Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Pride...?




 

 So I was on YouTube and found out that there was a Live going on and it said Madonna. So of course I had to click on it. And voilà. There was Mutha, doing her thing after a whole wall in a building opened up to let her and Stuart Price (who's producing Confessions II) entertain the children in the middle of Times Square. Talk about a Pride celebration!! (this video may disappear soon, so watch it!)

Madonna and NY go way back. She was one of those people who go to NY to DO something of themselves. And I think we all should kind of recognize that she DID do something of herself: she's one of the most famous entertainers in the world. If that’s not doing something with her life, I don’t know what it is, then.

The whole time I was watching this mini concert I was getting goosebumps. Because I love Madonna. Duh. I also think Madonna is one of us. Madonna has always taken gay people into account even before it was fashionable. She was in with the gays before it was 'cool'. Madonna was there for the gays when being gay was still stigmatized and even penalized (remember homosexual activity was decriminalized nationwide in 2003 (!!) and same sex marriage was only legalized in 2015) and Madonna has always been there for the community. Just saying. And why do many of The Gays like her? Because she's got charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent, babes.

Oh, and then this happened:



Madge went ahead and dropped a whole mini-film with her latest song(s). Not the format of the one-song-one-video as people usually do. This IS Madonna, so of course it was gonna be extra. And she flexes like only Madonna can: the production, the music and the cameos. Because she CAN.


So you wanna dance?

XOXO

P.S. I really wish Debra were posting right now because I get a ton of the Sacred Feminine in that short film and I'd love to have her point of view on it....
Also, yes. That’s Lola at the end.

Comments

  1. Big says,
    The MESSAGE. "I can be who I want to be." Yes! "I can create a persona." Yes, again. Things she's been doing since she burst onto the scene. I like this. And I see a purchase in my near future.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she can go deep. People don't give her enough credit.
      And I preordered this album. I've got the first three songs already. It's gonna be a bop.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is!
      Especially for a woman artist to keep the world's attention for forty years.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. You know I just love Madonna and already three of her songs are on the top 100 dance hits. And adoring the song with Sabrina Carpenter. The only thing that bothered me about that Times Square pop up concert was that outfit. It was almost painful to see the bottom half of that. That looked way too young for her, and I have no idea what was wrong with the fit of those panties around her legs but reminded me almost of an old woman. I try to block that out otherwise I still adore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madge doesn't fail.
      And I love the song with Sabrina!! Such a joyous rump. And I love the boots and the corset!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Okay, I'm late to the party but here I am. YES, I AGREE that there's a real vibe of Divine Feminine power in the film, particularly of goddesses like Aphrodite/Venus who rule over raw sexual power in all its chaos and disregard for any law but desire and attraction. And on a more mundane level, don't we ALL want to shoot laser beams out of the ol' cooch AND dance with Benedict Cumberbatch? I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!
      That is exactly what I thought!
      She’s in fine form, powerful AND calling the shots . The CoochLasers (TM) were genius!
      And if I get Cumberbatch in a bathroom stall….

      XOXO


      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • El último ángel - Con la venia de le lectore que estaba encantade con la heterosorna, hago una pausa. El 5 de agosto de 2012 mis hermanas y yo estábamos almorzando en la ...
    1 day ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    3 days ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    4 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.