Go back in time

Show more

S15 LIVE Finale Reaction 👑


Ok, for those who do not watch Drag Race (not the Nascar kind, remember) here's a video of the four finalists watching the Finale episode together. Apparently, the finale is taped beforehand (editing and all that Jazz) and they record each one of the finalists winning the crown. During the actual broadcast, only one wins. I imagine that way they avoid spoilers because the finale is taped probably a week before it actually airs. 

So here it is. And I was right: @SashaColby was crowned America's Next Drag Superstar. And I'm not mad. One does need charisma, uniqueness, never AND talent to win the competition and she's got that in spades. But it's more a feeling I get from her that even though she knows her power (have you SEEN her?) she's not bothered by it, she does not dwell in it and she does not rub it on your face. 

That is, until she needs to make a statement for the Transphobes, and she did THAT during the final lip-synch: 

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Congratulations! You might be the first person to win Drag Race while naked. How does that make you feel?

SASHA COLBY: Exactly how I wanted to be. It was a specific choice to be naked in these times. I wanted them to see what they're trying to eradicate. Because they're probably eradicating it because they're attracted to it. The only way you can feel upset with something is if it evokes a strong feeling in you. Usually that feeling is lust hidden under hate. That's what they're uncomfortable with. As a trans woman, I still get clocked. I walked through New York City yesterday and was called a man. It wasn't because anyone else thought I looked like a man, it's because someone [who] got attracted to me got the dirt that I was trans, and that made them feel so uncomfortable that they had to say I'm a man. Every time they do that is them showing their own cards.


Oh, yes. Miss Colby was literally naked after those two reveals she did during that last performance (and I'm sure there's a lot of truth in her words). She did not rely on that body-ody-ody too much during the contest (she even appeared in male drag! *gasp*) but for the finale I'm glad she let everybody see her in all her glory and leave no crumbs. It was a lesson in burlesque. She also had some words about the current situation of Trans people in America:

Your speech was moving, when you dedicated your victory to trans people of the past, present, and future. Why was that message important for you to say on this platform, and who do you hope heard it the loudest?

I hope the allies, actually, heard it the loudest and are proud to defend us and are passionate to defend us…. It's such an amazing, humanizing thing to be able to show that your little thing that makes you happy can affect so many people. As far as the message of what I want to say with me being here is, I have to be not selfish about it. If you think you want this too much, it's for me, it's my goal, I need to win, it gets watered down. I need to check myself and have these pinpoints of, it's bigger than me. I get the reward of having my life goal accomplished, but this has been bigger than me at this point, in this political climate. I told myself, while doing the finale, that this wasn't trying to win, this was me showing these people that want to silence us and put us down and — for lack of better words — say 'fuck you' to all of them.


I can't wait to see what's in store for Miss Colby. 

Now sashay, my Queen, sahay!

XOXO


P.S:

@EW





Comments

  1. out of Topic: I'm smiling because the name Colby remembers me Colby Keller (here his bio)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha
    Oh, Xersex! He was soooo good! He used to have a Blog on Blogger. Big Shoes Diary or something like that. I think his career suffered when he publicly said he was going to vote for Mango Mussolini....

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately he wasn't the only one to vote for him. Otherwise he would not have arrived where he arrived from 2016 to 2020.

      Delete
    2. That is correct.
      The thing is that Colby was a die-hard Bernie Bro and he was punished for it. He didn't really know how to phrase that and the gays shunned him. I have not heard from him in AGES.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes.
      Especially not that both drag and Trans people are in danger of being literally outlawed because the xtianists and the conservatives want to take away everybody's rights...



      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Big says,
    Naked? Really? Oh, come on. Couldn't be true. Could it?
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Well, it was a statement. You know...?

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I did a post last Friday before the finale and there was some very interesting comments from Queens. In general it seemed like a lot of people... myself included , thought Antera would be the winner. I was happy with any of the three winning. My only issue from the very beginning with Sasha Colby, she went in already so well established, perfection, extremely editorial and very professional and a list of awards and winning pageants as long as both my arms, I feel like the other queens didn't have a chance from the very beginning. Let's face it , her only competition really was Anetra. I suspected she may win but then I thought to myself, would RuPaul actually award somebody that's already so legendary and huge?. And then as I suspected I saw in comments about the queens that were on the show, where some of them almost thought twice about joining. It's almost like amateur singers going into compete with Maria Callas. And just my personal opinion, as stunning as Sasha is in my mind she borders more Vegas showgirl than drag queen which I think is why I have an issue with so many queens that show so much skin constantly. But that's just personally me. I tend to be drawn to Queens more with huge hair and gowns... baubles Bangels and Beads.

    But for some reason every year I enjoy the season, then the finale always feels flat to me, regardless of who won this year everything went to the Wayside after I saw Jinx come out!!! Then the mic drop!!!!!!!

    And the stories i hear of editing and how they film the finale is always interesting. Technically speaking they aren't even allowed to tell anyone when they are even selected to go on for the season...till the official cast list is released. But henny....you know us queens talk.😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I thought Anetra was going to be the winner.
      But it's charisma, uniqueness, nerve an talent. And this girl has all that and more. I don't think she's overqualified. I think she should be the gold standard: professional, collected, friendly but not chummy. The moment she said in the show: "I know the song, I know my body and I know the stage" she was the winner in my eyes.
      All those one-year-in-drag Tik-Tok Queens *LUX* need to take note: you can be assertive and know your value without badmouthing others and getting involved in twitter fights.
      Sasha looked and acted professional and that made the unpolished, trashy, stupid girls look.. unpolished, trashy and stupid.
      I loved the finale. I loved the statement Sasha made (in this political climate, it was necessary). And Jinx and Sasha showed the girls that you CAN be awesome and stay on your lane...
      And it's a reality show first and foremost. The NDAs are iron clad cause Queens are gonna Kiki....

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. I do agree with your assessment and comment. I think my issue with the show itself is the longer it's on, it's getting away from its roots. Every season gets higher profile queens. I wish it would pull from queens even lesser known, to give them the extra lift. But....as we know, the public now wants the fish and glam. But the drag scene is filled with such camp and grit and "thrown together" looks. Queens I talk to could probably tell me now who half the cast is for the next season already LMAO!!!!!!

      And I forgot to mention about Sasha's huge black ensemble with the hat she came out in. ID SLEEP IN THAT!!!!! Now to me...that was theater.!!!!!!

      💋💋💋

      Delete
    3. I agree with you there.
      It's become a whole production. But as the show has become bigger, so have the expectations. There's still the sewing challenge and the 'unusual materials' challenge, though. But any girl who gets on Drag Race can capitalize on that and make a whole career out of it. She just needs to be smart (see Vanjie).
      Would I like grittier, resourceful Drag in the program? Yes! But I also like the pageantry and showgirlship.
      And that huge black coat/cape? Priceless. It was very well done and thought out. She went in to win it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I don't watch this show, but I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG it's so much fun.
      Imagine Survivor, Project Runway, What line is it anyways and America's Next Top Model had a child.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Well congrats to Miss Colby and, I must say, she looks absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does!
      And I trust your opinion in the matter of beautiful women.
      Completely

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I am so removed from RuPaul's whole world. I simply can't. Drag used to be so much fun. Now? It's a gladiator contest. Blech. Competition ruins fun. Didn't we learn that as kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But competition brings the best to the top (like Sasha)
      Drag Race is a reality show AND then a contest. That's something that people forget. But I love the representation.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. ...creo que cuando Sasha entro al werkroom por primera vez, alguna de las "Queens" dijo "es Ella, ya nos podemos ir todas a casa" refiriéndose a que no tenían posibilidad frente a semejante fiera. Sasha ha sido lo mejor y a la vez lo peor de esta temporada de Ru Paul porque desde que empezó ya se sabía que en justicia ella tenía que ser la ganadora, y el concurso no tenía tanta emoción así planteado. En parte hubiese querido que ganara Anetra porque me gustaba su mezcla de talento y humildad pero ¡en fin!, la Queen es la Queen y contra eso no hay quien pueda.
    ¡Besos, guapetón!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es que ya sabían que era calidad.
      Lo que sucede es que cuando alguien es muy bueno, hace ver la mediocridad de otros. Además de eso, Sasha demostró que se puede proyectar una personalidad equilibrada, confiada y profesional sin necesidad de ser una bicha. Y eso, Angelillo, vale la corona.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    13 hours ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    4 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.