Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Pozole...?

 


First of all, I'd marry him because one of us must be able to cook. But he's taken, alas...

Second, Pozole is one of my all-time favorite dishes. Ever. 

Only thing is, most Mexican restaurants around here ONLY make Pozole on weekends. Why? Probably because it's kind of work intensive or maybe because the rest of the week they offer other kinds of soups (most Mexican soups are DELICIOUS, for real) and this is considered a treat. Whatever the reason, I can only get it on weekends. But I think it's yummy. And I had absolutely no idea of its origins and that the word comes from the Nahuatl word pozolli.  TMYK, right?

And so is @MaxMiller....

Go ahead, give him a follow and you'll learn a thing or two about recipes full of history.


XOXO





Comments

  1. Interesting. I always use rubber gloves with working with chiles. I've never seen this guy, I like Eats History which is in the same vein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to do jalapeños with Pozole.
      Gloves are good when you're working with the spicy ones.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I lovelovelove pozole and make it quite often in winter. It's a hearty meal!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my dish all year long.
      I love it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7/30/2026

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    This sounds delicious. I’m surprised it’s something you like, so it must be on the milder side. I love the history lesson in the middle.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍đź’‹‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating video! It's the perfect accompaniment for my post yesterday about the Aztec Goddess Coatlicue! Good Mexican cuisine is just starting to be available up here in the Great White North of Canada. So I've never heard of or eaten pozole before. If I ever see it on a menu, I'll try it!

    And thanks for bringing his video series "Tasting History" to my attention! So many look interesting! There's quite a few I want to watch now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      What are the odds? We were in an Aztec roll!
      I hope you get a good Mexican restaurant there. Just look at the customers, if people are speaking in Spanish, go for the Pozole!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Big says,
    I love all kinds of soup --- in winter months. And good ones are very time intensive, which might explain why you can only find it on weekends. The restaurant has spent all week making it! This one sounds delish --- but I would have to go very light on the chilis. We're lightweights in the heat department in this house.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I saw "Max Miller" and thought, Wait! Max Miller??? The idiotic abusive congressman from Ohio??? Nope. Whew....

      Delete
    2. I love soup all year long.
      It does not really matter if it's winter or summer. And Pozole is delicious. I have it without any peppers. I can't take hot spicy food. Green Pozole is spicier, though...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Pozole is top-tier comfort food! 🥣 Max Miller’s deep-dives make you appreciate every single bite so much more. Weekend-only access just makes that Saturday craving hit that much harder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what he did with the history of the dish!
      I had no idea. And I love me some Pozole over the weekend. It IS a treat.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Sorry these videos tend to be too long for my blog reading time, but I do love pozole. Can’t remember the last time I had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pozole is delicious.
      I usually have it with some extra rice instead of tortillas.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I have never heard of it...but it sounds like something I'd love!!! Yum.

    I also might want to taste him too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, babes.
      You need to get you a good Mexican restaurant ASAP.
      And he's yummy.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • MI "REACTION" AL "MEET THE QUEENS" : DRAGRACE SPAIN 6 - Ahora que me he vuelto un poco forofo del Instagram (al principio no le veĂ­a la gracia pero ahora que ya tengo al algoritmo trabajando a mi favor puedo ...
    1 week ago
  • Contradicciones - Quise escribir sobre la muerte de Gloria Steinem, pero otro obituario, en menos de una semana, da demasiada grima. Siguiendo el ejemplo de quien fuera...
    3 weeks ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneciĂł lloviendo. La casa todavĂ­a estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sĂłlo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzĂł a cantar en la...
    2 months ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla VacĂ­a] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitaciĂłn de Cepeda a dialoga...
    3 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podrĂ­a decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.