got together, I'm not sure we would be seeing pictures from that event! But I would definitely request private pictures.😈😈😈

      Delete
    2. O.K. Here's the deal. If I win the Texas Lottery tonight you all pick the place and I will rent and entire hotel and charter a bunch of private planes to get everyone there and back home again. Like I am going to win (hahaha).

      Delete
    3. I'm shocked . What trouble could the three of us possibly get into?

      Delete
    4. Hahaha
      You know Huntley would have one hand on my ass and another on Maddie's! LOL
      And we could set tent near you. I've always wanted to make a road trip to Cali.
      @J: Oh can you IMAGINE?
      @Maddie: the nerve! We are absolutely innocent.

      XOXO

      Delete
    5. Anonymous4/18/2023

      I suffer from “Roman” hands. I just can’t control them 😎

      Delete
    6. Big says,
      Oh, come on, Mads.... We know you! And it would be good trouble. It would be ***damn good*** trouble! And I'd love to be there for it!!! XOXO

      Delete
    7. Hahaha
      You all are too much!
      That's why I like you.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I imagine trying to wrangle such a diverse group from all over the world might be trying, but what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Oh, it would be so much fun! Also, People would just drop by. It could be done just giving some dates and a place and whomever shows up, gets to celebrate and Ki-ki.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Oh how fun would that be. I'm thinking about logistics and travel and expense. But I would love to meet anyone in person. Anyone coming to Columbus should let me know. I would love to meet for lunch, coffee or dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a blast!
      And I'll make sure to let you know if I go to Ohio! We usually stay in Cleveland and Akron, but a detour through C-bus would be awesome!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I had no idea you were this close to coming. I mean to visit us!!!!! I didn't know till Anne Marie told me!!!!! I would have hugged you hard before passing out with excitement. I have never been to any big blogger event except for the two my friend had in NYC Dust Bunny Weekend...and I had only just started blogging at that point. It was great fun meeting everyone from all over the county. But I have met many bloggers and readers in person more in "smaller batches". It would be a blast in this community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely.
      We were ready to commit when COVID hit. Ugh. It would have been so MUCH FUN! And smaller batches could be super fun, too! It could be a West-coast/ East-coast kind of affair? Can you imagine?

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Sign me up. I have dreams of photos taken. I would love to finally meet every one. I will travel anywhere anytime to do this. Let me know. And I know Chicago is a six hour trip by car and one hour by plane... but anywhere is good for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes!
      Same. I am willing to do one or two trips a year. Chicago would not be a bad idea, come to think of it: right in the middle.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    10 hours ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    3 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.