Oh, The Hammerstein Theater...?
I started watching The Late Show shortly after Colbert left Comedy Central and The Colbert Report (which was hilarious ) and moved to the Ed Sullivan Theater to take on Late Night. And to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I ever paid attention to the details of this historical theater or noticed any of the changes Stephen mentions here.
It's a historical place. Ed Sullivan fought racism here when very few white voices in media would say anything about racial equality. The theater is a 1927 historical landmark building, the space that housed the Ed Sullivan show from 1953-1971. From 1993 to 2015 housed the Late Show with David Letterman and from 2015 to 2026 it was the home of the Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
So here's a tour of the place, given by Colbert himself...
XOXO
HuntleyBiGuy:
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful space, and the care they have shown it says a lot about the crew. They are aware of the history and realize they are only caretakers.
It says a lot about the man at the helm, and he is already missed.
XOXO 👨🏼❤️💋👨🏽
And they restored much of it for The Late Show!
DeleteColbert did a great job (and gave credit to his crew)
I hope they don't do to it what Cankles did to the White House....
XOXO
It truly is a theater with relevance.
ReplyDeleteHistorical!
DeleteAnd CBS is gonna fill it with a third rate comic....
XOXO
Thanks so much for sharing that. Amazing the things they found and uncovered and restored. That dome is stunning.
ReplyDeleteOn a personal note, I did love that his "mark" was South Carolina!
xoxo
They did an excellent job!
DeleteThe dome IS fab.
And yes! The SC mark was a very nice detail.
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteWhat a place! Few people get to experience working in such a landmark. I hope the next group to use it shows as much care and respect.
XOXO
Oh, CBS is renting it out to some trash talking third rate comic.
DeleteThey are cutting their nose....
XOXO
Give them time, our maga regime will destroy the Ed Sullivan Theater for spite, just like they desecrated the White House. :-(
ReplyDeleteOMG
DeleteExactly what I was thinking!!!!
XOXO