Oh, Mr. Rausch....
I don't really know who he is (apparently he's been in some reality show??) but I did find the setting and the idea quite intriguing. You see, when I was at WVU, many undergrad and grad students lived in trailers (mobile homes, I called them) and it was an economic, spacious, fun alternative to the Dorms and overpriced in town living (an apartment on campus could send you a few hundred dollars back every month, even back then and we all lived in a very tight budget).
Here's the thing: we all assign cultural signifiers to things we find familiar (or in this case, unfamiliar because we find them detached from our reality). I think the only time I have seen an actual mobile home inside was when I did an ethnographic study for a class I was taking at WVU and visited a mobile homes development (subdivision?) looking for original recipes that people had received down from family members. I know, crazy. But true story nonetheless. I was quite the experience and not at all what I thought it could be. Our biases, you know. Always present.
So here's your chance to have a close and personal tour into one of those mobile homes. From what appears to be a country boy in the flesh....
Enjoy!
XOXO
My parents lived in a mobile home in Mississippi before I was born, and after I arrived we moved to California with my father pulling a forty foot mobile home behind their car!
ReplyDeletexoxo
OMG that's a TRIP!
DeleteAre there pictures??
I like the idea of a mobile home as a starter home. Sounds affordable.
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteOdd, huh...I could live in a tiny house but not a mobile home. I'm just weird like that. LOL
XOXO
I see.
DeleteBut I understand a mobile home is very similar in structure? And bigger?
XOXO
Here's his Insta. He evidently likes playing with snakes. https://www.instagram.com/robert_rausch?igsh=aXBzMjU1NDh4eDR1
ReplyDeleteI have a snake he can play with!
DeleteSo he's a success story?
DeleteThe American Dream?
He feels very rough trade to me.
XOXO
I've seen some mobile homes done Chic looking, but I don't think I can live in one. I think I'd be too worried with high winds and tornadoes. And I definitely couldn't live in his, that looks way too frat boy style for me. And I have no idea who he is either. I've never heard of Love Island.
ReplyDeleteI think it's the stigma attached to them.
DeletePeople think 'white trash' when they think mobile homes, no?
I'd be more worried with what you mention, though. A home like this in tornado alley would be a risk.
And these boys are ROUGH.
I have no idea what Love Island is.
XOXO
XOXO
Le farm boy sexy de l’Alabama !
ReplyDeleteSi ouvert et terre à terre, un jeune homme refraîchissant :)
Comme Huck Finn et Tom Sawyer.
Monsieur Dupuis 🇨🇦
HuntleyBiGuy:
DeleteWhen I was growing up, my father would take a two week vacation from work and we would go to SE Minnesota where the majority of his family lived. We would stay on my aunt’s farm. Her son, who worked the farm, and his wife had a trailer home on the land. I think it was smaller than this. It had two small bedrooms, a small living area, a bathroom, and kitchen. Later they upgraded to a larger pre-fabricated home, which literally arrive on the property on wheels in two halves, split down the long ways. It was about twice as large. My cousin built a basement/foundation on which the home was placed.
I used to spend my summer on the farm, and learned to drive on a tractor. Fun times. I guess I have a little farm boy in me.
XOXO 👨🏼❤️💋👨🏽
Yes.
DeleteHe's very rough trade country boy.
There's a whole slew of porn sites catering to that kind of man. Some people find them very hot.
And that description of prefab home is quite modern!!! If he did the basement/foundation it was a bona fide house, then...
XOXO
Others put down and ridicule folks who live in mobile homes and trailers, I know for a fact that many have lived interesting lives. I had an aunt who lived in a mobile home because it was practical for her economically. She had a New Moon 12 wide with an extension to give her a bigger living room and a laundry room. She had purchased the mobile home in 1963.
ReplyDeleteMy aunt was a Rosie the Riverter defense worker during ww2 assembling bombers. Her mobile home was furnished with a maple living room set she bought with her hard earned money from her defense work. We use to call her lamps with their frilly lampshades the French poodles, and her couch with its upholstery of maple leafs, pilgrims and native Americans, the Thanksgiving couch. :)
And she was known to do her own repairs on her mobile home. One time her swamp cooler on the roof broke down. She took it apart on the roof of her mobile home, laid out each piece of it on her dining room table and fixed it ! Then hauled it back up to the roof in sections and reassembled it. How it pisses me off to hear people say mobile home owners are trash, I never felt my aunt was trash.
-Rj
There you go.
DeleteI think there's a strong stigma attached to mobile homes, mostly from people with privilege.
And I think your aunt was FABULOUS!! What a life!! People project their inadequacies in others all the time, babes. No news there...
I think a mobile home would be a great starter home. I do know of some predatory practices from owners of mobile home subdivisions, though...
XOXO
The vultures of private equity are buying up mobile home parks across the country and driving up space rents to very unaffordable levels. Unlike in my aunt’s time when it was very affordable, she could never have had the life she enjoyed then in today’s times of pure greed :(
Delete-Rj
"Should we test out your bed", lol! Rob is a cutie, he most recently was on the Traitors US and won.
ReplyDeleteSo a little bit of queer biting?
DeleteHe's attractive. I can see the appeal. Very rough trade.
And Traitors? I don't get cable, so I don't watch that reality series...
XOXO