Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Bed-Stuy...?


I love this apartment. It reminds me of the first apartment I had in college. It was basically just like this one and I have the BEST memories of that time. One of my goals now is to try to downsize from where I am. I have too much stuff and I need to get rid of some before I move out of here because getting a two bedroom apartment for myself is not an option I would consider. Once, it's kind of expensive, because the two bedroom apartments I like tend to be in new developments and they tend to be overpriced. Two, because the idea is to have a space that feels cohesive and comfortable, but manageable.

I want to have again a one bedroom apartment, not only because it's more affordable, but because I like the idea of compact living: having what I need and enjoying what I have. All I need is space for my books, my records and some plants. Would I enjoy a thousand square feet? Probably. But I'm sure I can make it work in six hundred. If I ever buy a house, I will probably go for the two bedrooms and one and a half bathroom distribution, but right now all I wanna do is live with what gives me joy. If I don't need it or I don't use it, I don't want it.

XOXO

Comments

  1. this apartment, imho, is neither beautiful nor ugly. More than anything, (see @ 4:33) he has too many paintings on the walls. I would prefer 4 large paintings and that's it. But these are matters of taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct!
      It's a matter of taste. I like his collection, but I can see that having bigger artwork would make the wall more impactful. And the apartment to me is... homey?

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I kind of agree that it's a lot of stuff--no shade--and I like fewer things that inspire me more.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like his objects.
      They all seem to have a special meaning for him (and will come handy when he moves to a bigger apartment). I don't mind the 'collector' air of the place.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Big says,
    Less space doesn't always equate to fewer "things" as evidenced there. I could go back to under 900sf (like I had before marriage). But I absolutely need outdoor space. A private courtyard would be a must - or a balcony with enough privacy for my naked lifestyle. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 900 sf is a lot.
      But yes, having outdoor space is a big plus in any living situation. Something i don't think i'll get when i move back to an apartment...

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1/24/2024

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    I really like this space. Some may think he has a lot of “stuff” but the things he has are personal and meaningful to him. It may be small but it works.

    I also love his voice. And I know there is surfboarding on Lake Michigan here in the Chicago area, but it never occurred to me that it would be the same with New York.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!
      If I were living in a smaller space, it would look just like this! LOL
      I wonder about that surfboard, too!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    12 hours ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    2 days ago
  • Revolución en marchas - [image: Venezuela: Dos marchas pacíficas, ¿y todo sigue igual? – SurySur] En enero de 2001 un capricho de Hugo Chávez propició la inauguración de las m...
    5 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.