Go back in time

Show more

Ok, BOOMER...



Baby boomers, often shortened to boomers, are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. The generation is often defined as people born from 1946 to 1964 during the mid-20th century baby boom.[1] The dates, the demographic context, and the cultural identifiers may vary by country.[2][3][4][5] The baby boom has been described variously as a "shockwave"[6] and as "the pig in the python".[7][8] Most baby boomers are children of either the Greatest Generation or the Silent Generation, and are often parents of Gen Xers and Millennials,[9] or Generation Z.

@wiki 


I was talking to a coworker and we were cackling over some funny moments in a conference he had attended. I had complimented him on a cute zip-up he was wearing and I told him I have had one very similar to the one he was wearing and that I had gotten for a few bucks at a Diesel clearance sale. I still have it. I bought that zip-up in 2003. He said his was almost as old. We laughed and some kind of understanding passed between us. I suddenly realized I could not date someone who was younger than that zip-up.

It's true. I don't think I could date somebody who is, let's say, younger than a pair of Marithé & Girbaud jeans I have that I wore during the Aughts. They still fit, a little snug in the waist (what were you expecting??), but I've had many a Stan's Doughnut so there's that. But dating someone who did not live through Y2K? I think I may pass. Not that I've not tried it, mind you. I have gone out with men in their twenties, but it's not as... interesting? Oh, some of them are smart and handsome and all that. But I usually go for gentlemen who actually listened to Casey Kasem on the radio and know what  floppy disks and beepers and answering machines are. I find that when we are talking (because we usually leave the fucking for later) there is some kind of understanding passing between us.  

It's more fun that way.

XOXO

Comments

  1. Kids!
    I was wearing my winter coat a couple of weeks back and a co-worker told me how much they liked it. I replied that it was probably thirty years old and they replied, "Way older than me."
    I killed them on the spot. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had that coming!

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha
      I know, right????

      Kids do not show the respect the should! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. LOL. Yep. Us boomers are something, ain't we? I loved listening to Casey Kasem, I used floppy disks - as far back as the 10-inchers, btw. Never used a beeper --- but I still have and use an answering machine on my land line. 'Course the only calls are charities and politicians asking for money. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely.
      Casey was iconic. I listen to a station on Saturday that literally plays his countdown! And having an answering machine is ICONIC.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I broke up when I saw the Werthers Originals at the bottom of his bag! And that conversation? Every single one I have these days with my peers, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOOOO
      I know, right? The DETAILS!
      And you have no idea how many times I've heard that convo!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11/14/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Oh that’s a great video! My first computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80, lovingly known as a Trash-80. Its storage device was a standard audio cassette recorder. It had 4K of memory.

    We’ve come a long way in health, science, technology and fashion, though they say everything old is new again. Just look at the rise of the turntable and vinyl. I’ve got some souvenir T-shirts that are probably over 25 years old.

    We’re oldies but goodies 😝.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh
      My first computer was a Hewlett-Packard all-in-one. It got outdated in three years but oh, it was useful!!
      And yes for vinyl!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, I haven't heard of Girbaud jeans in ages. They were my first designer pair of jeans, and did they make my crotch an ass look great. After that I think I went to Diesel jeans. If I date younger....its mostly sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they were the BOMB!
      I still have some, I swear. And you and I must be long lost siblings: I also still have two Diesel jeans. From the 'aughts!
      And dating younger for sex is the way to go. Is what I've done.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Oh, this is funny... what you wrote... please expand. Too clever. Okay... I think they missed the boomer mark in that video. I mean... that was grandpa... not a boomer. Boomers are the 60 is the new 40 crowd. As far as age... I kind of leave it up to chemistry. I mean... if they want to hang out with me, fine. Who am I to judge. At the same time, I have no interest in young things... they think they are everything, but I find they know so little and base so much on so little. I have no desire to teach or mentor... so - f*ck that. At the same time, though... guys in their 40's have turned my head around so many times... and not in a cruisy way. But with their thoughts and insights. For me? 35 is kind of the cut off... but, hey - if they want a little something something from someone like me... well, who am I to stand in the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      You're too kind, Upton.
      And you made me cackle with the grandpa diss.
      And I'm ok with younger men hanging out with me. Date them? Nope. Maybe a quick dip, but that'd be about it.
      And we would NEVER stand in the way of learning. Cause learning is... FUNDAMENTAL!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. For those beyond cock and sex, there may be some pretty young people with extremely interesting lives to tell. Or who are very curious to learn. These people are very pleasant and interesting. We are souls in bodies. If the frequencies are similar, they resonate like tuning forks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely.
      Old Souls I call them. I love the idea of the similar frequencies!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Well, I am a boomer and old enough to be a grandfather or even a great grandfather to way too many very attractive and intelligent young men. I am not one to discriminate. However, my life is settling down to an incredibly romantic relationship with a man who will turn 40 next month...and I am a young 75. So, old enough to be his father and in some parts of the country even his grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      And you should enjoy him (and your life!). Who cares?

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    20 hours ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    4 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.