Go back in time

Show more

Let's walk the Loop!


I've been thinking that I should start sweet talking all of you into coming to Chi this Summer (or Fall). And then I found this video. Coincidental, no? The thing is that I am kind of in the middle of everything (after all, isn't this the Midwest?) and it's a city that can be tailored to almost any taste.

But here's the thing: even though I visit Chicago several times a month, I do not live in the city. I live in one of the sprawling Southwest suburbs (exburbs?) that merge into each other until you really cannot tell when one starts and the other ends. I always get confused when giving someone directions for the first time because where I live, apparently could be three different places, all within less than a mile of each other. But that's another story and the reason I go to the city so much.

What I want to talk to you today is about coming to Chi, and one of the things you can do if you come to visit, is that you can take an architecture tour (you know how I love houses!) and enjoy the fab story of the city. There are many, many architecture tours in Chicago and I have to tell you that I have done several of them and they are fascinating. I have also been to that Mies Van Der Rohe building on Lake Shore Drive and to the Corn Cobs when I was doing the Riverwalk once a month. But that's another story...

I have done the River Tour and I've done the Frank Loyd Wright tours among others and they are totally fab. You could choose whichever you think would be cooler (they all are!). And any would be perfect for a sunny Summer day.

So what say you? Wanna come visit?

XOXO

Comments

  1. I love towers and you can imagine ohw much I can love this video. Now let me give two gifts here and here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those videos!
      The city has a fantastic history. Some neighborhoods are little time capsules and are worth a walk. Come to Chi, Xersex!!

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. some pics & videos like these ones are like time machines!

      Delete
    3. And you know what's cool? That now when I'm in town I keep remembering how things used to look! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Very very cool tour!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!
      I think she captured the essence of the passing of time in the Loop without sounding too technical.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5/10/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    There are so many fantastic things about this jewel in the Midwest. The architecture is fantastic and the food is top notch. Of course you cannot leave out the lake. The local PBS station has a staff member that regularly does tours of the city and suburbs. And even though I’ve lived here my entire life, I’ve only gone downtown mostly for work…in and out. When (if) I retire, I’ll have to spend more time doing what I want. Unfortunately current circumstances keep me too busy.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Chi.
      And I've been in the PBS tour!!! They have video tours, too. I should find one and try to entice people to come visit!
      BTW, Lurkie was wondering if you would be at hand if he comes to Chi....

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. My favorite...surprises me. I typically love unusual modern with clean lines and sharp angles. Here, I love that original brick Monadnock. Gorgeous. Love that the original movie theater at the marina is now a live theatre. As for any tour? Frank Lloyd Wright would be the tour for me. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they have repurposed many buildings and breathed new life into some fantastic spaces in the city. Worth a visit.
      The Frank Lloyd Wright tour is fab in the summer/early fall. I'd recommend the self-guided one because you have more time to look at the houses.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Fascinating video! Cool buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra,
      You should visit *hint* *hint*

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I have a running video that takes you up the lakeshore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes.
      I have seen those. There's nothing like being at the lakefront, though. Nothing.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. We have been to Chicago many times. Last time was for Market Days. We did the museum and friends of ours took us for a cruise on the Lake. I loved it, but the boy seems to like the West Coast and Northeast the best...so who knows if I make it back. It's been international travel lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yes!
      Market Days is an EVENT! I have not been to the ones after the pandemic, but may go this year. And you should convince The Boy to come visit! I promise I'll take you out to some cool hangouts in Boystown.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I DO! How do you find these amazing videos? I could listen to this lady all day. She knows so much STUFF! The Thompson Center is amazing. I love Chicago. I think it's a jewel of a city. And so much fun to walk around. This woman covers a lot ground. I really need to come back for a visit soon. Thanks, dear. This makes me excited....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm a YouTube whore.
      And I love how she presented things. So knowledgeable. And you must come and visit, Upton!

      XOXO

      P.S. so glad you're commenting again!! *smooches*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    5 hours ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    3 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.