Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Douglas...

 


Well, if Martha Stewart is going to be your neighbor, you might as well go all the way in ......

Right?

XOXO

You can follow @douglasfriedman on insta....





Comments

  1. I will say he's kind of annoying. It felt like a commercial rather than a house tour ... I'll watch it again and take a shot of Anejo every time he says either Steven Gambrel or "amazing artisans."
    That said, I want this house; I love every single space though, yes, the kitchen sunroom is the best. I love all the colors and most of the furniture and love having Martha come mow my yard. She does that, right?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Oh, he's promoting his brand. He's smart.
      And we are knee deep in this Temu-ized world. Artisans are (and should be) appreciated. Nothing is made to last anymore...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Like Bob said, and what's with the subtitles? That sunroom/kitchen does look like a restaurant. Most of the house is nice, but unless you have around 15 guests staying with you all the time, I think it would feel rather empty. And I looked, "D" is worth around $32.5 million.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Japan's GQ, Dave. That's why they need subtitles.
      And I love the sunroom. It's spacious and the color is fab. I thought you'd notice that....
      And it is... too big for you? This is a first.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Big says,
    Beautiful. Kitchen's too dark, though. Those spiked bedside lamps? *Bump in the night.* "Honey, turn on the lamp!" ... "Ow! MF - my arm was just gored!" Pretty stupid. But, hey, when you've got the money for all those "custom" pieces by "artisans" well, let's brag about the (intimated) cost of everything. Some people just have no concept of graciousness. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a flight to catch so I can get some more reclaimed marble floors that were ripped out of an antiquity on a Greek Isle. LOL.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the kitchen.
      You know I'm not much of a cook, so it's not something I obsess over. And yes, those custom pieces are the ones that are going to last. Having anything customized is, after all, a symbol of status. He does not need to tell us those things are expensive... we know.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I like the wraparound banquette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      I've seen it in some houses and it's actually quite useful.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. When Martha Stewart is your neighbor, the design stakes are sky-high! 🏡 It definitely felt like an episode of Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous, but that sunroom alone makes it worth the watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he didn't have dough, he would not live there, that's for sure.
      And the sunroom is fabulous. I want one.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Contradicciones - Quise escribir sobre la muerte de Gloria Steinem, pero otro obituario, en menos de una semana, da demasiada grima. Siguiendo el ejemplo de quien fuera...
    3 days ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    1 week ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    1 month ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    3 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.