Oh, Harrison......!
Here's the thing: Harrison can be seen in some scenes of Heated Rivalry and I think he may be featured later in Season Two. I definitely love the idea of a Trans person being in a mainstream series (dealing with hockey, no less) and also the idea of Trans people looking at themselves and sharing that experience with us. Especially now that Harrison is going to be playing fictional hockey while he won't be able to play real hockey, thanks to Cankles.
Being a trailblazer is not easy, but Harrison seems to be on a roll. Sports are not Trans friendly (duh), and being 'one of the first' in this case means a lot of scrutiny and a lot of weight on your shoulders. Having a book and a film out probably doesn't make it easier, either. But visibility is good.
Check @HarrisonBrawne on Insta.
XOXO
Great interview! I will be watching for Harrison Browne now. I hope I get the chance to see "Pink Light" some day. And I'll check out his book written with his sister.
ReplyDeleteI know, right???
DeleteAnd I do want to see Pink Light. There's so few movies talking about this kind of Trans experience! It's a shame.
I have to see if my local library has the book though...
XOXO
XOXO
Fascinating. Good on him for standing up and out. Every march begins with that one step.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Correct.
DeleteAll it takes is that ONE person. He's very brave.
XOXO
Interesting and important. It's also interesting that the big uproar regarding trans people playing sports seems to focus mostly on male to female, rather than female to male. Because of losers like Riley Gaines, it appears to the be former which initiates all of the negative press.
ReplyDeleteOh, that's because the right wingers and the idiots know that screaming that a man is in the lady's room is more impactful and gets more clicks.
DeleteThe feed on the scandal.
Riley Gaines is a cunt.
XOXO
HuntleyBiGuy:
ReplyDeleteWhat a fascinating personal story. Having the support of his sister was a huge help to him in tackling the book. Having lived the experience, and sharing through the film will pave the way for so many others.
XOXO 👨🏼❤️💋👨🏽
He's super cool.
DeleteAnd his sister is cool also! I wanna see the film.
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteEverything has a "first" and somebody always has to do that. It takes courage and, thankfully, there are people like Harrison. Bravo!
XOXO
Correct.
DeleteI think the platform he has now is very important. It was a small role, but a role nonetheless. In the biggest hit in 2025.
XOXO
Brave, brave person!!!!! I just hope he wears a mouth protector. No one needs missing teeth! Maybe, hopefully one day we can look back at trans in sports and people will wonder what the hell the fucking big deal was. As you can see I have high hopes.
ReplyDeleteHahaha
DeleteI know, right? He's played hockey professionally, so he comes prepared.
And I share your hope, Mads. I share your hope.
XOXO