Oh. Fat, you said...?
We are all different. Well, duh, right??
But in this age of bodies being worshipped on social media and in media at large, deciding if we are 'okay' is kind of difficult. Take me, for example:
This is my (basically debunked but still prevalent) BMI calculated from 44 to 74, to give you a range:
That is crazy. I would have had to stay the same for thirty years, basically, to stay 'normal'.
Now, let's do body fat:
So, same thing: I would basically have to stay the same size and weight (don't we shrink?) from 44 to 74 in order to have a 17.4% body fat. 17.4%. Not even ten or five or three percent body fat, like those Instagram influencers claim. Can you imagine that? I don't think I've been under ten percent body fat since I was eighteen, and I had a 28 inch waist and an outie. Oh, and I'd need muscle definition. Because of course I do. Duh. If your muscles do not show, do you even have them?? Time to dehydrate yourself.
And all this taking into account that I do moderate exercise two to three times a week. I walk everywhere. I drink water. I don't eat a ton of junk food (I literally only eat junk food when on the road and in very pressing occasions, like a normal human being). I eat my veggies and fruits every day. I even take my vitamins! My waist size has kept stable (kinda) throughout the years. And still I don't even look like the people in that video who are in my percentage range!!
I did all that body fat calculations for nothing, though. I'm having a Krispy Kreme donut today for dessert because I got some donuts as a gift and I'm going to enjoy them. Well, I'll have it after I eat a nice salad for lunch.
XOXO
Don't forget that diet coke!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat will never not crack me up.
DeleteXOXO
It's all too much; if you're healthy, and check with a doctor on that, then there you have it!
ReplyDeletexoxo
PS No Diet Coke EVER!!!! That stuff is disgusting.
Bob...doesn't it crack you up when you hear a fat lady order two hamburgers, fries, an app, and a dessert and then have the gull to order a diet coke? LOL!!!!!!
DeleteAnd I agree about the doctor...if they say your fine, forget the formulas.
It's very inane.
DeleteBut you have to get on social media to see the kind of insanity that's going on (and the obsession with body fat percentage. It's insane.
XOXO
I knew BMI was BS the first time I ever heard of it. It's so obviously stupid I'm surprised anyone was ever taken in by it.
ReplyDeleteYou have no idea how many people STILL swear by it.
DeleteAll the 'influencers' especially.
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteBMI? What's that?? LOL. I was a chubby kid, lost it all in HS. Had a 31" waist when I went into the military at 18. Gained an inch there. After dancing days that went up to a 34" waist... At (going on) 74, I have a 36" waist and a Dad Bod. So, there! LOL
XOXO
Don't forget the big dick Pat!!!!!
DeleteHahahaha
DeleteOh, Mads.
And a dad bod? Yum.
XOXO
Big says,
DeleteLOL, Mads! How could I forget it - it's attached. Hee-hee.
XOXO
As long as you are healthy and comfortable in your body, should be what matters. I have up on BMI indexes and calculators years ago. Loved your response to Pat, the big dick, lol, you had me in stiches.
ReplyDeleteI know right????
DeleteIt's all so crazy....
XOXO