Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Let's Tudor...!

 


First off, I want those breeches.

I actually have some pants that look kind of like that. The mafriend calls them droopy drawers. But I digress. Being rich seemed to have paid back then. Pity that today all we get is the tacky atrocity that is a Jeff Bezos or his even tackier wife...

Also, I think I would have needed a dresser.

XOXO 

 

Comments

  1. Way too fussy for me. I need to leap out of bed, shower, shave, primp and then throw on clothes in less than an hour ... this, even with a helper, seems to take for too long and I am far too lazy even to just stand there!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, have you SEEN Henry VIII?
      This is for the rich, hunny. Well, and the Royal.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The STYLE!
      Am I right? And all the symbols of status. If you knew, you KNEW.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Ah, plumage!
    I think you most likely would've had a manservant to dress you. But can you imagine needed to pee after you've dressed??? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you saw how the breeches work.
      The XV century did have some drawbacks when it came to bathroom breaks...

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Oh, if a man were to dress me up, I'd NEVER get dressed.
    I'd be eternally late for work.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/16/2026

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Such grandeur. Jewels and pearls on the coat, all the best finery.

    I’d volunteer to be your undresser 😎

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      You flirt.
      But yes, THAT is rich.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I myself would have been more in the Edwardian or Victorian time frame of dressing. I so would not have done good with this style of dressing. Mind you now the women's style was gorgeous. The gowns! I guess I'd had to do drag then too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Willioam Shakespeare WAS all the rage then, and women were never allowed on the stage. You'd have been doing DRAG, easily, Maddie.

      Delete
    2. Yes!
      The women's fashions were CRAZY. And everybody was doing drag back then. Women were not supposed to do theater.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. There is something about that era that makes modern-day drama look like a playground dispute. Between the velvet, the massive jewelry, and the constant threat of the Tower, it’s the ultimate escapism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was DRAMA all the way.
      Those people lived their own Real Housewives of England.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I’ve seen this one before and found it fascinating. Don’t you miss cod pieces and shoe roses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like what's under the cod piece better!!!!

      Delete
    2. OMG I was JUST bingeing some videos on codpieces and how that became fashionable!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Anonymous4/17/2026

    Un gentleman d’Angleterre :)
    Un courtier doit avoir ses beaux vêtements, signes importants de position sociale et de richesse à travers les cours d’Europe.
    Les velours et les soies de France, ainsi que les fraises «ruffs» de Hollande et de Belgique, étaient particulièrement prises.
    Beau Mec à Deauville 🇫🇷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's the thing:
      The court WAS the place to be, but also it was very cutthroat. Any kind of luxury material was a status symbol, that's true. Peasants had no idea what that was.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • El último ángel - Con la venia de le lectore que estaba encantade con la heterosorna, hago una pausa. El 5 de agosto de 2012 mis hermanas y yo estábamos almorzando en la ...
    1 day ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    3 days ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    4 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.