Oh, the Bezos MET Gala takeover...?
I have to say that I did not watch the MET Gala, even though it was streaming live on YouTube. And I had the time. It was a no from me, babes. Yes, the MET Gala is excessive but it’s also a benefit for an art institute where fashion houses buy tables and then celebrities show up and give us a show. It also gives money and visibility to all the people who help put these looks together. From designers to seamstresses to makeup artists to stylists. It’s an industry. And we can enjoy the pageantry even though we don’t buy Prada and wear it to Trader Joe’s.
And you know I fucking love fashion and all things glittery and glam with a passion. But (and this is a surgically enhanced butt) Jeff Bezos' pneumatic acquisition and himself literally bought their way into chairing the Gala this year and I right there I decided to boycott it. Because Fuck Jeff Bezos. Him and other TechBros are tying to make themselves cool by buying their way into the echelon of fashionistas, artists, creatives and designers that would not look at them twice in other circumstances (and whom they want to replace with AI). Also, Bezos and his vain toy are Image Laundering. Because, let’s be clear, they back up Fascists. So fuck this Temu Lex Luthor and that classless blow up doll (sorry, blow up dolls!) and their poor attempt to make themselves ‘cool’ or ‘interesting’. It’s not working. We see right through them.

His plastic disaster of a wife (dressed by Law Roach, one of those very problematic faggots we all hear about) wore a Schiaparelli dress inspired by Portrait of Madame X (the famous John Singer Sargent painting) and she kind of owned herself: she does not bring to mind the woman who inspired the painting but instead looks like the perfectly gauche caricature of a very expensive trophy wife with no brains and too much surgically enhanced everything. Because that's what tacky, tasteless nouveau riches do: they buy what they feel they should own even if they have no idea of what to do with it. I'm sure she has no clue who Madame X was or represented (or most likely was given the Cliff Notes version of it by Roach to parrot on the red carpet) and came across as crass and unsophisticated and very on the nose. The dress was fab, the woman? Cheap.
Because money will never buy you class, intelligence or poise. Ever…
XOXO
P.S. I love what Madge wore to the Gala, though...
Because I think that Madge, contrary to the Bezos plastic creation with the on-the-tits’ costume, understood the assignment: Fashion is Art. Madonna can be a lot of things, and one of them is that she knows her references.

Madonna’s St. Laurent costume was inspired by @leonoracarrington, who also inspired her Bedtime Story music video. Say what you want, but Madonna never comes unprepared.
P.P.S. Here’s some of the references at the Gala. And yes, many other completed the assignment much better than that Bezos woman. Go figure.
I see both sides:
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't go because of Bezos and his wife, Caesar Romero, but I would go to bring attention to Bezos and his ilk; billionaires who bought a president so they can make more billions.
xoxo
PS You know how I feel about Madge but she brought it!
LMAOOO
DeleteOMG now I cannot unsee that!
And I think Madge was awesome. I love her as a brunette, too.
XOXO
Didn't watch it, though glanced at some of the photos. I can't believe Cardi B intentionally went as bloated intestines.
ReplyDeleteLOL
DeleteCardi was referencing a Hans Bellmer photograph. The look was Marc Jacobs.
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteFrom what I've heard, some brought it, some didn't. Some understood it, some didn't. As a fundraiser, it all works to help the museum.
XOXO
I kind of justify the thing because it IS a fundraiser.
DeleteI cannot forgive they gave Bezos and that woman some sane washing.
Some people did not understand the assignment, for real.
XOXO
Money talks, but that doesn't make it right.
ReplyDeleteThank YOU!
DeleteUgh. Bezos is so lame! And that WOMAN!
XOXO
Bezos is trash with cash.
ReplyDeleteClass cannot be bought, it is bred into people of noblesse oblige.
Noblesse oblige that Bezos and others of his ilk lack.
Noblesse oblige, for whom much is given, much is required.
That great obligation of the wealthy to help the less fortunate.
As for the Met Gala the organizers should be ashamed, they certainly could have found a far more deserving and generous host.
And the whole gala revealed much about the attendees and their very selfish vanity. They could have gotten together and hosted an honorable counter gala for the Met. Culture is expensive, but it shouldn’t go to the highest and most selfish bidder.
-Rj
Tech bros are basically stunted teen boys with money.
DeleteI think Anna Wintour is on her way out and sane washed the Bezos because he bought his way in (and rumor is he bought Vogue for that woman) so she let them in. They'll never be in the IN crowd, though.
XOXO
I didn't see any of it since being gone, but only online clips of some of the ensembles. Meh. But be sure when I saw the Benzos thing I blew. I HATE THE MAN and all his creations with a passion. Yet people still use all Amazon site and platforms. I won't even go to my beloved Whole Foods anymore since Amazon acquired it. Did you also see Labor organizer Chris Smalls was apprehended trying to get into The Met Ball that night. Chris was also featured in a video which was screened on the side of Jeff Bezos's residence the same night. BRILLANT! Smalls makes the connection between the Bezos and Israel and ICE. How many attendees of The Met Ball do you think made that connection? Many if not all should be ashamed to even attend this event if this is the direction they are going to start going.
ReplyDeleteAnd it surprises me Anna Wintour allowed him to connect with this event in any way. As you know I adore her and she is brilliant, but she is also a creative and a visionary. I'm a bit appalled by this move, as she tends to get protective of the arts , and in the pass has basically told some to piss off.
Law Roach. The worst invention since CROCS! Hold my pearls and ear baubles honey. I can't stand that bitch either. Kills Drag Race. Ru needs to dump his ass. I'd like to strangle him with his long hair around his neck and beat him with a croc!!!!!! Can you say bitter?!?!? He doesn't need to tell us he is a tainted bitter asshole because he already know, he is... he's more bitter and salty then a bag of vinegar chips honey.
I may have had a gin tonight upon getting in. *fix hair, pats face with napkin* There now all better... let it out. Now on to a two-day work week......
Ok, so the tea is that Wintour is on her way out at Vogue and this was a favor she did to Temu Lex Luthor and that woman so they don't destroy the magazine (they will). Neither Bezos nor that blow up doll have any sense of taste but they DO have the money.
ReplyDeleteLaw Roach is bitter and quite vacuous for someone so creative. She's on my shit list.
So yeah. Fuck them all.
XOXO
Luv the gals at I’ve Had It ! :)
ReplyDeleteCA jock
They're EVERYTHING.
DeleteAnd they DRAG Cankles all the time.
Love that for them.
XOXO