Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Paul …

 





Paul Mescal makes me feel things and I think it's mainly because he reminds me of a man I dated many, many, many years ago. I was getting out of my teens and skipping into my twenties and I was wild. That's when he came into my life. I remember I met him some random night while hanging out with my friends. A friend of a friend of a friend. You know the drill. But Mescal has the same crazy intensity. Same quiet swagger. Same physicality. Even their bodies are similar. When Paul takes off his shirt or goes around in short pants, I stare. Hard.






He was a guy with ‘a past’, this man I'm telling you about. He seemed somehow dangerous and a little bit off and you know how Oppositional Defiant Disorder works. Some of my friends warned me about him and all that but I, of course, did not listen to them. He seemed to know all the right -and wrong- people and could roll a joint in a second. He was a total darling with me, though, and I of course did not pay attention to the stories of him having ‘a past’. I was infatuated. Dickmatized, if you will. 

He towered over me and had huge hands and the softest skin and beautiful, pensive eyes that he always hid behind dark glasses. I think he only took those glasses off with me, now that I think about it. Whenever we were out, the glasses were on. I think people found that unsettling? I did not mind it at all. He was scruffy, very rough around the edges and not what you’d consider ‘pretty’, just like Mescal. But he had crazy sex appeal. He also gave me fabulous kisses and breathed me in with his hand holding my head and his arm around my waist. 

I melted when that man touched me, seriously. I do seem to have a thing for Trade, daaahlink. Now, I don’t have the slightest idea whatever happened to him, BTW. I lost track of him after we ended things. Even though we were together for three years, we moved in different circles and I never saw him again after we broke up. Pity. 

And that's the feeling I get with Paul Mescal in movies: he reminds me of that man. Now you know. And fresh off All of Us Strangers  he is gonna be in another movie with a queer love story at its center: The History of Sound. And he's going to be in it with Josh O'Connor who was in God's Own Country (another of my fav gay movies). I don't know about you, but when it comes to gay love stories, I'm all for it. Especially if one of the leading men in the movie gives me the feels.

XOXO





P.S. The History of Sound is actually based on a short story by Ben Shattuck that is well worth a read.  Really, I can’t wait for this one to come out…

Comments

  1. Paul is totally adorable, and quite a fine actor, too.

    Now, your old flame sounds quite mysterious and hot and rough and not.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes, he is!
      And yes he WAS. Bob, I'm telling you, that man..... *faints*


      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3/13/2024

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    You’ve led quit the interesting life, babe. When is the book coming out? (Hint, hint)

    Thanks for the recommendation on “All of Us Strangers” it was a very good movie, with some interesting turns. And Paul does not disappoint.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Oh, I was an Ethical Slut. And the innocent will be protected because I've forgotten many of the actual names. LOL
      I really liked All of Us Strangers. Paul was great in it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. very cute nice sexy talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is!
      I think men who are not conventionally pretty are hot.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. He certainly triggered a trip down Memory Lane for you! I see from Wikipedia, that he's also part of the star-studded cast for the upcoming "Gladiator 2" movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gurl.
      You have no idea. EVERY TIME he's in a movie I just can't help it. And yes, he'll be in Gladiator 2!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Paul is fine, he was good in All We Strangers, though I didn't care for the film. A Beautiful Mind did it much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was good there.
      And I thought A Beautiful Mind was about Nash's schizophrenia and not loss and solitude? AOUS is a ghost love story, ABM is a biopic?

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Huh...the name sounds familiar, but not sure if I've seen any of his films. But Oscar nominee? I must have. Been watching "Fellow Travelers" cuz I've been a Bomer fan since "White Collar." ... talk about a gay love story! Poor Skippy....
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mescal has been in a ton of movies lately. I recommend him.
      And I am watching Fellow Travelers. Damn, Skippy!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Right away I'm not sure if I'm familiar with these two or not, but I must have seen them in something because especially Paul looks familiar to me.

    And I think he just makes you stand if you know what I'm saying, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then it just hit me that Josh O Connor was in one of my favorite shows about three years ago... The Durrells in Corfu.

      Delete
    2. Oh, he's been in several big movies and in many acclaimed Indies.
      And he DOES make me stand. Oh, yes.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    12 hours ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    4 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.