Oh, John....!
You know I was IN at 'castle'. Because of course.
I really love when people literally recover historic rubble and then make it livable. I do. It's same parts ingenuity and knowledge. If you’ve ever tried to remodel anything in your house you know how it is. And this is a perfect example of that combination. I think I was aware that this 18th century castle was restored in one of those TV programs that specialize in renovations. And now here we have the finished product. I think it's awesome.
It's not a huge place but I think it's just fine. I would not need too much extra, TBH. And it even has a guest room! Many things would of course need to be custom, like that staircase, but I think that the originality of the place is what makes it worth the coveting. The house may not be huge, but the one-acre garden does leave space to roam around. That is, when he's not flying...
XOXO
You can visit @dintoncastle on insta:
Plus: you can actually stay there cause it’s an Airbnb.
The stairs make my knees creak but staying there for a short visit would be so cool. I love the rustic nature of the building and the property and those views, plus being less than an hour from London!
ReplyDeletexoxo
It's nice, but I'd probably call it a castlette since it's so small. If it were twice the size it would be great.
ReplyDeleteHuntleyBiGuy:
ReplyDeleteOMG! This is a wonderful property. I can’t believe the transformation. The walls were literally falling down and it was overgrown. All of the modern amenities make it very livable. And having the exterior entry to the master bedroom allowed for all of the big items to be moved in easily. I could definitely stay there.
XOXO 👨🏼❤️💋👨🏽
I'd love to stay there as a holiday but it would be too hard to live there. All those stairs would kill me.
ReplyDeleteBig says,
ReplyDeleteOMG. I love this. It's perfect for one person. He's right about needing a fireplace - for ambience; a castle must have a fireplace. And that he's kept all those scrawlings is very cool!
XOXO
What a wonderful, charming, quirky place. I would want a more practical -- and more aesthetic -- solution for the front stairs. The high ceilings make all the difference in the small spaces inside. And I now want a Flike!
ReplyDeleteIt’s a folly , all folly’s are quirky
ReplyDeleteIt had me with the exterior, because it's not big. I don't need big...but this one lost me when it came to the interior. I think I would be claustrophobic for sure, especially in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteI could live here.
DeleteI've lived in studio apartments and efficiency apartments. This is literally three steps up compared to that!
XOXO