Oh, Brian...!
Well, color me any way you want, Brian.
I think that finding your color is quite a feat. Not everybody can find that balance between running to buy the color of the year and staying true to your vision is quite rewarding, I think. Notice also how neutrals do not have to be white (neutrals are more than seven shades of eggshell and some beige) and how they add to the mood.
I like the layout and the idea of not having an extractor in the kitchen. BTW, those appliances? Bet they are not cheap. But for someone who cooks, they may be essential. And notice how the furniture and accessories (the idea of bringing texture and some patina to help burnish the 'new') and that little bar! Mads would approve.
The hidden utilities? Yes. The powder room? Yes. The bedroom? I'm moving in.
XOXO
Nice accent. In the US eggshell is considered a sheen, not a color: matte, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss, and gloss. I did have to chuckle at the perfectly sized and placed TV.
ReplyDeleteHahah that TV!
DeleteIt's a necessary evil at this point. I do refuse to put one in my bedroom, though...
And Eggshell is both a sheen and a color: it's a pale yellow-green shade of white (hex code #F0EAD6) and it's the preferred color of landlords all over the United States.
XOXO
As a man who has a powder room painted black, I'd love the dark red powder room. And who doesn't love an open bar on display; I'd run to the tequila shelf!
ReplyDeletexoxo
IKR????
DeleteSo absolutely moody! And an open bar is almost a necessity if you entertain.
I'm partial to Mezcal, though...
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteGreys are also a neutral.... We have spots of color, burgandy, teal, silver, and red. Oh, and we also have a built-in (dry) bar. He's right about TV placement, too. The designers who put them so high on the wall are nuts; that's not a comfortable viewing angle. You sit on one of our couches (yes, we tave two: 1 grey, 1 green) and the view is straight on.
XOXO
Correct.
DeleteAnd grays were overused about five to ten years ago. They were EVERYWHERE. And a TV too high on the wall is a sin.
XOXO
Big says,
DeleteGreys everywhere 5 - 10 years ago...there's that "trendy" stuff we've talked about.
😁
XOXO
I agree the pied de Terre is stunning!!!! And adore the color pallette. My favorite room...the kitchen!!!! And I don't generally like a open kitchen into other rooms...as when your cooking, the smells invade everything...but I don't mind this set up since it matches in so well.
ReplyDeleteAnd I hate when people say what's the color of the year or whats the trend in interior design. I always say don't ask me, I have no idea. Trends belong in fashion...there two expensive to follow to keep updating a home when it comes to interior design. I always say...find what you love, buy the best you can and make it work for your taste and lifestyle and you'll have it forever.
I thought of you immediately!
DeleteAnd yes, the kitchen (with that waterfall countertop!) is beautiful. And fuck color of the year. It's just a ploy to sell shit. Show me a trend and I'll show you a fashion victim.
XOXO
Touché !
ReplyDeleteUne maison aux goûts raffinés,
les designer irlandais est très créatif :) 🇮🇪🍀
-Beau Mec à Deauville
He certainly is.
DeleteI love his style. It's sophisticated and a little bit luxe.
XOXO