Go back in time

Show more

On, her hundredth...?

 


She was born on June 1, 1926 ( and died in 1962! What are the odds?). This would have been her birthday week. And because I always celebrate my birthday week, I'm celebrating Marilyn's birthday week too! I'm watching The Seven Year Itch, How to Marry a Millionaire, All About Eve and Niagara this weekend. A Marilyn Marathon. The manfriend has a huge screen to project movies in the backyard and I'm going IN. Wanna come over?

Oh, and @Plasma decided to do her own tribute to the one and only silver screen goddess herself. And she did not disappoint. 

Enjoy!

XOXO

P.S. As a gayling,  I used to have that Marilyn in Bus Stop poster in my first apartment and I was devastated when I had to leave it behind in one of my many moves. Later in life I learned that many, many gay men had been (and are) thoroughly obsessed with her. I was obviously not attracted to her ( I can totally see why straight men would, though, she was gorge) but I… connected with her aura somehow? I don’t know how to explain it.

Anyway, HBD, Norma Jeane!

George Barris @wmagazine

P.P.S. they killed her.

Comments

  1. It's sad to say, but think her untimely death did more to advance her career than any of her actual work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd be surprised.
      She's been considered a gifted comedienne, a sharp dramatic actress and quite the intellectual for her times. She was so good, it was almost impossible to get rid of the 'dumb blonde' label. It was rumored that she was genius at turning Marilyn Monroe on and off at will.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6/04/2026

    Norma Jean Baker,
    la chrysalide d’Hollywood.
    De fille ordinaire à étoile légendaire :)
    -Beau Mec à Deauville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely.
      She was literally MADE. I think she was fabulous.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. We have the same birthday . And I was born in 62

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG the COINCIDENCES!!!
      And Happy belated Birthday, dearhreart. Your blog rarely comes up in my reader anymore. Fuck blogger!!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Big says,
    Happy birthday to her!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      Gone too soon.
      They killed her.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Such an icon.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, she's THE icon.
      I think we will only get one Marilyn Monroe.
      I don't think any contemporary star has blazed a trail quite like her.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I got to see two of her films once I got back home Sunday night. How to Marry A Millionaire is my favorite. I'm soooooo her in that film!!!! I like Niagara, but it is quite a grim film in Marilyn's repertoire, although her screen presence in it did make her a "sex symbol", and Warhol used an image from this film for his famous screen-prints of her. And of course, Some Like it Hot and Seven-Year Itch. She gave me the best tip from that movie when it's hot in the summer. "You know what I do when it's hot like this? I stick my undies in the freezer."

    And I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I have always firmly, strongly believed she was rubbed out. Everyone states how top of the game she was, very happy, starting a new film. Also why was the scene and meds cleaned up before authorities got there??????? Make no sense and no one was ever brought in for tampering with a scene suicide or otherwise. I call murder. She was very intelligent and like soaking up knowledge. She wasn't stupid. Nope. Either mob or the Kennedy's had her taken out.

    Plasma nailed the Diamonds number!!!! And yet again kudos to her for showing NYC queens and not all Ru Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to Marry a Millionaire is also my fav!
    I love Niagara. She looks STUNNING in that movie. I can understand how she became a sex symbol after that.
    I also believe they killed her.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • El último ángel - Con la venia de le lectore que estaba encantade con la heterosorna, hago una pausa. El 5 de agosto de 2012 mis hermanas y yo estábamos almorzando en la ...
    1 day ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    3 days ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    4 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.