Go back in time

Show more

Drew Does Trevor


I love Drew. His moodboards are not usually what I'd go for and nevertheless, the final products are always quite fab. Take for example this 290 sq.ft. studio apartment that he made over with mostly finds from Facehook Marketplace (that hellish place better be useful for SOMETHING!) and a lot of ingenuity.

First, can we talk about the building where the apartment is located? Dreamy. BTW, my first ever apartment was also a studio. probably slightly bigger than this one by ten or so square feet, but you get the idea. The first step he takes is selling the pieces Trevor has in his place on (where else?) Facehook market. Please bear with me. 

I despise Facehook with all my soul and I could not imagine it being useful for anything else but harboring the end of times, but it apparently serves other functions. Good for Fuckerberg. Still hate it. For those proficient on Facehook, you'll probably understand this whole process much better than I do. So good for you.

Loved the artwork. You know how much I love me a gallery wall and this fulfills my fantasy completely. I also loved the DIY headboard. Seriously, I wish I were really into powertools because this is such a cute idea. And I love all of these ideas. They make the space look much bigger and so totally cool! The only thing I have questions about? That torchère. It looks fab but I'd have to be careful with it. It does make sense, though, because of the sconce he took out. 

Overall, I love the makeover. It shows that even in a small space, all we need is well, inspiration and apparently, affordable things found online. I think watching people do things that seem attainable works for me the way vicarious experiences always work: you feel you can do it. Wanna make it work in a bigger place? Blow it up. It's simple: just add your own style. This makeover also very renter friendly (something many, many people have to think about before they do ANYTHING in their place, because not everybody has the big privilege of owning a home) and quite cool. Drew did Trevor good.

XOXO




Comments

  1. It's nice, and I like the recycling of furniture, and if I was single ... but man this is small.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super cute.
      And we all know people in big cities live in spaces like this all the time. I lived in an apartment just like this during my first year of college. Then I upgraded to a one bedroom.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7/25/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    For someone just starting out (and in LA) this is a cute apartment. Drew did some amazing things with his modern day thrifting. I like what he did with the artwork and all of the little accents.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's adorable.
      And you know L.A. is expensive, so yeah. Drew was fab. I love his vision.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. As someone who sells flooring, including carpet and area rugs, I can tell you he chose that rug for all the wrong reasons. People want something soft and cushy under their bare feet and that rug is knotty, and hard, and fine if you wear shoes in hour apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you.
      This is a high-traffic area, though. If he puts something soft and cushy there it'll be trashed in three months, with the thread flattened where the traffic takes place. I'd have a small, cushy rug near the bed, though...

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. This was a fascinating video! He did so much with such a tiny space. But I would ditch the coffee table. It's just too much and it would be better to leave that space between the couch and the dresser for walking. I hate coffee tables at the best of times. All they do is collect clutter and provide a place to stub your toes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he did a fantastic job.
      And I am absolutely torn about coffee tables. I really don't have one (I have some crates in front of the sofa, though) and I find them useful to put drinks, munchies and the such. But I feel you.
      Ha! I've stubbed my toes once of seven times in mine.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Big says,
    Well done. It doesn't feel cramped. But query me this: Studio or not...without even a kitchenette, How do you call this an apartment? Whatever he saves on rent he's spending to eat out all the time. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does't! And that's the magic.
      And I think the kitchenette and bathroom may be to the left, going through that door we see there. He did not made over that part. And this is an apartment. My friend in NY lived in one exactly like that for six years (his kitchenette was right next to a window!). I lived in a similar one too. I think that Jon, one of the readers of this blog lives in a place just like this, too.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Gosh I wish I had that creativity gene. My condo has a lot more space than that, and I still can't make it look cute or functional. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Don't we all? And it's just a matter of planning, I believe. I think you could ask people at the local Ikea to help you, BTW. Or if there's a CB2 near you, they have consultants that would make your place look fab...
      Or you can invite Mads and I over for a weekend and we'll make your place over. LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Oh my God I can move in there in a minute. Not too big and his style is right on par with mine. He has it, mixes old with new and intermixes styles which gives a lovely eclectic look. The one thing I thought he was going to do, was on that long credenza, was keep the artwork angled against the wall while I was on top of it. I have actually done that in my own place and those of clients. It's a neat look, a great way to display art as some people don't want that many holes in walls.

    I approve this video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *day made*
      Yes! I would, too. I love the idea of mixing and matching, especially 'found' objects. The character is off the hook. And I've seen artwork angled like that, and it really looks cool. I love the small gallery wall, though.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. he's so cute and he looks like Sam Smith (am I the only one who had this thought?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very cute!
      And maybe you're finding them similar because of the eye colour and the beard??

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    15 minutes ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    3 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.