Oh, FAQs...?
Oh, yes. I know that many people find it difficult to categorize sexual attraction. But I think it’s because that, as is the case with sexual orientation, the possibilities are multiple. Just ask Ace Daddy and he'll guide you through it.
There's the split attraction; arousal, libido and direction; and also that in the ace spectrum you can be gray-ace, demisexual or ace flux. The thing is, some of us have a very clear idea of what (and who) we like in bed and how we express that. For some people, I'm really not sure if that's an easy task. I've known some people who I believe are Ace (not that what I believe has any influence in the real world, natch). But like textbook Ace. And they’re totally unaware. I am so confused sometimes.
So that's why you're getting this video. Sexual attraction? I barely know her!
XOXO
P.S. Ace Daddy is giving me the tingle to mingle.
This video is intended for those individuals who need to everything as complicated as possible. You know who I mean, those who ask, "what is the root source for that thing that is happening in my pants?"
ReplyDeleteHahaha
DeleteWell, given that we have such terrible sex ed in this country and on top of that, religious-guided homeschooling, some people that have no idea to the root source of that thing that happens in their pants, so yeah.
That video is for them.
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteSo, in other words...this is nothing new. No new information. They're placing new words to old meanings. ALLO? DEMI? I mean, come on. New psychobabble to make folks think they've made some new discovery about human sexuality. ACE doesn't stand for anything. It's supposed to be short for "asexual" which would be ASE. But, then, of course, some people would interpret that as "ass" (which is probably what I'm making of myself right now). LOL.
XOXO
P.S. Ace daddy made me as crazy as Ari Melber with the constant hand waving. OMG. Hand gestures can be quite useful to embellish a verbal point. But when you can't utter a single word (or syllable) without them.... Oy.
I don't thing there's old words defining what's been explained in the video or what Asexuality is viewed as today.
DeleteI believe the term 'monosexual' was present in the 1800s, and Kinsey had 'X' or the seventies had asexually as part of the hetero/homo binary. But not as it is known now. The DSM uses Hipoactive Sexual Desire Disorder. I prefer Ace.
XOXO
It really is amazing how much nuance exists under the hood once you break down arousal, libido, and romantic vs. sexual attraction. For some folks it’s simple math, and for others it’s pure quantum physics!
ReplyDeleteIt's always fascinating to see how people define themselves when they finally get the vocabulary for what they've felt all along. Keep the great video recommendations coming—and behave with Ace Daddy!
And I think you hit the nail on the head, Mr. Shife.
DeleteI think for people who have a very direct connection between attraction and sexual arousal it's kind of easy to dismiss the nuances of being Asexual.
And these words allow people to feel part of something, not as castoffs, but as people with a valid sexual response (or lack thereof).
XOXO
There are far too many labels.
ReplyDeleteStop.
xoxo
I think it may be because everyone wants to be part of something "unique."
DeleteAnd you're right: Stop.
But here's the thing:
DeletePeople need to feel represented. Some people were casted off as freaks because they did not experience sexual desire like most others did. Now people can put a name to what they feel or are without having to wait for others to deem them 'less than' because they just don't react to sexuality the same way as much of the population.
I am a cisgender homosexual male, but I do experience sexual attraction. If I were Asexual, I'm sure I would feel differently when dating/hooking up right now....
XOXO
Parents hit the roof in Southern California when some high school districts proposed adopting sex education programs from Sweden in 1965, due to the high numbers of venereal diseases and pregnancies in teenagers.
ReplyDeleteI can remember when a friend’s kid brother was scared of having a wet dream, as others kids had told him a long worm would come out !
I assured him that is not what happens, and I was just 12. Ignorance and misinformation is not bliss.
-Rj
Very that.
DeleteIf I were Ace, I'd like to know one, that it's nothing uncommon and that two, I'm not 'weird' for not liking sex the same way other people do.
XOXO