Go back in time

Show more

Oh, a homosexual and a Marxist walk into a prison…?

 



Marxist analysis views a society's economic mode of production as the foundation of its social, political, and intellectual life, a concept known as the base and superstructure model. In its critique of capitalism, Marxism posits that the ruling class (the bourgeoisie), who own the means of production, systematically exploit the working class (the proletariat), who must sell their labour power to survive. This relationship, according to Marx, leads to alienation, periodic economic crises, and escalating class conflict. Marx theorised that these internal contradictions would fuel a proletarian revolution, leading to the overthrow of capitalism and the establishment of a socialist mode of production. For Marxists, this transition represents a necessary step towards a classless, stateless communist society. @Wiki

This definition is valid in this context, babes, because some people confuse Communism with Marxism (the fucking ignorant MAGAts)  and that's a capital sin in my book. Especially in a capitalist society like ours. This clarification is kind of very appropriate, given the Fascist-heavy situation we live in America right now. I believe it was about time they did an update on this story. Because it is a layered, interesting story and even though the original actors are awesome, it may have needed an update. It came out forty years ago, and after all, and a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then.  

I read the book for a lit class in another life, and I still think the original movie stayed quite close to Manuel Puig’s original work (Matt makes some very interesting comments about that in the video). People do not seem to understand that when the Fascists strike, they strike everything and everybody they consider a danger. Sexual minorities and politically aware people are the first to go. So keep that in mind. 



XOXO

P.S. I think the new movie is not bad at all .... Groundbreaking? No. Is JLo Chita Rivera? No. But still, necessary. The children need to learn the basics, after all.


Comments

  1. Big says,
    Normally, I hate remakes --- especially when the original is so damn good. But, that said, youngsters aren't interested in the older stars - they only relate to the ones they know. This looks fairly decent. It's got good writers, good director. I wonder if it should be Gaga instead of JLo..... But, whatever. This one is gunning for Oscar.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that the remake is in my queue and I'm planning on watching it soon. Gaga would have killed this, but JLo is sultry and a good dancer.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. It is genuinely terrifying how timely Kiss of the Spider Woman feels after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      Fascism in a Xtian capitalist country is always right around the corner, though..

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I loved the original and am looking forward to seeing the remake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, William Hurt in the original?
      *chef's kiss* and RaĂşl Julia was Trade for the ages.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Three letters kept me and most of the world from seeing this flop: J L o.
    I'll stick to the original and the Broadway soundtrack.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I have not watched it, but I think the other performances kind of help her a lot...

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • El Ăşltimo ángel - Con la venia de le lectore que estaba encantade con la heterosorna, hago una pausa. El 5 de agosto de 2012 mis hermanas y yo estábamos almorzando en la ...
    1 day ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparĂł la atenciĂłn en medio del ralentĂ­ y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    3 days ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneciĂł lloviendo. La casa todavĂ­a estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sĂłlo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzĂł a cantar en la...
    4 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla VacĂ­a] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitaciĂłn de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podrĂ­a decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.