Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Kayleigh, girl…. No.

 



Full disclaimer: until very recently, I had no idea who Chapell Roan was (that's apparently read like the building, not as in Dave Chappelle). If you are like me, and don't follow closely what the kids are doing, she's apparently a pop singer and is currently very famous. Hundreds of thousands congregated to hear her sing in Lollapalooza, according to sources. 

I have not heard much of her music (or I have not paid attention). I think YouTube -that stalky ex-boyfriend who's always there when you turn your gaze- suggested her Tiny Desk Concert and I declined. There's something forced about her performative Queerness that turns me off: apparently she was invited to the Biden White House and she didn't go -allegedly- because they were not going to let her read a poem about Palestine. By now you have an idea where this is going.

Then she bothsided Kamala, made two videos about 'why' she said both sides have been 'bad' to Trans people (??), mispronounced Kamala's name, incurred in assorted fuckery and so I lost my shit. And apparently the internet lost its shit at the same time I did:




And of course, not even her music is that 'original'.


Oh, people were reading her for FILTH. And I dragged a seat to see how everything was gonna go down. I was not disappointed.


She's from Missouri. Raised by fundies and has a whole family worth of MAGAts, FWIW. And then she discovered she was a lesbian, wears Drag Queen makeup, speaks about Trans folks and that's what makes the kids idolize her. I'm one of those people who believes that you can take the girl out of the fundie environment but you cannot take the fundie out of the girl...




I love it when the internet does not mince words when people try to use the excuse of 'mental illness' to justify assorted fuckery:




So GOOD.




I find that the level of entitlement, one-issue stubbornness and myopic handwringing going on with this last generation is alarming. This woman is not alone. There's hundreds of thousands of Gen-Z people who truly believe that what's happening in Palestine is worth fucking up the elections in the USA in November. For real.

They have the asinine shortsightedness of a newborn cow and the stubbornness of an old donkey. NOTHING gets through their skulls. And they use performative stunts to scream their immature grievances into the void. And then they complain. 

I am showing my age here: I know people who have/had AIDS. I know what DADT did to gay people, I saw Gay Marriage become a reality. Have the Dems always been super Gay friendly? Nope. But it's the Dems who have brought the progress we have in LGBTQ lives right now. Not the Repugs. Not the Green Party. Not the Libertarians. The fucking Democrats did it, Kayleigh.

And for this girl to come out and say that both parties are the fucking SAME?

Well, fuck you Chapel Wrong. Fuck you and your ilk. May that Rolling Stone cover help you get over the internet dragging your privileged lily white ass for days. And no, I'm not still listening to your music. There's truly good artists out there that deserve a listen more than you ever will and more authentic allies making great music who are not as problematic as you are. Go count your money, honey. Maybe that will help you leave your racist, bigoted, homophobic family behind. And may this serve you as a lesson to never EVER bothside DonOld and the GQP with the Dems.

XOXO

Comments

  1. I don't know her .... look at me, I'm Mariah!!! BUT ... I recently heard Kelly Clarkson and Miranda Lambert sing one of her songs and it was gorgeous.
    NOW ... go after for this "both sides" fuckery all you want all over social media, but if you really really REALLY want to make yourself heard, stop buying her music or seeing her little shows.
    Prove to her that BOTH SIDES are not the same.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understood what all the fuss was about her in the first place. She seemed unclear and confused to me. Thanks for this post, none of which I knew before. She truly is unclear and confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/01/2024

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    You have this POS with her both sides bullshit and her followers will nod in agreement and vote against their best interests, or sit out the election.

    Then over the weekend we lost Kris Kristofferson, part of a generation of musicians who took a stand and did their part for the greater good. Were they flawed? Sure, aren’t we all? But they did the best they could to make the world a better place.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big says, You're right, her followers will follow. Thank the goddess there are way more Swifties. That's what celebrity can do --- either good or evil. Kristofferson was a Rhodes Scholar who hung out with the likes of Willie Nelson - another one who did a lot of good things. XOXO

      Delete
  4. Big says,
    I had no idea who she is --- or even that she'd turned Uncle Joe down to appear at the WH. Now that you've brought me up to speed - well, I'm rather happy I didn't know of her. I like the one comment above "I wish I could unbuy her music." And SNL is planning on having her as a musical guest the Sat before the election? I think Lorne should reconsider.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.