Go back in time

Show more

Oh, the London home...?

 


I always like having people tell me stories about stuff they have in their house. I don't care if the house is fabulous or not. That’s just the icing on the cake. I am interested in the objects the person has and the stories behind them. And here's Motha, giving us a tour of the things that matter to her and the connections they have with her life. You’re going to be surprised. I was.

It's a very interesting thing, watching someone talk about things they have and love, knowing that at one point in their lives they were living on popcorn, gluing Frida Kahlo postcards to the wall and handing out tapes with their music to snotty DJs. And now they own a Kahlo.

So live and learn, no?

XOXO

P.S. one of my fav objects right now is this ConfessionsII record the man friend got for me. It's on very heavy rotation in my trusty turntable at this moment and I'm loving it. It's such a fucking mood...





I’m loving all this Madonna. I’ve missed her. 

Comments

  1. I, too, like to see what people collect and the stories behind them. Madge has got some interesting things, love the Frida, and now here's where I get snarky, I love her collection of English accents.
    That's all.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved his son's sculpture. He's talented.
      And I loved all the Kahlo paintings. They are probably a pretty penny.
      And that's called linguistic accommodation. She's lived all over the place and that's influenced her speech (her neuroplasticity is probably very high too, so that is another variable). And don't forget she was married to Guy Ritchie for about eight years who is English, so that must have affected her speech patterns also.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. I just like to torture her. And I say that with an English accent!!
      xoxo

      Delete
    3. LMAOOOOO
      Hey, at least you didn't say she's old....
      Because I DO want to look like that (or have the money to look like that) when I'm 67!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. What Bob said. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, but what about the things that are important to her?
      And I think your accent would not vary much because you and your family have probably been in the same PA area for a long time. There's no variability in accents around you. But if you were to have lived somewhere else, you'd also probably pick some features of another accent...

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Cosas de heteros (II) - Decía mi abuela: “El amor es ciego, pero los vecinos no” cuando quería opinar ‘sutilmente’ sobre relaciones no convencionales. Por lo general, porque le...
    6 days ago
  • AHS NYC versus Fellow Travelers - Últimamente y de manera consecutiva se me han cruzado en el camino dos series que retratan una de las peores crisis que sufrió la comunidad gay durant...
    1 week ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    1 week ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.