Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Leviticus...?

Leviticus (2026) - Movie | Moviefone


 


Oh, yes. Leviticus:

18:22 - And with male you shall not lie down beds of woman, it (is) abhorrence.

20:13 - And man who is lying down with male beds of woman, the two of them they did abhorrence, they shall be put to death, the bloods of them in them. @discover

We are all familiar with the verses and how the wingnuts interpret them to help them hate. Because their little book, written for Bronze Era peasants and centuries of bad translation has been distorted by the patriarchal rulers in order to be better bigots. But this movie...!

I do love horror, even though I scream and cover my eyes while watching them but I love gay shit, so yes. I’ll be watching this.

Have some popcorn?


XOXO

P.S.  "... traditional English translations of Leviticus 18:22 are known as “clobber passages” that condemn homosexuality. Lings’ philological, literary analysis undermines the inclusion of Lev. 18:22 among those texts. He legitimizes a reading of Lev. 18:22 that condemns incestuous, same-sex rape. Therefore, the use of Leviticus 18:22 as a weapon against all same-sex relationships is not only unjust, but linguistically misguided." @smu.edu

Comments

  1. It does look interesting and I do like a good horror film--without the gore--so I may be on the lookout.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      I cannot do body horror or gore well.
      This looks scary, though. The everyday horror.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7/09/2026

    Big says,
    Woah.... And with a Sundance seal of approval, too!
    XOXO
    P.S. This is my attempt to leave a comment using Edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7/09/2026

      Big adds,
      So, it worked but for some reason I can't sign in to my Google account. Sheesh....
      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's been rated well.
      And Google is a little bitch. Really. They do want all of our information across platforms.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Well, you know I'm all for same sex shenanigans, but horror films? Nope, nope, nope. Will be giving this one a miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I know! And this one has some religious undertones that will freak me out more than any other horrors.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7/09/2026

    Film d’horreur sur la passage à l’âge…..
    -Beau Mec à Deauville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so!
      As if growing up weren't terrifying enough...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Anonymous7/09/2026

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Oh yes, sign me up.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      You're good for horror movies. I scream all the time.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Oh horror films are a big no no for me. However, there is one horror film that I do love and maybe because it is a bit campy…the Scream franchise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      The Scream movies are good spoof.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I want to see this. If you get scared just jump on my lap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Babes, if I jump on your lap it'll end being a totally different kind of film!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • El último ángel - Con la venia de le lectore que estaba encantade con la heterosorna, hago una pausa. El 5 de agosto de 2012 mis hermanas y yo estábamos almorzando en la ...
    1 day ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    3 days ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    4 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.