Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Pretty Privilege...?

 

Pretty privilege is the tendency for people who are viewed as more attractive or "pretty" to receive more opportunities, benefits, attention, or other perks than their less attractive counterparts. … With the proliferation of large scale social media platforms that focus on physical attractiveness and greater discussion of social dynamics on platforms like TikTok, pretty privilege has become an increasingly common term. Pretty privilege can be seen in its effects on career trajectory, social acceptance, legal aid, and gender dynamics. @Wiki


Oh yes babes. Pretty privilege IS a thing, especially among gay men. Also, it’s a quickly depreciating asset: it has an expiration date, no matter what people do. Twink Death is indeed a thing, you know? But alas, we do have to remember, some men prefer youth and physical beauty over almost anything. And most people are pretty when they're young and not much more. So there's that. 

When you’re a gay man, being attractive is a very, very coveted kind of currency and we all know that. We see it every day. Whether you are in the apps or on social media, it's undeniable that being attractive IS a very valuable asset. Just look at your feed... Or your DMs…


XOXO




Comments

  1. As Judy says, Beauty fades, but dumb is forever. And if there's nothing behind the beauty, a brain or a soul, it faces even more quickly.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rAMEN!
      I keep telling the gaylings that and they don't listen. Tant pis pour elles. Pretty does not last if there's nothing propping it up...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Big says,
    Pretty Privilege has ***always*** been with us. All ya have to do is look at the folks in TV and film. Ever see any who are not at the very least considered "attractive?" Oh, yes, there is the exception like Willem Defoe, but most casts are filled with "pretty" people.
    But, yep. Pretty fades. And sometimes pretty fades *badly.*
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right.
      But now your neighbor can make coin with it. Before it was the movie *stars* now it is anybody with an iPhone and a ring light.
      And nobody will remember them tomorrow. Defoe? Icon.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Are you telling me life isn't fair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I ever would say I had pretty privilege, but when we'd go out some friends used to give me a hard time because I can get past the lines at clubs to get in or I get all my drinks free. I don't think it had anything to do with being pretty. Mine was more treat people right and you will go farther. So when we used to go out my bartenders would get very big tips. Then when they got to know me they wouldn't charge me for drinks in return I would just leave them good tips. Get to know people people and I think that works to your advantage. Being nice attracts more flies than being bitter. Now if I'm sitting at a bar and I get picked up over the guy next to me sometimes? Probably might be pretty prilavage . One guy i was talking too once got pissed.when a guy came over and picked up me over him. But it was the guys decision...im sure my ads had nothing to do with it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babes, that's because you've got substance and beauty.
      And you know how to treat people. Add charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent and that's why.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I wanted to add it definitely exists though. I mean when you're out of the bar and it's packed I've seen guys wait forever for a drink, but soon as the big muscular jock gets there they wait on him right away especially if it's in a gay establishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely.
      And now more than ever, because anybody pretty can be somebody. Influencers? Very pretty. Dime a dozen. Hot Jocks? As long as they have a gym membership...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Looks should not be a part of it. Remember, pretty is on the surfce.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

En otra lengua

  • El último ángel - Con la venia de le lectore que estaba encantade con la heterosorna, hago una pausa. El 5 de agosto de 2012 mis hermanas y yo estábamos almorzando en la ...
    1 day ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    3 days ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    4 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.