Oh, Judas..?
Oh yes!
I love me some @adamlambert. I think the best thing that ever happened to him was not winning that American Idol contest. BTW the only two people I remember from that show are Adam and Kelly. No cap.
Anyway I love this song. I’ve watched the Jesus Christ Superstar 1971 movie and I think it’s awesome and I love the songs. I actually bought the original soundtrack about two months ago and I’ve listened to the whole thing straight twice already.
So groovy!
XOXO
XOXO
P. S. Follow him on @insta


I have always thought he was lovely.
ReplyDeleteAnd as we know from Drag Race...it doesn't always pay to win the season. And only a handful of them really made their career go off with a big bang. Jinkx, Sasha, Alyssa, Alaka and Trixie show how to take the crown and make gold. But many who didn't win also did just as good and made gold anyhow.
First of all, I LOVE the rock opera "JC Superstar." In the early 70s, I wore out the original cast LP set and a cassette version too. Loved the movie also -- still one of my favourites. Also a British remake that was filmed for TV, I don't know, maybe 20 years ago? Anyway, Adam Lambert (who I also love) has done a fab job in this video. He has the pipes for this kind of role, that's for sure. I checked on Wikipedia and apparently this version is from a 2025 3-day Hollywood Bowl production of JC Superstar, which also had Cynthia Erivo as Jesus!!! Wow, what I wouldn't give to see that!
ReplyDeleteBig says,
DeleteErivo and Lambert. Can you imagine??? And the MAGA evilgelical crowd lost their minds over Erivo playing Jesus. LOL.
The original was a two album box set with lyrics, I know, I owned it. I saw the show (Meh) as well as Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (double meh) which has a lot of the earlier musical themes. Not a big fan anymore.
ReplyDeleteBig says,
ReplyDeleteYou're right on...Adam probably wouldn't have done as well if he'd won. Who was the guy who took #1 that year??? JCS isn't my favorite musical but it's his Broadway background that enables him to deliver a song.
We got to see him in concert in a very small intimate setting for $5. Incredible!!! Got to see Pink the same place and $$ that same year. Now that they're huge stars, I can't afford it!
XOXO
HuntleyBiGuy:
ReplyDeleteFantastic rendition! The Hollywood Bowl production would have been something to see. I also loved the original movie.
XOXO
👨🏼❤️💋👨🏽
Murray Head en 1969 à faut une superbe interprétation de la chanson JCS.
ReplyDeleteMonsieur Dupuis 🇨🇦
This is a good tune for Lambert though I lovelovelove his ballad version of Believe he sang to Cher at the Kennedy Center Honors a few years back.
ReplyDeletePS As for Idol don't forget JHud ... girl won an Oscar!! And she's also an EGOT winner -- Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony, and is the youngest woman EGOT in history and the third African-American to do so.
xoxo
He has grown and hones and become even better than ever.
ReplyDelete