Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Sabar Bonda ...?

 


We need to think about men who are gay or bi and that do not exist in an environment where being any of those things is even ever considered a choice.

Think about it. Just for a minute.

XOXO




Comments

  1. It looks like a beautiful and heartbreaking film. I'd like to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!!!
      It feels like it's gonna get me emotional...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. It breaks my heart when people cannot be their authentic selves. Can't we all just be as we are and not worry about others?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's culturally bound.
      Men are expected to fulfill a role and only one role.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Big says,
    There are so many stories the world needs to see, and yet can't --- or won't --- accept as truth.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some cultures the idea of a man veering off a predestined life is unimaginable. Like, not even conceptualized.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Your take on Sabar Bonda is as poetic as the film itself. The idea of 'sacrifice of footwear' being a grand romantic gesture is such a beautiful, grounded way to describe love in a world of rigid tradition. Thanks for the reminder that sometimes the most 'thorny' environments produce the sweetest fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tradition!
      Yes, it's very stifling. The people who can really escape it are really in need to be put in the forefront. I want to see this.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. It's playing on YouTube, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am!
      Dave, where's the link???
      I could only find it in Netflix India and I don't have a VPN.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Love is love. You love who you love. No matter where you are at or where you live. I can't imagine not loving someone you love and not being able to express it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet many people go through that.
      Other societies are REALLY rigid in what's expected of you as a man or a woman. Can you IMAGINE?

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Anonymous3/27/2026

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    It’s heartbreaking when people cannot live their lives, if they’re not harming others, as they wish. And all too often it’s all because someone at sometime said “I don’t like that.” Well f**k off. We don’t care anymore.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is.
      That's why I'm so interested in this movie. We are very privileged.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Great post, can't imagine not being able to love who I want. I really feel for them, heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.
      I wanna see this and I hope they do end together!!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • El último ángel - Con la venia de le lectore que estaba encantade con la heterosorna, hago una pausa. El 5 de agosto de 2012 mis hermanas y yo estábamos almorzando en la ...
    1 day ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    3 days ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    4 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.