Go back in time

Show more

Ice Slippin'


You know I love me some @omarapollo and this song is just so... beautifully haunting? And I love the idea of the contraposition of the theme and lyrics of the song and the portrait of Omar that @doronlangberg did. Talk about artists collaborating. This lyric video is beautiful.

"Ice Slippin is about reliving the thoughts I had passing through my mind the winter I came out to my family. Receiving cold judgment as opposed to the acceptance I felt I deserved,” Apollo shared in a statement. “This song is a reflection and reaction of all the emotions I had to face before and after I decided to leave the icy streets of Indiana.”

How about that inspo? I love his music. And I will most probably get his new EP as soon as it comes out. Because of course I will.

XOXO

P.S. And talking about @doronglangberg... it's a two birds one stone today here at (Lo) Iprescindible. How beautiful is his art? It's as if the impressionists got a shot of adrenaline...




@doronglamberg is awesome. If you are not following him, I strongly recommend it.


This is the Omar portrait. He did capture all that energy, no?




Because an image (or twenty) are worth a thousand words. And because I am forever immensely impressed that someone could make three dozen strokes of a brush convey such emotion and movement.

Comments

  1. Interesting song, but I'm not really into erotic pastels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song is really cool.
      And he does still natures, too btw...
      And are these pastels? We would have to ask Debra, but I think he works mostly with oils??

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Big says,
    Love the art! The song, not so much. The lyrics, yes. it's rather a conglomeration of style isn't it, though? Maybe that's the point. Damn....the longer I listened, the more I liked it. Well, shit.... There goes money on a new CD. LOL.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Yes, his music is quite different. That's what I like about him.
      That he's very easy on the eyes does help, natch.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I, as I most always do, really listen to lyrics, so I like the message and the journey in the song. The art, too, is wonderful and vibrant,
    Good stuff.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has become quite the lyricist.
      I love when singer-songwriters do stuff like this and give us the background. More powerful, no?
      Love the artwork!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9/02/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    That’s a great song from Omar. And the art is fantastic, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      The official video dropped last week, too.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Las imágenes me han dejado maravillado...tal como dices es como si uno de aquellos maravillosos impresionistas hubiera renacido en el siglo XXI. ¡Que habilidad expresar tanto con tan pocos trazos...! Me encanta...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo he quedado... que ni te imaginas.
      Esa orgía de colores (y los temas) me energizan.
      Quién fuera artista, no?

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous9/04/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Quite a moving song. The artwork is astounding.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the artwork.
      One or two of the pieces bring back quite vivid memories...

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I love so much the artists you put on your blog. I follow all of them on IG! 👏👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!
      That's the idea. I think they're all worth a follow.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    14 hours ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    4 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.