Go back in time

Show more

Oh, a home by a stream...?


So, the level of taste? Off the charts. 
The use of the space? Outstanding.
The location? Sign me up. 

I know, these kind of abodes do not come easy (he's a landscape artist and engineer by trade, natch) because it took ten years to be realized as we see it now. From the unassuming  street view, you'd probably think it is a nondescript house, but once you enter, you know you're in for a treat.

My ex lives now in the Philippines with his husband and every day I understand more why he moved there...

XOXO

Comments

  1. It seems very Druidic, hanging garden of Babylonish. I've been to the Philippines, and it's nice as long as you don't have a monkey problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I love that!
      VERY Gardens of Babylon. And I would not have problems with the monkeys. Not in a house like this.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I find it too dark and claustrophobic for my taste. Everything's just all too tightly contained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that it is kinda cocoon-ish.
      I love that it opens in the back completely. I like that kind of tension in a house.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. My thoughts: parts of it are too dark, though I like the moody. Still, I am drawn to the side of the house by the windows, though those interior courtyards give me Zen garden vibes.
    I will NOT have an open toilet in the bedroom !!
    And it gives me post-nuclear decimation vibes like the jungle is trying to reclaim the house.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. " jungle is trying to reclaim the house" That's what I love the most! The inside is probably done dark intentionally...to keep the home naturally cooler in warm months.

      Delete
    2. I love that mood.
      And I love Zen garden vibes. And I'm with Mads. Being that he's a master landscaper, it makes sense that he's made nature such a part of what the house is. And it totally makes sense that it would protect the people from heat and sun in the tropics...

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Big says,
    This gives the feel of living outdoors. The streetside entrance hall is stunning. Not sure I could live in this, though. Despite the window wall, the interior is extremely dark. I like some of the photography and paintings I see --- well, sort of see.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the entrance is everything.
      It's impactful and unexpected. I like the twilight interior, you can see the difference towards the back of the house with all those windows.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. My bags are packed Six. Meet me at gate 16 and let's make tracks!!!

    I love this! Your right...the ultimate good taste and very luxe feeling. From the outside you'd never guess the wonderland of swankness that awaits indoors. And the older I get I have all open-air homes. But the outside is just glorious. I love that he made the house secondary, and the plant world came first. Being a Earth child, you know I love that. But tens years? I'd never leave the house...spending all day wandering the greenery.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I'm there! I love the house, too. I think the outside is as fab as the interior of the house. I think he married the outdoors with the indoor in an awesome way.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4/29/2026

    Le Falling Water des Philippines :)
    Une grande pied-à-terre au paradis.
    J’adore le cadre verdoyant et l’utilisation de matériaux naturels, le bois et la pierre. Et, bien entendu, le magnifique mobilier.
    -Beau Mec à Deauville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love the comparison!
      It does have a little bit of brutalist and a little bit of midcentury/craftsman in it. The natural elements are awesome. And the furniture!!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • El último ángel - Con la venia de le lectore que estaba encantade con la heterosorna, hago una pausa. El 5 de agosto de 2012 mis hermanas y yo estábamos almorzando en la ...
    1 day ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    3 days ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    4 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.