Go back in time

Show more

Oh, I feel so free..!

 

Last week @Madonna dropped her latest single. I Feel so Free comes out during Madonna's 44th year in the spotlight. So, yes. It's been a minute for Madge giving me what I need. I, of course snatched it right away and pre-ordered the Confessions on a Dance Floor 2 album. Because duh. Of course I did. This song is giving me life, btw. Madge always manages to come up with something new when we need it most (several of her launches have taken place when we are literally exhausted from putting up with fuckery, so yes). I think I need to dance right now cause the world is a dumpster fire of fuckery. We all need to dance.



And of course I love this song. I’ve been waiting for her to release something new for awhile. Her last full dance record was Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005) and this is the 'second part' to that album. I loved 'Confessions'. From the seamless transitions between songs to the overall theme of the album, everything was fun and centered on the liberation the dance floor gives us. If this first song is any indication, this record is gonna feel sublime and euphoric and retro and kind of minimalist, in a certain way. And I love that. I love that she can also reference herself (the title is part of the lyrics from Into The Groove, natch) and I feel like a need a Giorgio Moroder exorcism. My prefrontal cortex is ready. My hippocampus and my lambic system are reacting to this song like there’s no tomorrow.

But I have to confess that it’s been a minute for me, going to a club. I think the last time I was in a club, dancing the night away was probably five or six years ago. Damn. Now that I think about it, I need to go back to a club and dance all night when they do launch parties for this record. I think I deserve it. I think we all deserve a night out, dancing into obliviousness, just being carefree and enjoying ourselves. 

Funny thing is, last Saturday was @RecordStoreDay and I snatched a Madonna album I've been coveting for a second. It's called Veronica Electronica and it’s remixes (and a new song) from Ray of Light, one of my absolute favorite Madonna albums. Oh, I’m getting ready to DANCE!



So how's your evening so far? 

Come and meet me on the dance floor...

XOXO

Comments

  1. I pretty sure my order was in the queue was behind yours!!!!! And yes...go dance baby!!!! Let it all out and have some church!!!! It does wonders! I love dancing and the club scene I suspect will always be in my life. It was my life for so long and still is. I will always be a creature of the night club kiddie. It's my church and my people. I have a post on Madonna later this week. Leave it to her to go deeper then people think...of course she has the hidden message again., that clever vamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Great minds!!! I was very active in the club scene. I used to go out almost every weekend. I loved dancing all night and then going to have breakfast at Denny's.
      I'm gonna look for that post! You know I love me some Madge.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. A Madonna fix just when you needed it! Enjoy the album. launch parties, and dancing all night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      I need to unplug myself from the stream of fuckery that is the Cankles administration. Love the album!
      And I have to arrange for a night out very soon. I need that.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Big says,
    With so much fuckery going on, we could all use a fix of liberated happy right now! Oh, I did the club thing waaaaay back when. And not all that often, really. Most of the time, when others were out dancing all night in the clubs, we were sitting in coffee shops (or bars) all night long.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.
      That's what I have read people saying online. Madonna seems to sense our need for some pure, unadulterated fun.
      And I used to love going to clubs. Had a schedule so I could go to a different one every weekend. LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous4/20/2026

    Madonna, still goin’ strong as we all should in this era of Trump fuckery ! And you bet there is more than safety in numbers.
    Use to go-go dance to her songs in the gay clubs back in the day.
    I danced my sweet jock ass off ! :)
    -CA jock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?
      More than forty years. My girl has seen it all. And you got the safety in numbers reference! Yay!
      Ohhh do we have pics of the GoGo days???? We need to see those!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I will say "Enjoy yourselves." Not my fave, but I get the appeal.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This song is a bop.
      It's probably gonna be one of the songs of the summer, even though I think she'll come up with some shenanigans before the year is over.
      And you know I love me some Madge.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I’m with you; the world is definitely a dumpster fire of fuckery right now, and we all deserve to dance into obliviousness. Enjoy that Record Store Day find — Ray of Light remixes are the ultimate fuel! You definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ridiculous how fucked up everything is.
      Really!
      And Record Store Day is always a blast. I love Ray of Light.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I'm with Bob, so that means you need to crank it up even louder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always.
      Madonna is better enjoyed loud.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • El último ángel - Con la venia de le lectore que estaba encantade con la heterosorna, hago una pausa. El 5 de agosto de 2012 mis hermanas y yo estábamos almorzando en la ...
    1 day ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    3 days ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    4 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.