Go back in time

Show more

Inside Dan Pelosi...


Oh, hi. 
I thought that would bring you to the yard.Well, that and the very well-known last name. And this fab home that's full of light and color and I bet, fantastic food. I think that living in one of these old neighborhoods really has more flavor than going to your next suburban subdivision. Bed-Stuy is in Brooklyn, so you know the houses here are gonna have character.

I love that he's got a lot of collections and that they are out, for people to see: the books, the cooking utensils, the artwork made by friends. Everything has a use and a look. Don't get me wrong, I like the Scandi-minimalist style that many gravitate towards nowadays, I find it relaxing and peaceful. But I also like homes that have a life of their own and tell stories, even without their owners telling us about the objects of their affection and how they came to be. It's also not a huge house. Dan is a big man *faints* as his nickname implies, and he moves in this space very comfortably. Perfect example of not needing two thousand five hundred square feet to live comfortably (and prettily). 

I think what makes this space is the colorful eclecticism of the whole house. I like that the dining room table is the heart of the house ( he obvs likes to give dinner parties) and it occupies a central space in the house. I'm like him in that I have had some things that have moved with me from place to place and have only lately found a place in my space. I also agree with him in that not having tons of space, we put everything out (remember my pantry?). It's very practical.

Now, that gallery wall! Love. Love his stories about all the pieces. And that living room? Talk about wanting to stay and chat all day: colorful, full of light, eclectic and full of personality. Drinks, plants and artwork with tons of color. I would like to be invited to one of his dinner parties. Yes.

XOXO 

P.S. you can follow him on Insta, of course. I highly recommend it if you like to cook, too!










Comments

  1. Too much... simply too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you know what? I don't see it.
      The only too much I can think about is the textiles? Because the rest of the house seems like a house. I don't 'like' the coolers/stools under the table, but I've seen them in parties, and him being a cook...
      I found that the things in his house gave it color and character...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Big says,
    "Don't Yuk My Yum" --- I love it!! But, of course, it's waaaay too cluttered for me. I'd go positively nuts. The kitchen surprised me. I expected a true chef's kitchen. But I do love all the artwork. And the grossypelosi teddy bear. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that could be my motto, too!
      And again, I didn't find it cluttered. Maybe because I've visited houses just like this and I find them charming? It's all very open, and we can see what people usually keep behind cupboards, I guess.
      And I like that the kitchen is just a kitchen. It shows you don't need the twenty thousand dollar French iron cast stove to cook delish food... and yes to the artwork!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7/05/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    I would call this organized chaos. He has a lot of things, but the things he needs frequently are out for him to grab. I do question having all of his dinnerware out on the table all of the time, but storage space is at a minimum, so there you have it. Having all of his cookware organized by color doesn’t seem very efficient to me, but as long as he knows what he’s looking for, c'est la vie.

    I love the stories behind his art wall, and noticed that when he was talking about his Tom of Finland print, that is NOT what they were showing. The living room seems comfy with the big sofa. Who knew there were companies that disassemble couches to get them where they need to be. That would have come in handy with your couch in the former apartment.

    XOXO đŸ‘šđŸŒ‍❤️‍💋‍đŸ‘šđŸœ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I can live with Organized Chaos. That's the name of my rock band, btw.
      I think it's just convenient, having everything at your reach. But that's just me. Also, yes, storage is scarce, so out everything goes.
      Hahaha I also noted they did NOT show TOF. The drawing probably showed pole or hole, so yes.
      And I need that service! Seriously. I inherited a couch that I'm sure I won't be able to take with me when I move out of here!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I get the kitchen overflowing with stuff,. but the rest of the house gets me anxious, there's sooo much.
    I do like the books arranged by color ....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I didn't see that!
      I'm gonna have to watch the video again. It's a long space, there's no walls and it's separated by function. But I didn't see too much.
      Loved the cookbooks by color, too! And the gallery wall.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I'm totally in for the house itself and layout...and that fireplace is awesome....but the interior styling....so not me, but love that everything has a story. And I agree...the art wall???!!! LOVE me a good art wall! I have done them, and I load a wall up, but I find most people are afraid of doing art walls, and I'm not sure why. Can one have to much art or books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the house is fab. I love that layout that allows you to have a full house in two (or three) floors while still being small.
      I also love that everything has a story and that everything has color and that it does not look 'arranged'. Everything looks and feels 'lived in'?
      I love the art wall. And nope, never too much art or too many books.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Ahhh... finally. A home which looks like someone actually lives there. That is some utilitarian design at play. Everything has a purpose. Brilliant. And he's a gem. I would have dinner and drinks with him anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      That's what I felt. It's practical and it reflects the owners' style and even occupation. I love the happiness the place exudes. I'd have dinner and drinks with them in a heartbeat, too!
      Can you imagine the stories? And the FOOD?

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavĂ­a en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del AtlĂĄntico cuando todo comenzĂł. Noticias e imĂĄgenes aterradoras llenaban las pĂĄginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen tambiĂ©n que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    3 days ago
  • RevoluciĂłn en marchas - [image: Venezuela: Dos marchas pacĂ­ficas, ¿y todo sigue igual? – SurySur] En enero de 2001 un capricho de Hugo ChĂĄvez propiciĂł la inauguraciĂłn de las m...
    5 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pillĂł a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los dĂ­as que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.