Oh, Benito...!!!
Did you know there's a football game this Sunday during a Bad Bunny concert? Well, now you know.
Here's Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio getting ready to make history by being the first Latin artist to receive a Grammy for Album of the Year for DeBí Tirar Más Fotos while wearing a custom Schiaparelli tux. He also got two more Grammys that day BTW. He now has seventeen. He also has eighty three million listeners in Spotify and fifty one million followers on YouTube. He’s apparently kind of a big deal.
But the MAGAts (and Cankles) are LIVID because he's going to be in the Super Bowl. You know, racism. And the fact that Bad Bunny said 'ICE OUT!' during his acceptance speech at the Grammys. So I decided to dedicate this post to Bad Bunny. It's Bad Bunny wall to wall today at Lo Imprescindible.
You may have to hit the CC button in some of these videos, cause Bad Bunny usually speaks in Spanish...
Here he is talking to Zane Lowe about DeBí Tirar Más Fotos. Notice the code-switching and the adorable shyness...
You know who can make James Corden likable? Bad Bunny fanboying on an Ariana Grande song. That's who.
Want a primer on Bad Bunny's music? No problem. Here's his Tiny Desk Concert.
Here's a short film that will let you know why Benito created DTMF. It's a fun album, but it's also deeply personal and totally political. Of course, the MAGAts cannot deal with that.
Yes, the world will dance. And so will I. And so will you, if you get up and move that body!
XOXO
P.S. Oh, here. In case anybody you know thinks Bad Bunny is 'not American':
HuntleyBiGuy:
ReplyDeleteLoving the MAGAt melt down. This will be a huge production and the audience will be HUGE!
XOXO 👨🏼❤️💋👨🏽
Oh, it's absolutely delicious.
DeleteIt's a world stage and the NFL knows that. The potential of eighty million additional people tuning in to their game is probably making them swoon.
XOXO
I don't give a shit about American football and never watch it, but I'll be watching the Superbowl half-time show! And the pre-game entertainment too -- Lady Gaga!
ReplyDeleteBig says,
DeleteWait! ... Lady Gaga? How did I not know this???
XOXO
NO, don't listen to me! I screwed up! Lady Gaga is NOT performing. But Brandi Carlile is signing "America the Beautiful" so there is that.
DeleteBig says,
Deletewell....shit. LOL
Oh yes!
DeleteI watched the press junket Apple did with Bad Bunny about the halftime and there was Brandi. Yay! A lesbian singing America The Beautiful, Green Day opening and Bad Bunny as the main act? It gets more delicious every day.
XOXO
And, as it turned out, Lady Gaga WAS there and PERFORMED a cameo song during Big Bunny's halftime show! Swoon!
DeleteOMG yes!!!!
DeleteYou predicted it! And it was EVERYTHING. That salsa number? *chef's kiss*.
XOXO
It's just more of that racism of the right; it was Kendrick Lamar and now it's Bad Bunny. When, oh, when, they moan, will the poor white people get a chance to perform?
ReplyDeletexoxo
PS I'm with Debra; I won't watch the game, but I will be cheering the half time show!
Oh, the racists are having to grind their teeth.
DeleteThe half time not only stay less white, but it's also in Spanish. So good.
And I have only watched the half time since forever. Hello? I 'd only watch football for the tight pants on those hunks!
XOXO
I don't watch football, but I will watch the halftime show on YouTube. I'm actually one of his fans on Spotify, and though I don't understand everything he sings, his music is quite catchy.
ReplyDeleteSame.
DeleteI always stream it. It would be cool to just turn on the TV to watch that, though. LOL
And yes, Bad Bunny's music is very catchy. He sings in several different styles, too.
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteOur usual reaction is, "There's a game? What game? ... Oh, that. Meh." But the commercials, and the Half-time show are always a must. So, you bet we'll be watching that.
XOXO
P.S. James Corden has been likeable since he convinced Babs to ride along.
LOL
DeleteI know right? The commercials and the half time show ARE the draw. Well, also the men playing (super wide shoulders and tight white pants??? yes).
James Corden is irritating at best. Babs was THE addition, though....
XOXO
Loving all the hype and love for Bad Bunny. I had no idea there was a football game, too. What a great idea.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha
DeleteOh, I've asked several people that question and it has taken then a second to 'get' it.
XOXO
Superbowl LX here we go :)
ReplyDeleteMagas get upset when people of color make something of themselves. Always have, always will. And just think if all the athletes of color were to up and quit professional sports, the NFL, NBA and MLB and all those professional teams would collapse, and the magas would have a massive nervous breakdown.
-Rj
MGAts get upset very easily.
DeleteEspecially when their racism and their xenophobia cannot be expressed quietly. And that's always been my point: without athletes of color, sports would be a desert!!
Their cognitive dissonance is always flabbergasting.
XOXO
ICE out, Bad Bunny in, and I’m here for it. If the only thing MAGA is mad about is that a Puerto Rican artist is proud of who he is, then he’s already won.
ReplyDeleteOh, he won the second he was announced.
DeleteThe meltdown of the MAGAts has been quite delicious.
ICE OUT!
XOXO
I'll be watching him, hoping he makes another statement or two- America and the world need to unite against the dictator in office.
ReplyDeleteSame!
DeleteI know the MAGAts will be PRESSED! LOL
XOXO
Se lució con su espectáculo... y dio poderosas lecciones aprovechando inteligentemente sus 15 minutos.
ReplyDeleteEs que ha dejado a este país (y a algunos otros) hablando por una semana. Y no hablar de Cheeto aquí ya es una hazaña.
DeleteXOXO